And Jesus Said Unto Paul of Ryan ...

drbrumley

Where I'd say you meet a reasoned proffer with a bumper sticker insult which isn't an accurate reflection of anything but your bias.

I wasn't insulting you. The law is justice, not force.

Just curious in return, db, what is needed for you to consider consent given? Because in this republic the laws are enacted by representatives of the constituency they serve.

They pay no attention to the constituency they serve. 2nd, how does one consent to anything? Other than to willingly allow someone to do something that is within their control. Fair?

BTW, you didn't answer the question.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I wasn't insulting you. The law is justice, not force.
Sorry about the misread then. Mea culpa. Justice without strength is just an idea. So I'd say to be meaningful the law must be just and have the power to act in its defense.

They pay no attention to the constituency they serve.
Then the electorate should find new voices. So long as we have free elections the government and what it does is ours to shape.

2nd, how does one consent to anything? Other than to willingly allow someone to do something that is within their control. Fair?
You give consent by affirmation, participation, or by silence where a reasonable man would speak to object.

BTW, you didn't answer the question.
I just did.