ECT Why shouldn't I convert from Evangelical Protestant to Catholic?

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I will tell you how you can know that the Catholics Popes and Bishops are in error…what do they believe and teach. Do they believe and teach things that go against God’s written Word? Yes they do.
They teach against your personal intepretation of God's word, not God's word itself.

I have some bad news for you my friend, your personal intepretation of God's word is not God's word. You are not God's personal oracle.

And what I said was a simple fact that you choose to ignore because somehwere deep down inside, you know I am correct, but your pride won't let you admit it:

You accept the 27 books of your New Tetament. That means you must believe that God worked through the Pope and Bishops when they ratified that canon.

You can't have it both ways man. You either believe that that God worked through the Pope and Bishops when they ratified the NT canon, or else you can't be sure if those are the correct books. There is no third choice.

That's not an ultimatum, its just a cold, hard, bedrock fact.

jeremysdemo

I was just wondering if anyone had a reasonable argument why I shouldn't join the Catholic Church, but I haven't discovered one based on fact yet.

none here.

you can join any social club you want brother! we are free!

God will judge your heart, not your social status. :cool:

God's Truth

They teach against your personal intepretation of God's word, not God's word itself.
The Bible has already been translated to English. I am not interpreting the Bible. The scriptures are plainly written; even a small child can read and understand.

How from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus, see 2 Timothy 3:15.

We do not need elected men to interpret God’s word for us, but we are to check the scriptures to check out those claiming to be teachers, see Mark 7:14; 2 Timothy 3:15, 16, 17; John 20:30, 31; Acts 17:11; and, Psalm 119:105.

For we do not write you anything you cannot read or understand. And I hope that, as you have understood us in part, you will come to understand fully that you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus. See 2 Corinthians 1:13,14.

God revealed the truth to little children, and God hid the truth from the wise and learned.

Luke 10:21 At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

We are not to follow tradition or church laws or any human rules as authority for the church (Matthew 15:1-14; Colossians 2:8; Galatians 1:6-9; Proverbs 14:12; 2 John 9-11; Jeremiah 10:23).

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
no where
but
why do you trust the man who printed your bible?
Dude, that's one horse who ain't gonna drink the water you are leading him too. He knows we have him by the short curlies so he is just rolling up into the proverbial "ball" and absorbing the proverbial "blows".

God's Truth

Dude, that's one horse who ain't gonna drink the water you are leading him too. He knows we have him by the short curlies so he is just rolling up into the proverbial "ball" and absorbing the proverbial "blows".

I am speaking the Truth to you. I can show you God's Truth from the scriptures, but you want me to look to the man who copied the written word.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Chrysostom disagrees with you, so if it's pathetic, you have to also do some internal damage control, because this seems to confirm rather than discourage the thought :(
Exactly so.

But then again, Chrys is a wee bit outside the Papist camp and no one within the camp ever bothers to point that out to him. His very presence and stance in this thread is a contradiction in terms. ;)

AMR

God's Truth

I want to see what you see

tell me who printed your bible

It does not matter who printed our Bibles.

Do what the Word of God says in the written Word.

God can make a donkey speak, so then what does it matter from who printed the Bible?

Answer the question.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
It does not matter who printed our Bibles.

Do what the Word of God says in the written Word.

God can make a donkey speak, so then what does it matter from who printed the Bible?

Answer the question.

you are asking us to do what you will not do

you will not listen to what any man has to say
but
for some strange reason you expect us to listen to you

can you explain that?