ECT Why shouldn't I convert from Evangelical Protestant to Catholic?

God's Truth

how did we get the scriptures?

The apostles wrote down as the Holy Spirit carried them.

As 2 Peter 1:20-21 says. Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

God's Truth

I was raised strict Catholic. The Catholic religion was my family’s life. When I was 24 yrs old, my mom got cancer and when it was obvious that she would not recover from it, my dad called the priest to give her last rites. For some reason, the priest did not come, so my dad called again, by this time my mom was dying fast, and she did not have the strength to speak. The priest said that we should have called him sooner. The priest left without hearing my mom’s last confession. It was the only time I ever saw my dad cry. I asked my dad why he was crying, he said because it was his fault. I said your fault about what, he said his fault that mom might not get to go to heaven to be with Jesus. I yelled out, “But we are Catholics!" You see, if a Catholic has committed a certain sin and does not confess to a priest for it before he or she dies, then there is no forgiveness for that sin.

I went in my room that night, and I told God that I did not want some religion’s truth, that I wanted His Truth, and that I would search for His Truth until I found it.

God's Truth

how did you know what Jesus said?

Your Catholic religion is apostate.

You put the Catholic religion over God's Word.

All the letters of the Apostles were the scriptures, and were the scriptures from the beginning.

The churches read the letters and shared the letters.

God can use a donkey to rebuke someone. Is the donkey now a holy animal knowing all truth?

Numbers 22:28 Then the LORD opened the donkey's mouth, and it said to Balaam, "What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?"

God's Truth

Much of the New Testament is letters from the apostles to the churches, and the apostles commanded the churches to share the letters.

Colossians 4:16 After this letter has been read to you, see that it is also read in the church of the Laodiceans and that you in turn read the letter from Laodicea.

1 Thessalonians 5:27 I charge you before the Lord to have this letter read to all the brothers and sisters.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Much of the New Testament is letters from the apostles to the churches, and the apostles commanded the churches to share the letters.

Colossians 4:16 After this letter has been read to you, see that it is also read in the church of the Laodiceans and that you in turn read the letter from Laodicea.

1 Thessalonians 5:27 I charge you before the Lord to have this letter read to all the brothers and sisters.

where did you get this?

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
You put the Catholic religion over God's Word.
That's LIE #1

Your Catholic religion is apostate.
That's LIE #2 (plus you obviously don't even know what apostate means)

ll the letters of the Apostles were the scriptures, and were the scriptures from the beginning. The churches read the letters and shared the letters.
We know that Einstein. What you are ignoring though is that many letters were being read, beyond those currently in the NT. Those were weeded out, and the canon of the NT as you know it today was decided by the Catholic Bishops in the 4th centiry during the Pontificate of Pope Damasus I.

Good grief man, learn some history.

God can use a donkey to rebuke someone.
Are you volunteering?

Numbers 22:28 Then the LORD opened the donkey's mouth, and it said to Balaam, "What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?"
And what have WE done that we have to endure your asenine posts.

God's Truth

That's LIE #1
That's LIE #2 (plus you obviously don't even know what apostate means)
We know that Einstein. What you are ignoring though is that many letters were being read, beyond those currently in the NT. Those were weeded out, and the canon of the NT as you know it today was decided by the Catholic Bishops in the 4th centiry during the Pontificate of Pope Damasus I. Good grief man, learn some history.
You do put the Catholic religion over God’s Word.
The Catholic religion is apostate.
Your insults mean nothing to me.

You prove you are evil, just by the way you respond to me.