ECT Conditional salvationists deny the Cross and the Bible

SaulToPaul 2

Keep not responding. As usual. I barely visit this site anyway, so not a big deal.

Phil 3
8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Context, as always

andyc

Phil 3
8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Context, as always

Of course.
And so you accept that the knowledge of Christ, is not talking about Christ's own knowledge, even though the text says "knowledge of Christ".

andyc

Phil 3

Context, as always

Not Christ's own faith, as he is not the one doing the believing. The righteousness of God is imputed to those who believe. That is the faith of Christ, just as it is understood through the knowledge of Christ.
Which is why other translations have to make it more obvious to understand for people like you.

SaulToPaul 2

Not Christ's own faith, as he is not the one doing the believing. The righteousness of God is imputed to those who believe. That is the faith of Christ, just as it is understood through the knowledge of Christ.
Which is why other translations have to make it more obvious to understand for people like you.

Try again.

andyc

Try again.

The righteousness of God is imputed to those who believe, as opposed to the works of the law. It is not Christ's own personal faith that imputes righteousness to you. This ought to be obvious.

9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.

SaulToPaul 2

The righteousness of God is imputed to those who believe, as opposed to the works of the law. It is not Christ's own personal faith that imputes righteousness to you. This ought to be obvious.

9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.

His faith, his righteousness....imputed to us when we believe on him.
You need to understand the word "through".

andyc

I like the the King James version, but I'm able to understand these kind of passages without the need to go and look them up in other translations. Maybe one day you will too.

SaulToPaul 2

Did the Lord Jesus believe the scriptures of the prophets? When he went to the cross, did he believe the Father would raise him back up?

Faith.

Without his faith, our faith in him is worthless.

andyc

Did the Lord Jesus believe the scriptures of the prophets? When he went to the cross, did he believe the Father would raise him back up?

Faith.

Christ's faith is not imputed to you. You are the one who must do the believing.

Rom 3:21-22
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe.

The righteousness of God is dependent on people believing. Without me believing, there is no righteousness of God. So who's faith is it?

Jamie Gigliotti

All of our sins were in the future when God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing our trespasses unto us!

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

So if Christ died for one (and He did), He died for them all!

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Those verses are understood in the context of the whole letters perspectivly.

"Let us clense ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God." 2 Corinthians 7:1

"Seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices and have put on the new self which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator." Collosians 3:9-10

musterion

Has anyone yet replied to the substance of the OP, instead of trying to create the usual boring verse vs verse Mexican standoff?

musterion

Your search will be in vain. You cannot show where a member of the Body of Christ can be uncrucified, unburied, unrisen with Christ and unsealed by the Holy Spirit.

But Andy's got them TONGUES! and that's all the proof he needs that he's saved and you ain't.

Right, Andy? Yeah, that's right.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Phil 3

Context, as always
Yes!

heir

TOL Subscriber
The righteousness of God is dependent on people believing. Without me believing, there is no righteousness of God. So who's faith is it?
What a load of dung. Whether or not you believe does not make the righteousness of God which is by faith OF Jesus Christ unto all void. It's just not upon you unless there's been a moment in your life when you believed.

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

It's by His faith that it is unto all and upon all them that believe. Get over yourself and get saved.