And Jesus Said Unto Paul of Ryan ...

pondsbb

Yes, they do make the rules, and part of the rules is paying taxes.

What? You mean you don't mind the government giving you a break, but you don't want it to give someone else a break?
So funny...You want to talk submission to government when your entire original post is about bringing down government decisions in the guise of " charity".

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
What's the point of being a Christian NATION? There is certainly enough pressure from the right for such things they want but they seem to side with greed most everywhere else even though they probably won't benefit from it.

The rich get richer and the poor get the picture. Isn't there some principal about the love of money and the love of fellow man that might play some part in our government. Why is a welfare state for the rich OK?
Not only does Trump lack a moral compass, his conservative supporters who consider the rest of to be no better than "heathens," have chosen to align themselves with the one individual who refuses to acknowledge the need for confession and forgiveness from sin!

Conservative Americans have turned Christianity on its head, they elevate wealth, military power, and pious religiosity, while denigrating the poor, disabled and anybody who appears different.

America cannot withdraw behind a moat and wall with the expectation that the military and the prior sector will solve our problems!

Last edited:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Jesus would never tell the government to rob the middle class and give it to the poor. Charity must come from one's heart and not a Robin Hood situation.

Ah, yes he would. but he would hit the rich the hardest.

ClimateSanity

What's the point of being a Christian NATION? There is certainly enough pressure from the right for such things they want but they seem to side with greed most everywhere else even though they probably won't benefit from it.

The rich get richer and the poor get the picture. Isn't there some principal about the love of money and the love of fellow man that might play some part in our government. Why is a welfare state for the rich OK?
Individuals can help people much better than the government can. Government programs for the poor help bureaucrats and social service workers more than they help the poor.

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Danoh

Individuals can help people much better than the government can. Government programs for the poor help bureaucrats and social service workers more than they help the poor.

Must be why even charity organizations are ever in need of some sort a government overseer.

Must be why government had to step in...to begin with.

Your lolipop world would still have all those thousands of child sweatshops that once populated our nation - but for a government FORCED by the FEW to HAVE TO force those lining Politician's pockets into the fact that enough was enough...

Again, you prove yourself beyond inept in your understanding of the basic "heart" of far too many.

Run a business servicing other businesses - a good 80-85% or more are for ever pulling all sorts of nonsense against both their just as many slimy vendors, as well as against their unsuspecting clients.

And just as in "Religious" bigotry - in all its' corrupt forms - God help the "trouble making" whistle blower the Government is often then has to be FORCED to step in to protect.

Because, in your lolipop world, people are ever o so concerned for their fellow man.

Ask Hitler's millions of slaughtered victims about the kind hearts of the many, under your Populist self-delusion.

Wake up already, bro - the night...is far spent.

ClimateSanity

Must be why even charity organizations are ever in need of some sort a government overseer.

Huh?

Must be why government had to step in...to begin with.

Huh?

Your lolipop world would still have all those thousands of child sweatshops that once populated our nation - but for a government FORCED by the FEW to HAVE TO force those lining Politician's pockets into the fact that enough was enough...

Waiting for you to make a direct response to my claims.

Again, you prove yourself beyond inept in your understanding of the basic "heart" of far too many.

What? I still have no idea what you are talking about.

Run a business servicing other businesses - a good 80-85% or more are for ever pulling all sorts of nonsense against both their just as many slimy vendors, as well as against their unsuspecting clients.

Again....what the hell are you talking about?

And just as in "Religious" bigotry - in all its' corrupt forms - God help the "trouble making" whistle blower the Government is often then has to be FORCED to step in to protect.

When are you going to make a direct response to my claims?

Because, in your lolipop world, people are ever o so concerned for their fellow man.

Some people are.

Ask Hitler's millions of slaughtered victims about the kind hearts of the many, under your Populist self-delusion.

What....Hitler? Now I know you're just rambling on.

Wake up already, bro - the night...is far spent

I'm awake....you need to wake up and make an actual response to my claims.

ClimateSanity

How much money is spent on programs for the poor? How much of that money goes to bureaucrats? How much of that money goes to social service workers?

How many of those people receiving government monies as their only means of subsistence have moved on and become productive citizens and are no longer living below the poverty line?

Can you think of ways family could have moved them out of poverty?

Can you imagine that if they were lifelong active members of a church, that same church would help them move out of poverty?

pondsbb

The premise of the entire original post is that Paul Ryan is making "charity" decisions with taxpayer's money. Ryan taking more from one class or another for "charity", in a forced tax situation, is in no way "charity".

If you wish to be real, as Jesus would have us be truthful, then use Ryan's own money. Then you could turn it into a truthful "charity" situation.

exminister

Jesus would never tell the government to rob the middle class and give it to the poor. Charity must come from one's heart and not a Robin Hood situation.

He never said rob the middle class and the poor and give it to the rich. But he repeatedly by word and deed showed that we should have compassion for those in need.

exminister

A flimsy assertion at best. Both can hurt and both can help. Governments can be examined and challenged. Individuals generally not.

Government gave us national roads and developed medical science and technology like no one individual could. There are programs that help the poor but many love to focus on any anecdotal negatives. Guess what - we don't live in a perfect world.

pondsbb

He never said rob the middle class and the poor and give it to the rich. But he repeatedly by word and deed showed that we should have compassion for those in need.
Yes and that is the kicker. To help out of compassion.
Taxes show no help from compassion.

As a matter of fact, taxes are collected from Buddhists, Muslims, even Witches and atheists.

Since when is the government in the business of making sure these people show compassion? For the government to extract too many taxes shows no compassion for any of these.

I am sure many Christians don't care, but the government is suppose to represent all people.

The premise of this entire original post is completely off Biblical perspective.

Ryan is trying to represent all people and he is not telling us taxes are" charity".

Think of all the tax deductions...Ha.

ClimateSanity

A flimsy assertion at best. Both can hurt and both can help. Governments can be examined and challenged. Individuals generally not.

Government gave us national roads and developed medical science and technology like no one individual could. There are programs that help the poor but many love to focus on any anecdotal negatives. Guess what - we don't live in a perfect world.
Can you name a single time you really helped someone where you can claim the government would have done a better job?

ClimateSanity

Government gave us national roads and developed medical science and technology like no one individual could. .

The only time this would even remotely apply to what i said is if your neighbors driveway was washed out. You certainly could repair his driveway faster and with better quality than the government.

Highways and infrastructure are not acts of compassion; they are acts of making capitalism more efficient. They make all of us more profitable and more able to compassionately help our neighbor.

exminister

Yes and that is the kicker. To help out of compassion.
Taxes show no help from compassion.

As a matter of fact, taxes are collected from Buddhists, Muslims, even Witches and atheists.

Since when is the government in the business of making sure these people show compassion? For the government to extract too many taxes shows no compassion for any of these.

I am sure many Christians don't care, but the government is suppose to represent all people.

The premise of this entire original post is completely off Biblical perspective.

Ryan is trying to represent all people and he is not telling us taxes are" charity".

Think of all the tax deductions...Ha.

The government doesn't make people show compassion but it reflects the compassion of the people. Greedy people don't have compassion. The US government has shown its' people's compassion through the decades. The US taxpayers had compassion for Europe after WWII and paid to rebuild it. The people had compassion for the civil rights of black people and the government was the vehicle to bring an end to slavery and apartheid. The people have compassion for those in need and that is why the US governments uses the people's taxes for aid relief around the world. Few governments around the world reflect the compassion of its' people. The US is one of them. Trump and the alt-right want to change that and just feed their greed. If that is what you want that is what we will get, but it is available just about everywhere else around the world. The US in so many ways is a shining light on the hill. I hope and pray this administration will not snuff that out.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The government doesn't make people show compassion but it reflects the compassion of the people. Greedy people don't have compassion.

is it just for the government to force "greedy" people to participate in acts of compassion that they would prefer not to?

exminister

The only time this would even remotely apply to what i said is if your neighbors driveway was washed out. You certainly could repair his driveway faster and with better quality than the government.

Highways and infrastructure are not acts of compassion; they are acts of making capitalism more efficient. They make all of us more profitable and more able to compassionately help our neighbor.

I don't do asphalt so I would do a terrible job. I know my limits. The Republican Eisenhower built the national roads and he did a fine job across the country. I certainly could not do that by myself. Trump talks about improving our infrastructure which I couldn't fix at all. I hope he does more than just talk.

The government is the heart and will of the people, at least in the US.

Are you an anarchist by the way? If so then I guess there is no convincing you of how the government is not pure evil. I wonder why no anarchist state has ever survived?

I suppose the police have no compassion since they are paid by the "evil" government.