ECT Why shouldn't I convert from Evangelical Protestant to Catholic?

God's Truth

What does God say?

That is easy.

God says to believe and repent.

God says not to bow to the works of your hands, and to be careful not to have for ourselves idols.

God says not to call each other 'father', and that we are brothers.

God says that Jesus is the intercessor.

These things we have to obey, along with all the many other things.

God's Truth

Tell me, how do Catholics obey this:

Matthew 23:9 And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

Matthew 23:8 "But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers.

Catholics call their brothers 'father', and their 'fathers' call each other 'father'.

I will tell you how I obey Jesus: I do not call my brothers in Christ 'father'.

Your turn.

Now, tell me how Catholics obey this when it comes to infants:

Mark 1:15
"The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!"

Catholics baptize infants who cannot repent and believe.

I will tell you how I obey Jesus: I got baptized when I could repent and believe.

Your turn.

Tell me how do Catholics obey this:

Acts 10:25 As Peter entered the house, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet in reverence.

Acts 10:26 But Peter made him get up. "Stand up," he said, "I am only a man myself."

Catholics bow to their pope.

I do not bow to any other Christian.

Your turn.

How do Catholics obey this:

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

Catholics pray to Mary and their other "saints".

I pray only to Jesus.

Your turn.

How do Catholics obey this:

Leviticus 26:1 "'You must not make for yourselves idols, so you must not set up for yourselves a carved image or a pillar, and you must not place a sculpted stone in your land to bow down before it, for I am the LORD your God.

Catholic bow to their statues.

I do not bow to any statue.

Your turn.

God's Truth

GT has already been thoroughly answered on every single one of these points. So, why is she still mindlessly asking questions that have already been clearly and publically answered? :think:

You have not answered. The most you have done is give excuses as to why you don't obey God.

Cruciform

You have not answered. The most you have done is give excuses as to why you don't obey God.
Here, in want of an actual argument against the Catholic faith, GT simply lapses into straightforward lying (Prov. 19:5). Every single one of the biblical verses that she has proof-texted here has been directly answered by Catholics above---simply review the thread. On this point, GT's own words have condemned her. So much for any credibility she might have had on this forum.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Last edited:

God's Truth

Here, in want of an actual argument against the Catholic faith, GT simply lapses into straightforward lying (Prov. 19:5). Every single one of the biblical verses that she has proof-texted here has been directly answered by Catholics above---simply review the thread. On this point, GT's own words have condemned her. So much for any credibility she might have had on this forum.

I am blessed.

Matthew 5:11 "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
GT has already been thoroughly answered on every single one of these points. So, why is she still mindlessly asking questions that have already been clearly and publically answered? :think:

I've wondered that myself. Maybe she should read post #1266 slowly and try to digest it.

May I offer a multiple choice question?

Why does GT continue to ask the same questions over and over again, even though already covered in the thread? Is it because:

A.) She is intellectually challenged?
B.) She is ignorant?
C.) She hates Catholics in general?
D.) She isn't Christian?
E.) She has short term memory loss?
F.) She drinks too much?
G.) All of the above?

Personally, I'd answer G.), but I may have overlooked a couple of things lol.

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
They are not different and distinct, as you teach.

You make a three-headed god.

As discussed before, your individual interpretation of the Trinity is different from the other 2 billion Christians. Maybe they should all listen to you, seeing as they are ALL in error and YOU are correct? :kookoo:

JosephR

As discussed before, your individual interpretation of the Trinity is different from the other 2 billion Christians. Maybe they should all listen to you, seeing as they are ALL in error and YOU are correct? :kookoo:

Is rice good because a billion Chinese people like it? :)

Posted from the TOL App!

JosephR

No, a billion Chinese people like it because IT IS good. :)

Lol I see, but majority logic can be bad, and do not forget it is written the whole world be deceived if not for the elects sake, a big clue to me most of the world is deceived .

Posted from the TOL App!

God's Truth

Looks like JosephR explained it quite well to you.

God's Truth

I've wondered that myself. Maybe she should read post #1266 slowly and try to digest it.

May I offer a multiple choice question?

Why does GT continue to ask the same questions over and over again, even though already covered in the thread? Is it because:

A.) She is intellectually challenged?
B.) She is ignorant?
C.) She hates Catholics in general?
D.) She isn't Christian?
E.) She has short term memory loss?
F.) She drinks too much?
G.) All of the above?

Personally, I'd answer G.), but I may have overlooked a couple of things lol.

Just answer right here. It is a simple question.

How do you obey Jesus by calling no man 'father'?

I will tell you right here and now how I obey Jesus by not calling no man 'father'.

I do not call my brothers in Christ 'father'.

Your turn.