Dad goes off on school board for teaching the 5 pillars of Mohammedanism

Arthur Brain

They already know all of that. They're just playing dumb and lying, just to argue.

Yes, because evolutionary theory, for example, is deliberate man made hokum and there to dupe the masses as part of some liberal anti Christianity propaganda. Oh, except it isn't as any objective and rational person would recognize...

:plain:

dodge

I would happily be an anti-Christian bigot if the founder and center of Christianity was a rapacious pillaging murderer who enslaved and raped people, and who said lying and violence were God-pleasing acceptable means to bring about conquest of the entire world in his name.

If THAT is what you think lies at the core of the biblical Christian faith, then I applaud you for your staunch, flint-set faces against it.

But if you know that is NOT what lies at the center, yet hate it even more than you hate Mohammedanism, then I will applaud when you are cast into the Lake of Fire.

To that I add AMEN ! They reject their creator and applaud a pig like mudslime and the promotion of a false god then they will get exactly what they deserve an eternity in torment and gnashing of teeth in eternal pain.

musterion

Nothing terrifies fundamentalists quite like education

My wife and I are fundamentalists of the consistent dispensational variety.

I also have a Masters and am a licensed professional in my field.

My wife has a Bachelors and was a double major, and now works for the top U.S. firm in a particular area of finance.

Our daughters, 8 and 6, are both in advanced classes and can already speak Spanish well enough to converse and order my dinner. They're fundies too.

Sorry to disprove your blanket statement.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I would happily be an anti-Christian bigot if the founder and center of Christianity was a rapacious pillaging murderer who enslaved and raped people, and who said lying and violence were God-pleasing acceptable means to bring about conquest of the entire world in his name.

If THAT is what you think lies at the core of the biblical Christian faith, then I applaud you for your staunch, flint-set faces against it.

But if you know that is NOT what lies at the center, yet hate it even more than you hate Mohammedanism, then I will applaud when you are cast into the Lake of Fire.

Mindblowing their total hypocrisy - they know christianity is the truth, which is why they hate it and those who receive Christ.

dodge

Yes, because evolutionary theory, for example, is deliberate man made hokum and there to dupe the masses as part of some liberal anti Christianity propaganda. Oh, except it isn't as any objective and rational person would recognize...

:plain:

Evolution is a lie created by Satan and believed by lost and hell bound folks ! Not to bright are you ?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
My wife and I are fundamentalists of the consistent dispensational variety.

I also have a Masters and am a licensed professional in my field.

My wife has a Bachelors and was a double major, and now works for the top U.S. firm in a particular area of finance.

Our daughters, 8 and 6, are both in advanced classes and can already speak Spanish well enough to converse and order my dinner. They're fundies too.

Sorry to disprove your blanket statement.

doubt mr dainty will acknowledge any of that

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Which the fanatical equate with anti Christian propaganda. Oh noes, children are being taught there's more than one religion in the world and they're being brainwashed into it!

:shocked:

Exactly.

BTW, here are some religious demographics for California (from wiki)

California has the most Roman Catholics in the United States

As the twentieth century came to a close, forty percent of all Buddhists in America resided in Southern California.

California has the highest Hindu population in the United States

With almost one million Jews, California has the highest number of Jews of any state except New York.

California also has the largest Muslim community in the United States, an estimated one percent of the population, mostly residing in Southern California. Approximately 100,000 Muslims reside in San Diego.

California has more members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and Temples than any state except Utah.

A Pew Research Center survey revealed, however, that California is less religious than the rest of the United States: 62% of Californians say they are "absolutely certain" of the belief "in God or a universal spirit", while in the nation 71% say so.

The state's
non-religious, which consists of atheists, agnostics, and non-affiliated theists, is one of the fastest-growing groups

Arthur Brain

It's posturing. They want a theocracy and it's not going to happen, we're a pluralistic society. They can home school, they can send their kids to private school, or they can send them to public school where they might *gasp* learn about cultures other than their own. Which won't turn them into a Muslim, that's simply fear-mongering.

Zealots just like whining under the guise of 'righteous outrage' and a platform to do it on. aCW would be devastated if homosexuality were actually re-criminalized as his blog would be irrelevant and he'd have no soapbox left. Ain't gonna happen obviously so it'll just keep going, as with the rest of this type of stuff.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Exactly.

BTW, here are some religious demographics for California (from wiki)

California has the most Roman Catholics in the United States

As the twentieth century came to a close, forty percent of all Buddhists in America resided in Southern California.

California has the highest Hindu population in the United States

With almost one million Jews, California has the highest number of Jews of any state except New York.

California also has the largest Muslim community in the United States, an estimated one percent of the population, mostly residing in Southern California. Approximately 100,000 Muslims reside in San Diego.

California has more members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and Temples than any state except Utah.

A Pew Research Center survey revealed, however, that California is less religious than the rest of the United States: 62% of Californians say they are "absolutely certain" of the belief "in God or a universal spirit", while in the nation 71% say so.

The state's
non-religious, which consists of atheists, agnostics, and non-affiliated theists, is one of the fastest-growing groups

Define how that matters to this conversation, thanks.

Are you trying to tell us you are now atheist?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
No problem teach Christianity at school also you hypocrite since Islam is a religion.

The left are so hypocritical because if creation by God was being taught you would have a snow flake melt down over separation of Gov. and religion.

Teachers present different religions from a historical and cultural context, they're not there to teach doctrine.

You really want a public school teacher to go beyond and teach Christianity any more than that?

The TOL religion forum is a tower of Babel, you'd never get Christians to agree about what should be taught in school about Christianity. :chuckle:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Zealots just like whining under the guise of 'righteous outrage' and a platform to do it on. aCW would be devastated if homosexuality were actually re-criminalized as his blog would be irrelevant and he'd have no soapbox left. Ain't gonna happen obviously so it'll just keep going, as with the rest of this type of stuff.

It's the kind of xenophobia that gave us Trump.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Teachers present different religions from a historical and cultural context, they're not there to teach doctrine.

You really want a public school teacher to go beyond and teach Christianity any more than that?

The TOL religion forum is a tower of Babel, you'd never get Christians to agree about what should be taught in school about Christianity. :chuckle:

Say Jesus from a public school teacher and get crucified these days - teach the actual pillars of islam and beyond (some schools are actually having children quote what converts them to islam) and be celebrated as multiculteral.

Do you care that you are a total hypocrite to what you say you believe? You claim to care about women and children, yet support those who support their slaughter, have you no soul anymore?

dodge

You have no clue do you ! Some schools in California have created prayer rooms for mudslimes. Now for equality they should make prayer rooms for Christians in those same schools you hypocrite.