ECT Words have meaning unless of course you have bit into the lie of MAD.

Danoh

MADists refuse water baptism because they will not submit to the Lord along with all other Christians.

So self willed madists are.

Madism requires nothing of its members.

Luk 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Paul was not a Madist--

Act 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.
Act 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.
Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

LA

Lol, Lazy; you perhaps took the following...too...literally :chuckle:

Acts 26:24 And as he thus spake for himself, Festus said with a loud voice, Paul, thou art beside thyself; much learning doth make thee mad.

Acts 26:25 But he said, I am not mad, most noble Festus; but speak forth the words of truth and soberness.

northwye

John Wycliffe in his 1382 English translation of the Latin ecclesia used chirche. For example, Wycliffe says for Acts 6: 1, "But Saul was consentynge to his deth. And greet persecucioun was maad that dai in the chirche, that was in Jerusalem."

William Tyndale did not follow Wycliffe in using chirche, which would have been conistent with the Catholic meaning of Church, but instead used congregation for ekklesia consistently except for two verses in Acts wgere he used churche to mean a pagan place of worship. For example, Tyndale's translation for Acts 8: 1 says "Saul had pleasure in his deeth. And at yt tyme there was a great persecucion agaynst the congregacion which was at Ierusalem."

Theodore Beza in 1556 returned to the use of church to translate ekklesia - and the Geneva Bible followed him, using church instead of congregation.

Did the same thing happen with the translation of II Thessalonians 2: 7? Did Tyndale break wih the Roman Catholic translation of II Thessalonians and then Theodore Beza, the Calvinist, returned II Thessalonians 2: 7 to the older Catholic version?

Jerome's Latgin Vulgate for II Thessalonians 2: 7 says nam mysterium iam operatur iniquitatis tantum ut qui tenet nunc donec de medio fiat

See the Douay-Rheims for an English translation of the Latin: "For the mystery of iniquity already worketh; only that he who now holdeth, do hold, until he be taken out of the way. "

But Tyndale does not follow the Catholic version of II Thessalonians 2: 7 and instead writes, "For the mystery of that iniquity does he already work, which only locks until it be taken out of the way."

Here is Theodore Beza's Latin version (1557) of II Thessalonians 2: 7:
"Jam enim peragitur mysterium
impietatis hu^us ; tantum qui nunc
obstat, obstabit usquedum e medio
sublatus fuerit."

7 Now we have the mystery
impiety hu ^ us; only now
an obstacle, an obstacle until the middle

The Calvinist Theodore Beza's 1557 translation of II Thessalonians 2: 7 differs from the 1534 translation of Tyndale, and returns to the meqaning of the Catholic Vulgate version.

Jihn Wycliff New Testament for II Thessalonians 2: 3-7;

http://wesley.nnu.edu/fileadmin/imported_site/wycliffe/2th.txt

"No man disseyue you in ony manere. For but dissencioun come first, and the man of synne be schewid, the sonne of perdicioun,
4 that is aduersarie, and is enhaunsid ouer `al thing that is seid God, or that is worschipid, so that he sitte in the temple of God, and schewe hym silf as if he were God.
5 Whether ye holden not, that yit whanne Y was at you, Y seide these thingis to you?
6 And now what withholdith, ye witen, that he be schewid in his tyme.
7 For the priuete of wickidnesse worchith now; oneli that he that holdith now, holde, til he be do awe."

I have not been able to find out what the word priuete means in verse 7. I am not sure that Wycliffe is following Jerome's version of II Thessalonians 2: 7.

But it looks like the Catholic version of II Thessalonians 2: 7 makes it easier to arrive at the dispensationalist teaching that the man of sin, as literally one individual, is held back by a restrainer, the Church of the Holy Spirit, until the time of the tribulation, when the dispensationalist scenario will begin and the one man anti-Christ sits in a literal rebuilt temple in Jerusalem.

Danoh

Follow his recurrent patterns, northwye.

In this case, his use of the letter "u" in certain cases in other words used by him there.

Case in point - verse 4's "aduersarie."

Which is "adversary" with a "u."

Thus, his word "priuete" is the word "private" or secret, or mystery.

This is why this MAD...I...hold to MAD...to begin with - as a result of this principle - of my studying of things according to recurrent patterns that...together...paint a picture of what...is what.

sirayuk

You just LOVE to take shots at certain MADs, don't ya? It's as if you can't control yourself. Have you NO self-control over what you say? Some people have NO filter between their mind and their mouth. You're one of those people.
Who are u be passing judgment and condemning, u need to behave, our God don't teach us to rude,

Sent from my GT-S7262 using Tapatalk

dodge

Paul himself said he wasn't sent to "Water baptize" but, to preach the Gospel. So, of course, you're wrong again.

1Co 1:14
I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;

1Co 1:15
Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.

The reason Paul was thanking God for not being sent to baptize is VS. 15.

You do know Paul was water baptized right ?

Jesus was baptized.

ALL in scripture that were saved were water baptized.

dodge

Many of Jesus' teachings and commands are for the house of Israel and many are for all of us. YOU need to determine what is what by rightly dividing !!!
Don't be Dense dodge -

Hello PJ, I have been told by several Madist that the 4 Gospels are not for the body of Christ.

please explain to me how you believe the 7 I Am's Jesus taught in the Gospel of John do not apply to the BOC and only apply to the lost sheep of Israel.

1.....And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst” (John 6:35).

IS there another bread (food for our soul) that we need other than Jesus ?

2......“I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life” (John 8:12).

Do you know of another light other than Jesus ?

3.....“I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture” (John 10:9).

Do you know another way to be saved other than Jesus ?

4..... “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep” (John 10:11)

Is Paul NOT Jesus the shepherd of the Madist ?
Did Jesus only give His life for the lost sheep of Israel ?

5.....“I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live” (John 11:25).

Is there another way to eternal life with God other than Jesus ?

6.....Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6).

Is there another way for ANYONE to go to the Father other than Jesus ?
IS there another truth other than Jesus for salvation ?
IS there another way to attain eternal life other than Jesus ?

7.....“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser” (John 15:1).

IS there another vine and vine dresser other than God that Madist proclaim ?

PJ, can you truly say these teachings of Jesus are only for Israel and not the BOC ?

Please don't go on what others have told you read the posted scriptures , pray, and ask God for wisdom and truth.

Be safe

DAN P

1Co 1:14
I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;

1Co 1:15
Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.

The reason Paul was thanking God for nor=t being sent to baptize is VS. 15.

You do know Paul was water baptized right ?

Jesus was baptized.

ALL in scripture that were saved were water baptized.

Hi and the OP is very misleading when you say that words do have meaning !!

In Matt 28:19 you can not explain what NATIONS / ETHNos or what Rom 6:3 BAPTIZO means in that verse and how we are Baptized into Jesus death and the have the GALL to use Pauline truth to prove and OT practice !!

dan p

dodge

Hi and the OP is very misleading when you say that words do have meaning !!

In Matt 28:19 you can not explain what NATIONS / ETHNos or what Rom 6:3 BAPTIZO means in that verse and how we are Baptized into Jesus death and the have the GALL to use Pauline truth to prove and OT practice !!

dan p

Dan P, Take a deep breath , and say a prayer.

Baptizo in every thing I have studied ALL agree that Baptizo means immersion in water.

Jesus taught to be baptized in water.

Jesus was baptized in water

Paul was baptized in water.

Everyone in scripture that was saved was baptized in water.

See a pattern here ?

The One Lord , One faith, and One baptism meant ONE baptism in the Spirit of God it did NOT mean that water baptism was done away with.

You have bought into a lie and that is truly sad.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hello PJ, I have been told by several Madist that the 4 Gospels are not for the body of Christ.

please explain to me how you believe the 7 I Am's Jesus taught in the Gospel of John do not apply to the BOC and only apply to the lost sheep of Israel.

1.....And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst” (John 6:35).

IS there another bread (food for our soul) that we need other than Jesus ?

2......“I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life” (John 8:12).

Do you know of another light other than Jesus ?

3.....“I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture” (John 10:9).

Do you know another way to be saved other than Jesus ?

4..... “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep” (John 10:11)

Is Paul NOT Jesus the shepherd of the Madist ?
Did Jesus only give His life for the lost sheep of Israel ?

5.....“I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live” (John 11:25).

Is there another way to eternal life with God other than Jesus ?

6.....Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6).

Is there another way for ANYONE to go to the Father other than Jesus ?
IS there another truth other than Jesus for salvation ?
IS there another way to attain eternal life other than Jesus ?

7.....“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser” (John 15:1).

IS there another vine and vine dresser other than God that Madist proclaim ?

PJ, can you truly say these teachings of Jesus are only for Israel and not the BOC ?

Please don't go on what others have told you read the posted scriptures , pray, and ask God for wisdom and truth.

Be safe

All of the "I AM"s are for everybody !!!

Right Divider

Body part
Good job. Do NOT let anybody steal that from you.

Have a blessed night.
I'll keep trying to help you.... PJ is a little off there....

God does NOT always give EVERYONE the same instructions to fulfill His purposes. Israel has a special place in God's plans for the earth.

God calls ISRAEL His sheep...

Not ONCE does Paul in his ministry refer to the BoC as sheep or to Jesus as OUR Shepherd.

It's really simple if you'll let the BIBLE be true.

P.S. It appears that you hate Paul and his ministry that God gave him.

dodge

I'll keep trying to help you.... PJ is a little off there....

God does NOT always give EVERYONE the same instructions to fulfill His purposes. Israel has a special place in God's plans for the earth.

God calls ISRAEL His sheep...

Not ONCE does Paul in his ministry refer to the BoC as sheep or to Jesus as OUR Shepherd.

It's really simple if you'll let the BIBLE be true.

P.S. It appears that you hate Paul and his ministry that God gave him.

I do not hate Paul but UN-like you I do NOT worship Paul. I follow and worship the same one Paul followed and worshiped i.e. Jesus,

dodge

Wrong again Wrong Divider.

Paul said the following:

(Rom 8:36) As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”

Do you think he can even see what you posted I mean in the spiritual sense ?

Right Divider

Body part
Wrong again Wrong Divider.

Paul said the following:

(Rom 8:36) As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
Yah, you ONE verse wonder.... READ IT ALL!!!!

Rom 8:36-37 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:36) As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. (8:37) Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Paul quotes this to show that the BoC are NOT sheep, but CONQUERORS!

This is completely typical of YOUR ignorance. Good example and thanks.

P.S. Probably also a good example of you "Bible search theologians".