And Jesus Said Unto Paul of Ryan ...

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
"don't abuse opiates" - with those 3 words of wisdom America's opioid problem has been solved!

I'm sure those addicted to opioids will find great comfort from "ok doser's" words!

Why is it the governments responsibility to save someone from their sins?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It isn't....that's the churches' job.

Now self injury that's another issue.

Why is it the governments responsibility to save someone from self injury? Our government is doing a bad job of that, aren't they. Especially to gay males, huh? Also passing pot laws giving the appearance that sin is ok, sin that hurts self and others..

quip

BANNED
Banned
Why is it the governments responsibility to save someone from self injury? Our government is doing a bad job of that, aren't they. Especially to gay males, huh? Also passing pot laws giving the appearance that sin is ok, sin that hurts self and others..

You're actually questioning why the government should take an active interest in the welfare of it's citizens? :think:

And why the persistence in labeling such as a 'sin'....does labeling it as such somehow justify your dispassionate desire to see them punished?

Do you have a unresolved sadistic propensity A4T, or do you simply enjoy exalting yourself above others?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You're actually questioning why the government should take an active interest in the welfare of it's citizens? :think:

Welfare as in keeping them safe from criminals and from foreign invaders and the infastructure, which is its role - yep, since they seem to be confused as to what their function actually should be.

And why the persistence in labeling such as a 'sin'....does labeling it as such somehow justify your dispassionate desire to see them punished?
Desire not to pay for the sins of others, is a desire to see others punished?

Do you have a unresolved sadistic propensity A4T, or do you simply enjoy exalting yourself above others?
Do you lie all the time or just some of it?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Welfare as in keeping them safe from criminals and from foreign invaders and the infastructure, which is its role - yep, since they seem to be confused as to what their function actually should be.

Why stop there?

Desire not to pay for the sins of others, is a desire to see others punished?

Not following you.

Do you lie all the time or just some of it?

How am I lying by posing questions?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Why is it the governments responsibility to save someone from their sins?
Would Jesus refrain from healing the sick because He disapproved of their lifestyle?

The Bible teaches that we are all sinners, whereby those who have succumbed to opioid addiction are no better or worse in God's eyes than the rest of us!

It was the Thief on the Cross, not the respected scribes, elders and chief priests, who was promised a place in Paradise.

Danoh

Not to worry, DC WILL eventually save the country from Trump's self-inflicted sins.

I'm saying that to you.

Lost, saved, still at the lost and found - you name the fool - the Trumper ever lives in Trump's exact same self-righteous, self-delusion.

Danoh

Very sad state of affairs in rural Midwest and Pennsylvania

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app

The issue is NOT globalism.

It only looks like it is.

Problem is you and yours want the back woods of a Little House on the Prairie in a world CONTINUALLY headed for Star Trek.

My first jobs were in manufacturing.

But I got out before I even realized such jobs were not reliable.

Case in point - who makes Pinball machines anymore - that, together with all of its' supporting industries, used to be a huge, huge industry.

What "wiped it out"?

None of your supposed claims.

Not a one.

Advances in technology did.

This notion of - we can make America great again if only we'll go back to land lines with all their counteless jobs, eight track players, and so on, is skewed.

We are supposed to be an advanced 1st world country.

We are.

Many moved on in that.

Letting developing countries take over many of the remaining industries, as we continue "to BOLDLY go where no man has gone before" - technologically.

THAT IS OUR FUTURE.

When do we learn WHY Japan FINALLY won the ACTUAL War they stepped up to the plate to actually fight - that horrible day in Pearl Harbor?

If you want to be honest; give up your automobile; your pc; and your smartphone; and go back to horses; and the pony express.

You and yours ever want America to remain at your insistent backwoods level - you ALWAYS have.

This has EVER been the battle with YOURS.

Then, when you reap the reward of your ignorance, you want to blame, and insist on, and legislate and bomb into existence once more - more of your same backwoods thinking.

It is WHY you voted an Archie Bunker into the most important office in our land.

Yours in the Lord,

Meathead :chuckle: