ECT Why shouldn't I convert from Evangelical Protestant to Catholic?

Cruciform

Christian means Jesus' follower.
To have the real Christ, one must be a follower of Christ's teachings---including those of the Trinity and Incarnation. By rejecting these two central Christian doctrines, you reveal that you do not have the real Christ, and are therefore not a "Christian."

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

meshak

BANNED
Banned
To have the real Christ, one must be a follower of Christ's teachings

that's right. That's what I have been saying.

But what you are doing wrong is you add your own doctrines which Jesus did not teach.

that is very, very wrong, friend. You need respect Jesus' word.

Jesus is the Lord, friend, not your organizational doctrines.

Cruciform

that's right. That's what I have been saying. But what you are doing wrong is you add your own doctrines which Jesus did not teach.
For example...? (Please name one.)

Jesus is the Lord, friend, not your personal interpretations of the Bible.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How---in your opinion---are regeneration and purgatory related?

My point was that her odd view could be better stated along the lines of "no born again person ends up in Hell, only purgatory". I was actually trying to help her out of the corner she has painted herself into by tossing her a nice Romanist out for her dilemma.

No good deed, sigh.

AMR

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
My point was that her odd view could be better stated along the lines of "no born again person ends up in Hell, only purgatory". I was actually trying to help her out of the corner she has painted herself into by tossing her a nice Romanist out for her dilemma.

No good deed, sigh.

AMR

thanks for clearing that up

republicanchick

that's right. That's what I have been saying.

But what you are doing wrong is you add your own doctrines which Jesus did not teach.

that is very, very wrong, friend. You need respect Jesus' word.

Jesus established a Church, and anyone who knows history knows that Church is the Roman Catholic Church, as it was the only Christian institution until the 16th century when Luther made his perfidious break and chaos ensued

You can say Christ's Church invented wrong doctrines all you want. But that does not make one lick of sense, as Jesus PROMISED to protect his Church from ALL evil ("the gates of Hell")

"I will build My Church and the gates of Hell WILL NOT prevail against it [come Hell or high water or Martin Luther or Joel Olsteen or jim Jones or Meshak]

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 16:18King James Version (KJV)

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

You are reading this out of context.

Jesus also said two or three gather in His name, He will be there.

When you look at your organization, it is not what Jesus taught to be like.

Your church treat your popes like God. Jesus says His followers are equally brothers and sisters.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Dear RichRock...

Whatever best mediates your yearning for and your sense of what the sacred is--what God is all about for you--should be followed.

Just be aware that you will have human leaders in authority who will give you their own belief system.

But that's the only way as far as I am concerned. But I would emphasize that you become an inveterate student of theology and history-based interpretation.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You are reading this out of context.

Jesus also said two or three gather in His name, He will be there.

When you look at your organization, it is not what Jesus taught to be like.

Your church treat your popes like God. Jesus says His followers are equally brothers and sisters.

are you saying He didn't build His church?