ECT Why shouldn't I convert from Evangelical Protestant to Catholic?

God's Truth

No kidding, he believes Jesus personally spoke to him and called him away from all churches and denominations?? Joesph Smith tried the same scam lol.

You are bearing false witness against me.

Joseph Smith led others to another gospel.

The Catholics led people to the pope and the catechism.

I am trying to led you to the Truth.

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
Rich...blah blah...maybe you will be granted repentance unto the truth.

Biblish gobblespeak.
I am taking a hard line with you because you are saying Jesus told you the Catholic Church is apostate.
Fantastic claims demand fantastic evidence. You have none to give.

God's Truth

Biblish gobblespeak.
I am taking a hard line with you because you are saying Jesus told you the Catholic Church is apostate.

Just as you changed my words, you believe in those who exchange God's truth for lies.

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
Just as you changed my words, you believe in those who exchange God's truth for lies.

You cornered yourself by stating Jesus revealed things to you, such as the Catholic Church is apostate. You stated you knew 'God's truth'.

You are a very misled individual, or a troll.

God's Truth

You cornered yourself by stating Jesus revealed things to you, such as the Catholic Church is apostate. You stated you knew 'God's truth'.

You are a very misled individual, or a troll.

You are resorting to the only way Satan has left you to defend his false doctrines, and that is with lies and personal attacks.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Biblish gobblespeak.

Hey God's Truth, there's you new screename: Biblish gobblespeak

It much more apropos.

God's Truth

Prayers for the dead and sign of the cross, approximately began in 310 AD.

Veneration to angels and dead "Saints", approx. 375.

The worship of Mary, and giving her the title "Mother of God", approx. 431.

The title of pope or universal bishop, was first given to the bishop of Rome by the emperor Phocas, 610 AD.

The kissing of the Pope's feet, 709 AD.

Worship of the cross, images and relics, 788.

Priests begin to dress elaborately, 500 AD.

The doctrine of purgatory, 593.

A chosen language for use, even though it would be an unknown language to a parishioner...the Latin language was chosen as the language of prayer and worship in churches, 600 AD.

God's Truth

Holy Water, water mixed with a pinch of salt and blessed by the priest, 850 AD.

Canonization of dead saints, 795 AD.

Fasting on Fridays and during Lent, 998 AD.

The Mass was developed gradually as a sacrifice; attendance made obligatory in the 11th century.

The celibacy of the priesthood was decreed by Pope Hildebrand, Boniface VII, 1079 AD.

God's Truth

The Rosary, or prayer beads was introduced by Peter the Hermit, in the year 1090. Copied from Hindus and Mohammedans.

The Inquisition of heretics was instituted by the Council of Verona in the year 1184. Jesus never taught the use of force to spread His religion.

The sale of Indulgences, commonly regarded as a purchase of forgiveness and a permit to indulge in sin, 1190 AD.

The dogma of Transubstantiation was decreed upon by Pope Innocent III, in the year 1215.
The priests from all over the world pretends to perform daily a miracle by changing the wafers into the body of Christ, and then he pretends to eat Him alive. The Lord's Supper is remembrance of the sacrifice of Christ. The spiritual presence of Christ is implied in the Lord's Supper. See Luke 22:19-20; John 6:35; 1st Corinthians 11:26.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Prayers for the dead and sign of the cross, approximately began in 310 AD.

Veneration to angels and dead "Saints", approx. 375.

The worship of Mary, and giving her the title "Mother of God", approx. 431.

The title of pope or universal bishop, was first given to the bishop of Rome by the emperor Phocas, 610 AD.

Worship of the cross, images and relics, 788.

Priests begin to dress elaborately, 500 AD.

The doctrine of purgatory, 593.

A chosen language for use, even though it would be an unknown language to a parishioner...the Latin language was chosen as the language of prayer and worship in churches, 600 AD.

Worship of the cross, images and relics, 788 AD.

Holy Water, water mixed with a pinch of salt and blessed by the priest, 850 AD.

Canonization of dead saints, 795 AD.

Fasting on Fridays and during Lent, 998 AD.

The Mass was developed gradually as a sacrifice; attendance made obligatory in the 11th century.

The celibacy of the priesthood was decreed by Pope Hildebrand, Boniface VII, 1079 AD.

Here is comes folks, God's Truth is having a mental breakdown. Like a man sinking in the ocean he is flailing wildy, hoping for something to grab onto.

This sort of mudslinging is the last gasp of a man who cannot win a debate.

Each one of those things has been dealt with and supported Biblically, except for the ones that are lies. You have a nice mix there of actual practices which are Biblical, and false allegations which are lies. Its just so you.

EDIT: Oh, I just saw this one: Fasting on Fridays. LOL!! So I guess fasting is un-Biblical now. What a shlemiel.

Give it up God's Truth. Its time for you to to man-up and say, "You sunk my Battleship!"

2a5f28cdd8db95843ad0eef17e8a90b8.jpg

God's Truth

Confession of sin to the priest at least once a year was instituted by Pope Innocent III., in the Lateran Council, 1215 AD.

The adoration of the wafer (Host), was decreed by Pope Honorius, 1220 AD.

The Bible forbidden to laymen and placed in the Index of forbidden books by the Council of Valencia, 1229 AD.

The Scapular was invented by Simon Stock, and English monk, 1287 AD.

The Ave Maria, 1508 AD. The Hail Mary (sometimes called the "Angelical salutation", sometimes, from the first words in its Latin form, the "Ave Maria") is the most familiar of all the prayers used by the Universal Church in honour of our Blessed Lady.

It is commonly described as consisting of three parts. http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07110b.htm

The Council of Trent, held in the year 1545, declared that Tradition is of equal authority with the Bible.

The apocryphal books were added to the Bible also by the Council of Trent, 1546 AD,

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
God's truth, I thought your justification would have been better than that. I won't put you on ignore seeing as at least you tried.
10/10 for effort
0/10 for ability.

God's Truth

The Creed of Pope Pius IV was imposed as the official creed 1560 years after Christ and the apostles.

The Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary was proclaimed by Pope Pius IX, 1834 AD.

In the year 1870 after Christ, Pope Pius IX proclaimed the dogma of Papal Infallibility.

In the year 1950 the last dogma was proclaimed by Pope Pius XII, the Assumption of the Virgin Mary.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
The Creed of Pope Pius IV was imposed as the official creed 1560 years after Christ and the apostles.

The Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary was proclaimed by Pope Pius IX, 1834 AD.

In the year 1870 after Christ, Pope Pius IX proclaimed the dogma of Papal Infallibility.

In the year 1950 the last dogma was proclaimed by Pope Pius XII, the Assumption of the Virgin Mary

So what. Those things are all true and of God.

You are all lies and not of God.

I challenge you to take one item off your stupid list and actually prove it wrong.

God's Truth

We have to watch our lives and our doctrines closely.

1 Timothy 4:6 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

2 Timothy 2:17 Their teaching will spread like gangrene.

1 John 4:1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

Acts 20:29 I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock.

And Peter warns us---

2 Peter 2:1-3 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

God's Truth

So what. Those things are all true and of God.

You are all lies and not of God.

I challenge you to take one item off your stupid list and actually prove it wrong.

I have already done so, but you cannot see it.

Here is more of God's Truth...

Here is a scripture that exposes the Catholic Religion.

Matthew 23:9 And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

Catholics have a Pope. Pope means 'father'. The Catholics even call their Pope 'Holy Father'. 'Holy Father' is a name reserved for God. Not only do the Catholic parishioners call the Pope and priests ‘father,’ the Pope and priests call each other 'father'. Jesus said not to call any one on earth 'father' and that they are all brothers. There are many other false doctrines in the Catholic religion, but starting from the top of their religion--- the Pope, that should be enough to stop there with that religion.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Well RichRock, I am bowing out of the thread. People like God's Truth get on my nerves. I like having an honest debate with thoughtful people who believe differently than me, that can be fun, but God's Truth is neither honest nor thoughtful. He's nothing but a narrow-minded anti-Catholic bigot who wouldn't know a Bible from his mom's cookbook.

Like I said, PM me any time. Oooh, I almost forgot, a little gift for you:
A veritable treasure chest of free Catholic mp3's: http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/audio.htm

Enjoy!

Here is a scripture that exposes the Catholic Religion.

Matthew 23:9 And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

LOL!. I already slammed you down on that subject here: http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93469

I guess you forgot.

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
The Bible forbidden to laymen and placed in the Index of forbidden books by the Council of Valencia, 1229 AD.

You see, I picked this one randomly out of your list and surprise surprise is shown to be a lie. You are meant to research! The rest of the list quite frankly probably contains the same level of your unresearched bias and rhetoric....

Here's your 1229ad explained:

The first thing to note is that the Index of Forbidden Books was established in 1559, so a council held in 1229 could hardly have listed a book on it.*The second point is that there apparently has never been any Church council in Valencia, Spain. If there had been one, it could not have taken place in 1229 because Muslim Moors then controlled the city. It is inconceivable that Muslims, who were at war with Spanish Christians, and had been off and on for five centuries, would allow Catholic bishops to hold a council in one of their cities. The Christian armies did not liberate Valencia from Moorish rule until nine years later, 1238. So Valencia is out.*But there is another possibility, and that is Toulouse, France, where a council was held in 1229. And, yes, that council dealt with the Bible. It was organized in reaction to the Albigensian or Catharist heresy, which held that there are two gods and that marriage is evil because all matter (and thus physical flesh) is evil. From this the heretics concluded that fornication could be no sin, and they even encouraged suicide among their members. In order to promulgate their sect, the Albigensians published an inaccurate translation of the Bible in the vernacular language (rather like the Jehovah’s Witnesses of today publishing their severely flawed New World Translation of the Bible, which has been deliberately mistranslated to support the sect’s claims). Had it been an accurate translation, the Church would not have been concerned. Vernacular versions had been appearing for centuries. But what came from the hands of the Albigensians was an adulterated Bible. The bishops at Toulouse forbade the reading of it because it was inaccurate. In this they were caring for their flocks, just as a Protestant minister of today might tell his flock not to read the Jehovah’s Witnesses’ New World Translation.*