ECT Words have meaning unless of course you have bit into the lie of MAD.

dodge

The fact that Paul thanked God that he baptized only a few (1 Corinthians 1:14 KJV), that Paul was sent not to baptize (1 Corinthians 1:17 KJV) should be cause for pause (Mark 16:16 KJV) for you one pot mealists!

The Point is that Paul baptized some and NO ONE can produce any scripture from any writer of scripture that says baptism or the Lord's supper was stopped or done away with.

Jesus was baptized as was Paul , and I would think that would give those pause that don't believe water baptism and the Lord's supper are as important ( for obedience ) today as when Jesus, the Apostles, and all the followers of Christ recorded in scripture were baptized.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The Point is that Paul baptized some and NO ONE can produce any scripture from any writer of scripture that says baptism or the Lord's supper was stopped or done away with.
Paul writes of only ONE baptism in Ephesians 4:5 KJV, but what does Paul know?

Jesus was baptized as was Paul , and I would think that would give those pause that don't believe water baptism and the Lord's supper are as important ( for obedience ) today as when Jesus, the Apostles, and all the followers of Christ recorded in scripture were baptized.
Why would anyone endevour to be water baptized when there is but one baptism today?

dodge

MUD is unauthorized (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV)!

I know you meant MAD !

2 TIM. has NOTHING to do with MAD.

Since those in MAD believe the Gospels were for Israel do you believe when John the Baptise said " behold the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world " was for Jews only ?

Jesus referred to Himself as the good shepherd ! Did that apply for and to Jews only ?

For God so lived the " world" did that apply to Jews only ?

Jesus said, " I am the door" did that apply to Jews only ?

Jesus said, I Am the way the truth and the life and no man comes to the Father but by me" did that apply to the Hews only?

Jesus said, " I am the light of the world if a man walks in me etc." did that apply to the Jews only.

To say that Jesus teachings ONLY applied to Israel is to IGNORE TRUTH, CONTEXT,and Jesus Himself.

dodge

heir;4833560]Paul writes of only ONE baptism in Ephesians 4:5 KJV, but what does Paul know?

Jesus, Paul, ALL the Apostles, and everyone in scripture who followed Jesus was baptized.

Why would anyone endevour to be water baptized when there is but one baptism today?

To be obedient to the command of Jesus who is our example.

To do as Paul and all the Apostles did ( baptized ) in obedience to Jesus.

dodge

The point is, if Paul was preaching the same gospel as the Lord or the 12, he could never say he thanked God he only baptized a few. He would NEVER have been sent NOT TO BAPTIZE!

Jesus taught to be baptized how many folks did Jesus baptize ?

In context with scripture EVERYONE Paul led to Jesus WAS WATER BAPTIZED.

Does water baptism save a person ? NO , but every saved person will obey Jesus and be water baptized.

dodge

StP, good song.

STP, please explain to me how you believe the 7 I Am's Jesus taught in the Gospel of John do not apply to the BOC and only apply to the lost sheep of Israel.

1...And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst” (John 6:35).

IS there another bread (food for our soul) that we need other than Jesus ?

2..“I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life” (John 8:12).

Do you know of another light other than Jesus ?

3.....“I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture” (John 10:9).

Do you know another way to be saved other than Jesus ?

4.....“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep” (John 10:11).

Is Paul NOT Jesus the shepherd of the Madist ?

5..“I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live” (John 11:25).

Is there another way to eternal life with God other than Jesus ?

6.....Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6).

Is there another way for ANYONE to go to the Father other than Jesus ?
IS there another truth other than Jesus for salvation ?
IS there another way to attain eternal life other than Jesus ?

7.....“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser” (John 15:1).

IS there another vine and vine dresser other than God that Madist proclaim ?

STP, can you truly say these teachings of Jesus are only for Israel and not the BOC ?

Danoh

"dodge... where Jesus and His words have been marginalized , His teachings replaced with Traditions of men, His gospel changed, His rightful worship given to a goddess named what it means to me, and His ministry of the Holy Spirit supplanted by a sinful man called Hodge the Podge...dodge."

:rotfl:

dodge

"dodge... where Jesus and His words have been marginalized , His teachings replaced with Traditions of men, His gospel changed, His rightful worship given to a goddess named what it means to me, and His ministry of the Holy Spirit supplanted by a sinful man called Hodge the Podge...dodge."

:rotfl:

NOPE, I am not a Roman Catholic ! Are you ?

I see you could not answer the questions of Jesus' 7 I AM's in the gospel of John so you made it a personal attack.

You are deceived , empty,Spiritless, and are following the wrong person i.e. Paul and NOT Jesus. Your loss NOT mine.

P.S. join the others with NO debating skills to state their belief, which of course is heresy to negate Jesus out of His own Gospel!

Ignore you go.

:eek:linger::

Last edited:

Danoh

StP, good song.

STP, please explain to me how you believe the 7 I Am's Jesus taught in the Gospel of John do not apply to the BOC and only apply to the lost sheep of Israel.

1...And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst” (John 6:35).

IS there another bread (food for our soul) that we need other than Jesus ?

2..“I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life” (John 8:12).

Do you know of another light other than Jesus ?

3.....“I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture” (John 10:9).

Do you know another way to be saved other than Jesus ?

4.....“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep” (John 10:11).

Is Paul NOT Jesus the shepherd of the Madist ?

5..“I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live” (John 11:25).

Is there another way to eternal life with God other than Jesus ?

6.....Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6).

Is there another way for ANYONE to go to the Father other than Jesus ?
IS there another truth other than Jesus for salvation ?
IS there another way to attain eternal life other than Jesus ?

7.....“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser” (John 15:1).

IS there another vine and vine dresser other than God that Madist proclaim ?

STP, can you truly say these teachings of Jesus are only for Israel and not the BOC ?

No one is denying most of the above.

Your problem is that you think that what you think Mads are asserting is what they are actually asserting.

And you really have to address each Mad on one issue or another.

Because just as you and the Mads might see eye to eye on some things but not on others, and just as you and other non Mads on here might see eye to eye on some things, but not on others, such is also the case with the various Mads on here.

We do not always see eye to eye on some things.

Those on here who are actually Mads.

Two of them do not appear to actually be Mads.

All those two ever do is parrot the most basic beginning Sunday school level of "understanding."

The overwhelming majority of the posts of said two being nothing but vile at anyone who does not agree with those Mads these two are ever brown nosing.

You're better off ignoring those two.

As for the rest, well, for you to "one size fits all" them is as ignorant as it would be for any Mads to right off conclude that you are unsaved just because you hold to status quo views.

That is as fair as this Mad...I...can be with you.

Danoh

NOPE, I am not a Roman Catholic ! Are you ?

I see you could not answer the questions of Jesus' 7 I AM's in the gospel of John so you made it a personal attack.

You are deceived , empty,Spiritless, and are following the wrong person i.e. Paul and NOT Jesus. Your loss NOT mine.

P.S. join the others with NO debating skills to state their belief, which of course is heresy to negate Jesus out of His own Gospel!

Ignore you go.

:eek:linger::

You know I have defended your right to your say so.

In the above I'm just bustin your chops - you are too serious :chuckle:

dodge

No, but the MUD (Mixed Up Doctrine) that you are stuck in!

2 Timothy 2:15 KJV is study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth (which is the gospel of your salvation)! How do you do that?

I see you NEVER addressed the 7 I AM'S of Jesus that proved His teachings ( some ) are for the BOC. Proving yet again that MAD is a lie and deception.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus, Paul, ALL the Apostles, and everyone in scripture who followed Jesus was baptized.
Paul was wrong about one baptism?

To be obedient to the command of Jesus who is our example.

To do as Paul and all the Apostles did ( baptized ) in obedience to Jesus.
How could Paul thank God that he baptized only a few and that Christ sent him not to baptize if we are commanded to be water baptized? Where does Paul command us to be water baptized? Why would Paul beseech us to walk worthy of the vocation wherewith we are called endevouring to keep the unity of the Spirit which includes only ONE baptism if water baptism was required of us?