ECT Why shouldn't I convert from Evangelical Protestant to Catholic?

God's Truth

...declares the self-styled non-Christian who pridefully rejects the Christian God.

Read what Jesus says, and do what he says. It is not that hard.

What makes it hard is when men without understanding teach things that should not be taught.

Don't be confused.

Read what Jesus says. Do what he says. Then you will understand.

Jesus does not say that if you believe in the Catholic religion he will save you.

Jesus does not say that if you do what the Catholic religion says you will be saved.

Jesus says to get his teachings and obey them, then you will be saved.

Would you like scripture?

Christian Liberty

You shouldn't convert to Catholicism because Catholicism has no answer for Romans 4:5.

The Bible says that one is saved through doing no work, but believing.

Catholicism teaches that one must work in order to be saved, namely, he must be baptized.

Let them all be anathema (Galatians 1:8-9.)

RichRock

BANNED
Banned

Cruciform

You shouldn't convert to Catholicism because Catholicism has no answer for Romans 4:5.
Merely a Straw Man Fallacy on your part. The Catholic Church was interpreting, teaching, and providing the answer to Rom. 4:5 for a millennium-and-a-half before a single Protestant ever managed to stumble onto the scene. The Christian Church didn't begin with Billy Graham, after all.

The Bible says that one is saved through doing no work...
Yes, by doing no "work of the law," that is, the Mosaic Law (Hebrew Law Code). That's what the term "work" means in the context of Paul's theology. Thus, merely being a good Jew will not save you.

Catholicism teaches that one must work in order to be saved, namely, he must be baptized.
Baptismal regeneration was believed and taught by Christ, the apostles, and the early Church, as was the role of good works (though not of the works of the law) in salvation.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Christian Liberty

I skimmed the article, but the problem with the article is that it argues against a strawman. In saying that justification is by faith alone, we are not saying that saving faith fails to work itself out in love. We are saying that there are no CONDITIONS for man to be reconciled to God, but we are not denying that there are essential fruits of being reconciled to God.

Your concluding comment says much about you.

All I did was quote scripture. I say it out of love, its a warning. Turn away from the errors of the Catholic Church before it be too late.

BTW: the Catholic Church anathemized people who believe what I believe as well. How is this any worse than what I said about you?

Christian Liberty

The Christian Church didn't begin with Billy Graham, after all.

I'll respond to the rest later, since I have to leave soon, but I don't even believe Billy Graham is a Christian. With that being said, to act like I think Christianity started with him is a profound ignorance of what I believe.

Cruciform

I'll respond to the rest later, since I have to leave soon, but I don't even believe Billy Graham is a Christian. With that being said, to act like I think Christianity started with him is a profound ignorance of what I believe.
I'm responding to your own posted statements regarding "what you believe." In any case, the point was that the Christian Church has been around and teaching for a vastly longer time than your favored man-made non-Catholic denomination/sect has even existed.

I look forward to considering your reply to the rest of my post.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Last edited:

lifeisgood

Religion saves no one! Religion crucified our Lord Jesus Christ!

I have stated many times here and in other places: In Heaven there will be NOT one Roman Catholic, NOT one Lutheran, NOT one Methodist, NOT one Pentecostal, NOT one Evangelical, etc., etc., ad infinitum.

In Heaven there will ONLY be those who are in Him. Being in Him is obtained through Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary.

Make sure you are in Him (Rom. 10:9-10).

God's Truth

Religion saves no one! Religion crucified our Lord Jesus Christ!

I have stated many times here and in other places: In Heaven there will be NOT one Roman Catholic, NOT one Lutheran, NOT one Methodist, NOT one Pentecostal, NOT one Evangelical, etc., etc., ad infinitum.

In Heaven there will ONLY be those who are in Him. Being in Him is obtained through Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary.

Make sure you are in Him (Rom. 10:9-10).

Don't you follow the way of Lutheran?

What he teaches is not scripture.

HisServant

Now go ahead and cite the biblical text which states that Jesus was crucified by "religion."

Its all over... the Jewish leaders were afraid of his challenge to their religious power.. so they conspired with the Romans to have Jesus crucified.

Pretty much the same thing your Popes have done for centuries... have the kings and queens of Europe do its executions for them.

God's Truth

I skimmed the article, but the problem with the article is that it argues against a strawman. In saying that justification is by faith alone, we are not saying that saving faith fails to work itself out in love. We are saying that there are no CONDITIONS for man to be reconciled to God, but we are not denying that there are essential fruits of being reconciled to God.

All I did was quote scripture. I say it out of love, its a warning. Turn away from the errors of the Catholic Church before it be too late.

BTW: the Catholic Church anathemized people who believe what I believe as well. How is this any worse than what I said about you?

A Catholic and a Calvinist arguing. What a waste. Two kinds of lost souls denying the Truth.

Cruciform

Its all over... the Jewish leaders were afraid of his challenge to their religious power.. so they conspired with the Romans to have Jesus crucified.Pretty much the same thing your Popes have done for centuries... have the kings and queens of Europe do its executions for them.
You have failed to provide the requested biblical citation. In any case, the post was not directed to you in the first place.