ECT Words have meaning unless of course you have bit into the lie of MAD.

dodge

dodge is a very angry Bible student. His interpretations don't line up with what Jesus plainly says and it makes dodge get testy

I get neither angry nor mad , but if that makes you feel easy in your false doctrines then by all means ignore the context of scripture and stay in error.

dodge

I see you're still in "Attack Mode." If anybody around here is a FRAUD, it's you, my friend.

Here is a serious question for everyone ! Should those who the name of Jesus be calling others (that name the name of Jesus) names they cannot back up with scripture ?

What does the scripture teach those in Christ on how to behave towards others in the BOC even if they are babes in Christ, and we disagree with one another ? Are we through name calling to cause them to stumble , and is that scriptural ?

I fail more than I am proud of but aren't we supposed to LEARN from one another ?

We will disagree that is inevitable but aren't there guide lines for how those in Christ are supposed to respond and behave when witnessing for the Lord ?

While I point one finger at another I know 3 are pointing at me, but I do ask forgiveness and try !

Interplanner

:chuckle:

It's about the word of truth, the gospel of YOUR salvation.

That IS what the passage says.

2 Tim 2:14. ONe of the keys of interp is to find out 'what problem is he trying to solve?'

vs20-21 repeat the guidance. Don't waste time on things that have little value.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I asked earlier if the BOC group was part of God's kingdom, but evidently nobody knows.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nope ! That message from Jesus applies to all that name His name.

Got ya, ALL NATIONS only means Israel.

Mat 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

World only means Israel.

You don't see a problem changing what Jesus taught ?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Is repentance no longer necessary ?

I can give you scripture that says to "repent" and be "baptized".

Can you show me a scripture that says "baptism" and the partaking in the "Lord's supper" has been set aside or stopped ? Not your opinion or inferences show me in SCRIPTURE.

Jesus said to teach and baptize the NATIONS, and there is NO scripture that says " Baptism" has been stopped NONE.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That was pertaining to the lost sheep of the House of Israel, not the Gentiles, Lady.

Jesus sent His disciples into all of the world with all He had taught them Himself.

So your idea that Christs words only applied to the Jews, is a lie.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus sent His disciples into all of the world with all He had taught them Himself.

So your idea that Christs words only applied to the Jews, is a lie.

You have offended me and you have offended my ancestors. How dare you do this DEED? What possessed you to call old GM a blatant liar? I'm truly offended by such a notion. How disrespectful of you. You ought to BEG for my forgiveness, however, I won't hold my breath. Your inflammatory accusation has caused me much grief and sadness. After I read your disturbing post, I wept for a myriad of seconds and was unnecessarily inconsolable. I feel as if a huge part of my being has been "Ripped away!" I only hope you never have to feel such grievous emotional hardship. It's almost too much for a human being to bear. However, somehow, I will recuperate from this horrendous and devastational traumatic experience.

Interplanner

You have offended me and you have offended my ancestors. How dare you do this DEED? What possessed you to call old GM a blatant liar? I'm truly offended by such a notion. How disrespectful of you. You ought to BEG for my forgiveness, however, I won't hold my breath. Your inflammatory accusation has caused me much grief and sadness. After I read your disturbing post, I wept for a myriad of seconds and was unnecessarily inconsolable. I feel as if a huge part of my being has been "Ripped away!" I only hope you never have to feel such grievous emotional hardship. It's almost too much for a human being to bear. However, somehow, I will recuperate from this horrendous and devastational traumatic experience.

Just to be clear: are you GM saying #129 is this traumatic experience?

Interplanner

Indeed. You have a problem with that, fella?

Sure do. It is not one of the abusive things that have been done to Israel by any stretch. And the people hearing Christ command this were Jews. They were to fulfill the Abramic mission, actually the Gen 3 mission, of declaring the Gospel to all nations, ie, blessing them. That's why there is the string of questions in the middle of Rom 10, all directing Israel to be at work in God's mission, which is the urging of ch 11 as well.

I don't know what kind of corner you've put yourself in, but I'd start over.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Sure do. It is not one of the abusive things that have been done to Israel by any stretch. And the people hearing Christ command this were Jews. They were to fulfill the Abramic mission, actually the Gen 3 mission, of declaring the Gospel to all nations, ie, blessing them. That's why there is the string of questions in the middle of Rom 10, all directing Israel to be at work in God's mission, which is the urging of ch 11 as well.

I don't know what kind of corner you've put yourself in, but I'd start over.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
IP is one of those posters who actually has become irrelevant as well as annoying. I give him my permission to use this post in his next "riveting" Novel.