And Jesus Said Unto Paul of Ryan ...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Thanks for encapsulating what's wrong with the Republican party and has been for a very long time. Horribly skewed priorities.

Speaking of which, did you hear the one about the president who wanted to invest in building up the strongest military on earth while cutting head start programs for underprivileged kids and meals on wheels for the elderly?

I hear it's all the rage in hell. :plain:
Those programs can get funding elsewhere, they are utter failures anyway

Arthur Brain

If things were as intended, no one would want. For anything.

Well what happened to upend what was 'intended' exactly? And how come that wasn't taken into account anyway?

Fact is that people do want, starve, die of crippling diseases etc.

The likes of your attitude would only perpetuate that.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps "patrick jane" would explain as to why the American taxpayer should be willing to pay $3.6 million every time this billionaire president chooses to spend a weekend in Florida, but cut those programs feeding underprivileged children and the elderly are "utter failures!"

Again Republican politicians find themselves in the unenviable position of having to explain the "unexplainable" to their constituents - with just 19 months before the 2018 Midterms!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps "patrick jane" would explain as to why the American taxpayer should be willing to pay $3.6 million every time this billionaire president chooses to spend a weekend in Florida, but cut those programs feeding underprivileged children and the elderly are "utter failures!"

Again Republican politicians find themselves in the unenviable position of having to explain the "unexplainable" to their constituents - with just 19 months before the 2018 Midterms!
Those mid-terms will be another sweeping Republican victory. Trump can travel anywhere he wants !!!

exminister

If things were as intended, no one would want. For anything.

Psalms 72:1-4

Endow the king with your justice, O God, the royal son with your righteousness. May he judge your people in righteousness, your afflicted ones with justice. May the mountains bring prosperity to the people, the hills the fruit of righteousness. May he defend the afflicted among the people and save the children of the needy; may he crush the oppressor.

Romans 13:4
For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good.

Jeremiah 22:16
He (King Josiah) defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well.

Governments were set up for the good of the people. Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's, even though you disagree with Rome's policies.
The OT Israel theocracy were instructed to help the poor and even Josiah was called out for doing so.

The Republicans have turned doing good into doing evil. SAD!

pondsbb

I remember meals on wheels used to come by my in-laws and leave food once a week. I used to wonder why because they had food. They also had a family to aid if they needed it. We provided them a very nice home and would never have allowed them to be hungry.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

pondsbb

Endow the king with your justice, O God, the royal son with your righteousness. May he judge your people in righteousness, your afflicted ones with justice. May the mountains bring prosperity to the people, the hills the fruit of righteousness. May he defend the afflicted among the people and save the children of the needy; may he crush the oppressor.

He (King Josiah) defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well.

Governments were set up for the good of the people. Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's, even though you disagree with Rome's policies.
The OT Israel theocracy were instructed to help the poor and even Josiah was called out for doing so.

The Republicans have turned doing good into doing evil. SAD!
If the government is set up for your good, why are you so against a republican government? When Obama was in office I never felt a need to act out in the anger I see now. I took it that whatever happened worked toward good for God's people, whoever was in government.

Even when something happens like the poor Christians that are loosing their businesses for standing against Obama's LGBT agenda will work toward good. If not in this life, then in the afterlife.

You always stand for God's Word but do it in a Godly, peaceful, manner.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. [29] For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

pondsbb

Ryan is Catholic. Christ does not know Him.
Just because Ryan is Catholic doesn't mean God can't use him. God even used a donkey.

I'm not sure I will like this new ACA they are trying to push, but I do know that God is on my side.Whatever happens will work toward God's people's good. If not in this life, then in the hereafter.

musterion

Just because Ryan is Catholic doesn't mean God can't use him.

Don't respond when you don't understand what was written. I said Ryan is not known by Christ. He can't be: Rome put an official curse on Paul's saving Gospel centuries ago and that curse is still in force. Rome replaced the Gospel with a false one. That false gospel is the one Ryan believes. Therefore Christ does not know him.

pondsbb

Don't respond when you don't understand what was written. I said Ryan is not known by Christ. He can't be: Rome put an official curse on Paul's saving Gospel centuries ago and that curse is still in force. Rome replaced the Gospel with a false one. That false gospel is the one Ryan believes. Therefore Christ does not know him.
I was under the assumption this thread was about the ACA and not Ryan's salvation. Sorry for responding when you didn't wish me to.

musterion

I was under the assumption this thread was about the ACA and not Ryan's salvation. Sorry for responding when you didn't wish me to.

My response was actually in reply to the idiocy of the op, so you really don't need to apologize. I apologize for snapping at you.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Let them eat cake, eh? :plain: Well, that's disappointingly callous and wrong headed enough to explain your vote. Disappointing though. And no, though it suits your disposition, they aren't "utter failures". They're programs that help people in real need, make children's lives better, by way of. Now that may not mean much to you, but it should and it should warrant more from you than what you gave it.

Take one of them, by way of, Head Start. Among the wins you can note with that program?

• Head Start children have better social skills, impulse control, and approaches to learning. Head Start children also decrease their problem behaviors, such as aggression and hyperactivity. (Aikens et al., 2013)

• Head Start children are more likely to receive dental checkups and have healthy eating patterns than non-participants. They have lower body mass index (BMI) scores and are less likely to be overweight compared to children in other non-parental care. (Lee et al., 2013)

• Mortality rates for 5- to 9-year-old children who had attended Head Start are 33 to 50 percent lower than the rates for comparable children who were not enrolled in Head Start. (Ludwig and Miller, 2007)

• Head Start children have a higher likelihood of graduating high school, attending college, and receiving a post-secondary degree, license, or certification. (Bauer and Schanzenbach, 2016)

• As adults, Head Start graduates are 19% less likely to smoke than their siblings who did not attend. The savings from these reduced health costs are equal to 36%-141% of the program costs. (Anderson et al., 2010)

exminister

If the government is set up for your good, why are you so against a republican government? When Obama was in office I never felt a need to act out in the anger I see now. I took it that whatever happened worked toward good for God's people, whoever was in government.

Even when something happens like the poor Christians that are loosing their businesses for standing against Obama's LGBT agenda will work toward good. If not in this life, then in the afterlife.

You always stand for God's Word but do it in a Godly, peaceful, manner.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. [29] For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

I guess you are not reading my comments. I have said America is one of the few countries in the world that recognizes the will of the people without crushing the minority opinion (1st amendment). Trump is against those who don't stroke him. He is the one who needs to learn what the republic stands for. The rule of law, balance of power, freedom of the press, representative government where the people vote in those they largely agree with. Trump is trying to undo these things. He acts like his voice is the only one that matters. He is the voice of confusion (1 Corinthians 14:33 - For God is not the author of confusion) standing on every side of every issue - tweeting out needless hate to distract and salve his wounded pride & conceit.

You might not have spoken out against Obama but everyone else did. Do you have a short memory? You must have missed all the condemnation about him at every step. Remember the birther movement and how Trump was the main player in that. Remember the Trump tweets that said Obama was a bad president and everything he did was wrong. And now there is this dopey wiretapping Trump Tower thing. It's Trump's karma to get all this criticism. What goes around comes around. Trump can dish it out but he can't take. Our we suppose to cater to his poor whittle feelings. He certainly doesn't care about anybody else's feelings but his own. He sorely has a victim mentality. That is not presidential, but we all knew that already.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
How the GOP healthcare plan would worsen the opioid crisis
March 15, 2017

A drug epidemic is ravaging the United States, and it’s getting worse, not better. More than 52,000 Americans died from drug overdoses in 2015, more than died from automobile accidents or firearms. That’s far more than died from overdoses in any year during the crack epidemic of the 1980s.

- in Maryland ...opioid deaths jumped 62% in the first three quarters of 2016

- you wouldn’t know that from the American Health Care Act of 2017, the House Republican proposal to repeal Obamacare and replace it with a smaller, cheaper health insurance program.

- it would make the problem worse by making dramatic cuts in Medicaid, the healthcare program that covers low-income people.

- House bill would cut Medicaid funding by an estimated 25%, or $880 billion over 10 years – the largest cost saving in the bill.

- House bill also includes a provision allowing states to drop mental health and addition services from their Medicaid plans. (Obamacare required those services to be included.)

- individual states may find themselves choosing whose Medicaid to fund: mothers and children, elderly nursing home residents, or drug users.

- a Medicaid cut that large, Baltimore health commissioner Leana Wen told me, “could cost the lives of thousands of people. It’s medically irresponsible. And it’s fiscally irresponsible; it will create costs down the road.”

- only about 1 in 10 drug abusers currently get addiction treatment ... wouldn’t accept providing insulin to 1 in 10 diabetics, or making chemotherapy available to only 1 in 10 cancer patients.

- governors rely on Medicaid for treating addiction treatment.

- Ohio had more opioid deaths than any other in 2015 ... an estimated 151,000 Ohioans are getting drug or mental health treatment under Medicaid.

- during the 2016 campaign, Trump criticized the Obama administration for failing to stop the drug epidemic, and promised that he would fix it. At a rally in New Hampshire, Trump promised “a plan to end the opioid epidemic,” and released a statement saying he would incentivize state and local governments to mandate drug treatment.

- in his formal speech to Congress last month, Trump renewed the pledge. “We will expand treatment for those who have become so badly addicted,” he said, without offering any details.

- House bill goes in the opposite direction; it would cut drug treatment, not expand it. Of all Trump’s promises, this might be the cruelest to break.

https://thehillnews.net/news/How-the-GOP-heathcare-plan-would-worsen-the-opioid-crisis
The Republican healthcare bill and cap on Medicaid not only ignores the opioid epidemic, it removes federal funding and downloads the financial responsibility onto the states.

quip

BANNED
Banned
cake is delicious

why shouldn't poor people get to enjoy cake once in a while? :idunno:

looks like you're prejudiced against poor people

which is, of course, racist :p

I hope this is simply side-stepping humor...you can't be this dumb?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

What is ceasars and what is Gods, are not the same thing, secular government isnt concerned with God, and sadly a good many liberal who wants to take for their causes isnt either.

America isnt a theocracy, i would have no objection if it were a Christian one.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
want to stop opioid deaths?

don't abuse opiates

simple :idunno:
"don't abuse opiates" - with those 3 words of wisdom America's opioid problem has been solved!

I'm sure those addicted to opioids will find great comfort from "ok doser's" words!