ECT Why shouldn't I convert from Evangelical Protestant to Catholic?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You need to spread Jesus to the world so they can join in God's kingdom in second life.

How you gonna do that, when you only trust in the books of Matthew
and Mark and reject the rest of the Bible, like you do? You have
stated that the Apostle Paul is an anti-Christ. And, you actually
believe you're spreading the "true" Gospel? I don't think so!!

Old man

The anti-intellectual preconceived sectarian biased anti-Catholic rhetoric I have encountered in just the first couple of hours of this thread intetests me.
I used to think the same, but as I investigated further I discovered I was beleiving someone else's rhetoric and not actual facts. During my research the truth began to shine through.
I was just wondering if anyone had a reasonable argument why I shouldn't join the Catholic Church, but I haven't discovered one based on fact yet.

I really don't see that much different between Catholics and Protestants when you consider their major doctrines such as Sunday observance, Easter and Christmass, all are days which the RCC made up. Way back in the fourth century Constantine enacted the Sunday law.

As Pope John the 2nd said, "The Catholic Church is the Mother of all Protestant Denominations".

So no big deal, whatever lights your candle, go for it.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I really don't see that much different between Catholics and Protestants when you consider their major doctrines such as Sunday observance, Easter and Christmass, all are days which the RCC made up. Way back in the fourth century Constantine enacted the Sunday law.

As Pope John the 2nd said, "The Catholic Church is the Mother of all Protestant Denominations".

So no big deal, whatever lights your candle, go for it.

right on:)

this is insightful comment.

Cruciform

I really don't see that much different between Catholics and Protestants when you consider their major doctrines such as Sunday observance, Easter and Christmass, all are days which the RCC made up.
In fact, the apostles and their ordained successors believed and taught them. Sorry for your confusion.

Way back in the fourth century Constantine enacted the Sunday law.
On the contrary. Christians met for worship on Sunday long before Constantine.

In light of your above comments, see this. God bless.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

everready

The anti-intellectual preconceived sectarian biased anti-Catholic rhetoric I have encountered in just the first couple of hours of this thread intetests me.
I used to think the same, but as I investigated further I discovered I was beleiving someone else's rhetoric and not actual facts. During my research the truth began to shine through.
I was just wondering if anyone had a reasonable argument why I shouldn't join the Catholic Church, but I haven't discovered one based on fact yet.

If your name is written in the book of life you'll make the right decision.

everready

lifeisgood

What does this have to do with what I said?

You said that you are not trin.
I said you do not believe Father, Son, Paraclete?
You said, Father, Son.

I asked where does that leave the Paraclete that Jesus Himself said He was going to send?

You asked: What does this have to do with what I said? not providing an answer.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You said that you are not trin.
I said you do not believe Father, Son, Paraclete?
You said, Father, Son.

I asked where does that leave the Paraclete that Jesus Himself said He was going to send?

You asked: What does this have to do with what I said? not providing an answer.

Jesus is Father's first hand faithful and sinless Servant. He is second in command.

Jesus was sent us to be God's people's Lord and Savior by His Father.

Take it or leave it. I don't add unnecessary doctrine.

God's Truth

Jesus is Father's first hand faithful and sinless Servant. He is second in command.

Jesus was sent us to be God's people's Lord and Savior by His Father.

Take it or leave it. I don't add unnecessary doctrine.

The Bible says to honor the Son as they honor the Father.

John 5:23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father

Old man

In fact, the apostles and their ordained successors believed and taught them. Sorry for your confusion.

On the contrary. Christians met for worship on Sunday long before Constantine.

In light of your above comments, see
this. God bless.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

And pagans met on the first day of the week (Sunday) in honor of their SUNgod long before the supposedly newly converted Roman and Greek early fathers of the RCC began meeting on Sunday.

You speak according to the early writings of the Didache in which one of the writers wrote of keeping the "eight day", that is not from the Biblical Scriptures, seven days only. The Roman Church adopted in place of the Biblical seventh Day the SUNsday. There is no record of "weekly" first day observances in the Biblical Scriptures, just as it is with easter and Xmass, all nothing but days of pagan origin adopted and "Christianized" by the early organized RCC.

If it is not of Holy Scripture it is an added tradition of men, Sunday, the SUNsday, easter, (timed according to the annual equinox) the pagan's queen of heaven and Dec. 25 (timed according to the winter solstice) the annual rebirth of the sungod.

ALL of pagan origin taken by the RCC and declared to be holy observances.

Even one of your own said (father Enright I think), the RCC has taken the solemnity of the Biblical Sabbath and transferred it to Sunday. Not because of Scripture but by the power of the RCC. If the Protestants were to live by the Bible and the Bible only as they claim to be then they would be observing the 7th Day Sabbath but by keeping Sunday they bow to the power of the Catholic Church.

So as I said before, makes no difference, Catholic or Protestant.