ECT Words have meaning unless of course you have bit into the lie of MAD.

marhig

No you do not. Saved folks get baptized as a public profession of their faith.

I don't want to study others work and study myself clear out of believing scripture. Thanks but I have and will continue to depend on the Holy Spirit for guidance.

what God used and blessed for over 400 years ,the KJV ,now should be discarded ?
I do trust some works like Matthew Henrys commentary.
What do you recommend to replace the KJV ? I do not trust the manuscripts that the new versions are translated from.
Too right! I read the KJV too, and i put my faith in God and we have the holy spirit for guidance.

People may not think the KJV is enough, but God has everything in there that needs to be there and it is a great translation, some of the newer ones aren't very good translations. I only read the KJV and the Peshitta translation, now and again and I go to God and pray for guidance.

We don't need to study everything else, and know everything, God has put it all in the Bible, everything that is for us. And the spirit will guide us to the truth and give us understanding.

We need to trust in the God, and go to him, the author of the book and he will show is exactly what he means and he will open our understanding. If we love him with our all and give him our heart, have complete faith in him and have love and forgiveness for others, then the father and Christ will make their abode with us and bring us the truth through the spirit.

The more we are willing to lay down our lives, deny ourselves and walk away from the world, the stronger we become in the spirit and God will bless us and we'll be at peace.

So you're right, the holy spirit will guide us, I wonder what some people here think, that those who preached in the Bible many years ago did before they had all the scriptures? They had God and God fed them with the word of God there and then as they needed it, straight to their heart. He said to Moses who gave you your mouth. God gives us the mouth to speak, ears to hear and eyes to see, he opens our understanding. And that's only if we believe, obey him and have complete faith that he can do it that is!

Last edited:

marhig

well,a couple a hundred times sometimes I find myself humbled in the presence of those who have read it a couple a thousand,poor me huh?
You don't need to read the book of revelation thousands of times to understand it, you need to read it with the spirit of God in your heart and he'll give you understanding

Last edited:

marhig

Problem is...everyone...asserts your above assertion.

As some sort of an ignorance is bliss as their magic formula.

By ignorance, I mean unaware, or lacking in information as to how a thing actually works.

Be that unintentional ignorance, or the willful ignorance of those who right off prove what really matters to them when...a thing is pointed out to them...and the first thing out of their mouth is all about how they...have been personally offended.

Fact of the matter as to this issue?

There WAS this...

John 14:25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The result of that WAS this...

Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. 10:17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; 10:18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

And the result of that WAS this...

Acts 4:1 And as they spake unto the people, the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees, came upon them, 4:2 Being grieved that they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead. 4:3 And they laid hands on them, and put them in hold unto the next day: for it was now eventide.

Acts 4:7 And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, By what power, or by what name, have ye done this?

Acts 4:8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,

Acts 4:9 If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole; 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. 4:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus. 4:14 And beholding the man which was healed standing with them, they could say nothing against it.

And WE know this because THERE IT IS in WRITTEN form FOR US to know OF.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

For even in light of the great supernatural things THEY had been privileged to have been FIRST HAND eyewitnesses of - one of THEM - Peter...pointed readers to the following, as his own days upon this Earth were coming to an end...

2 Peter 1:13 Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance; 1:14 Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me. 1:15 Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance. 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 1:18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The Scripture ITSELF is NOW our teacher.

Meaning HOW we study It determines what conclusions we each arrive at.

And just as all the above is a principle made obvious by The Scripture; it is just as obvious that Scripture Itself is based on principles It is not only following...but that the Spirit Who inspired All Scripture expects the so called "Bible Based" student of Scripture to come to...through...time in the Scripture...attempting there to find out from It...just what Its' principles...are...as to the proper discernment of the Words of God...

Or as the writer of Hebrews put it...

Hebrews 5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing. 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

I agree with much of that, except that God doesn't want to to just go to the scriptures for understanding. God wants us to go to him and he will give us the understanding according to his will.

The scripture itself isn't now our teacher, the holy spirit is, and without the spirit then the Bible is very hard to understand, you can study until the cows come home, but without the spirit and the understanding from God, you will still be in darkness, you will only have the milk and not the meat! The scriptures are amazing, but they are other people's light, God is still giving light to those who belong him and God has many ministering spirits to guide those who are the heirs of salvation to the truth.

So by faith comes hearing, and hearing by the word of God and the word of God comes through the holy spirit, firstly through a man of God and the scriptures and then once are born anew, directly to our hearts! That's how those who wrote the scriptures got it, and the spirit still speaks to Gods people today.

marhig

Now I see why LA has ONLY accrued "272" measly "THANKS." It should be, far less.
It's not how many thanks we get, it's the heart that counts and how God sees us. I'm sure Jesus would have got many thumbs down when he preached the truth. So much so they crucified him because they didn't like it.

People want a cosy gospel where they don't have to do anything and there's no cost to themselves, Jesus has done it all and they just sit back, live their lives how they like, church on Sunday and carry on sinning on Monday, and say we're saved. It's far from that I'm afraid. The gospel isn't just a hearing gospel but a doing gospel. And those who truly follow Jesus will be living by the will of God in spirit and in truth and not by the will of their flesh. This world will mean nothing to them and God will be the first thing in the hearts and minds and they will love him with their all.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus sent His disciples into all of the world with all He had taught them Himself.

So your idea that Christs words only applied to the Jews, is a lie.
Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

LA

You have offended me and you have offended my ancestors. How dare you do this DEED? What possessed you to call old GM a blatant liar? I'm truly offended by such a notion. How disrespectful of you. You ought to BEG for my forgiveness, however, I won't hold my breath. Your inflammatory accusation has caused me much grief and sadness. After I read your disturbing post, I wept for a myriad of seconds and was unnecessarily inconsolable. I feel as if a huge part of my being has been "Ripped away!" I only hope you never have to feel such grievous emotional hardship. It's almost too much for a human being to bear. However, somehow, I will recuperate from this horrendous and devastational traumatic experience.

Those who constantly offend others with no concern, are the most offended when the truth is spoken about them.

Now you have lied about what I had said, which is nothing new,

Compare--"What possessed you to call old GM a blatant liar?"

with what I said--'So your idea that Christs words only applied to the Jews, is a lie"

You can dish it out but you can not take it because you are a hypocrite.

If you can not stand the heat in the kitchen then get out.

Few would miss you, with your mocking of peoples posts.

LA

SaulToPaul 2

Those who constantly offend others with no concern, are the most offended when the truth is spoken about them.

with what I said--'So your idea that Christs words only applied to the Jews, is a lie"

LA

LA the great judge of all mankind has spoken on the matter.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

In 1 Corinthians 15:3 Paul said, "For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures."

Those who believe and accept his redemption from the penalty for sin become his people and accept Jesus as the Christ, the anointed Priest and King of Israel. They, in fact, become citizens of Israel, which is another name for God's kingdom.

Because flesh and blood cannot enter or see the kingdom their citizenship is reserved in heaven for them (1 Peter 1:4).

Paul explained that the Father has converted Israel into the kingdom of his Son (Colossians 1:13)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

LA

Your problem is, you for years now have pointed your "Six-Guns" at yours truly. You have never delivered a kind word nor have you ever been accused of being respectful of others. You appear to be a malcontent and an unhappy curmudgeon. The other thing about you is, you're constantly wrong about most everything you post. I don't know how you're able to pull that off? You must really, try very hard to accomplish that one?

Your worst crime is your lack of discernment when it comes to Wit, humor, and most of all, HYPEROBOLE. Google "Hyperbole" LA.

northwye

I wonder how many of those who post regularly here are members of churches and attend often? Do preachers allow church members to engage in the kind of individual bashing that goes on here in church or even in Sunday School? No, they do not allow it. If someone persisted in bashing an individual during a church sermon, the preacher probably would throw the offender out. And maybe he or she would go out and find a stop sign to quarrel with.

dodge

:chuckle:

I see the smiley but NO scriptures to support what you believe, and why is that !

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
Is repentance no longer necessary ?

I can give you scripture that says to "repent" and be "baptized".

Can you show me a scripture that says "baptism" and the partaking in the "Lord's supper" has been set aside or stopped ? Not your opinion or inferences show me in SCRIPTURE.

Jesus said to teach and baptize the NATIONS, and there is NO scripture that says "water Baptism" has been stopped or done away with NONE.

northwye

The word quarrel is used twice in the King James Version, in Mark 6: 19 and in Colossians 3: 13.

"Therefore Herodias had a quarrel against him, and would have killed him; but she could not." Mark 6: 19

Quarrel is from ενειχεν, enechó: to hold in or upon, i.e. to ensnare, by impl. to keep a grudge." No 1758.

Colossians 3: 13 requires more verses than that one verse to establish what Paul is talking about.

"Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10.And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: 11.Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
12. Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13. Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye."

Paul is talking about Christians who have all been born again here, and says of them that if any man has a quarrel against another, that as Christ forgave you, so you should forgive the one who is making a quarrel.

But after the falling way of II Thessalonians 2: 3-4, the leavening of the kingdom in Luke 13: 20-21,the departing from the faith in I Timothy 4: 1 and the rejection of sound doctrine of II Timothy 4: 3 the majority are in false doctrines and not born again, and only a minority have been born again. Maybe that majority not born again tend to be the quarrelers.

Quarrel in Colossians 3: 13 is from μομφην, momphé: blame, a complaint, fault, number 3437.

The Greek word εριδος, eris, in Romans 1: 29 can be translated as quarrel. The definition of Strong's number 2054 is contention, strife, literally quarrel, strife; properly, a readiness to quarrel, having a contentious spirit.

In Romans 1: 28-29 Paul lists several traits which he says are a result of having been given over to a reprobate mind by God, and eris is one of these.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I see the smiley but NO scriptures to support what you believe, and why is that !

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
Is repentance no longer necessary ?

I can give you scripture that says to "repent" and be "baptized".

Can you show me a scripture that says "baptism" and the partaking in the "Lord's supper" has been set aside or stopped ? Not your opinion or inferences show me in SCRIPTURE.

Jesus said to teach and baptize the NATIONS, and there is NO scripture that says "water Baptism" has been stopped or done away with NONE.

No one is obligated to answer your questions. If you have a problem with that:

A) Place me on ignore.
B) Report me to the Woodshed.
C) Don't post to me.
D) Mind your own business and pretend I'm not here.

The choice is yours to make.

dodge

No one is obligated to answer your questions. If you have a problem with that:

A) Place me on ignore.
B) Report me to the Woodshed.
C) Don't post to me.
D) Mind your own business and pretend I'm not here.

The choice is yours to make.

I like A the best !

heir

TOL Subscriber
The fact that Paul baptized some , and that NO Apostle EVER taught that baptism and the Lord's supper (done in remembrance of Him) was was ever done away with.

MAD is irrelevant !
The fact that Paul thanked God that he baptized only a few (1 Corinthians 1:14 KJV), that Paul was sent not to baptize (1 Corinthians 1:17 KJV) should be cause for pause (Mark 16:16 KJV) for you one pot mealists!