ECT Why shouldn't I convert from Evangelical Protestant to Catholic?

God's Truth

Many think the Catholics determined what books were to be included in the Bible, because they over the centuries publicly listed the books that they used.

There were canons put together and used by people even before the Catholics.

Different people gave personal statements about the books, but they were only commenting on the books and letters that the first Christians used from the beginning. They had only acknowledged those books early Christian communities already accepted as scripture.

The Catholic denominations started to introduce heresies in approximately 310 A.D.

The Roman Catholic Church, which taught things contrary to the Bible, began with the prayers for the dead and the sign of the Cross.

God's Truth

Let me get this right...your user name is God's Truth and...you found yourself? What, you look in a mirror?

I only want God's Truth. Why do you have a problem with that? What do you only want, Satan's lie? What did you do, did you look in your pope's eyes?

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
Many think the Catholics determined what books were to be included in the Bible, because they over the centuries publicly listed the books that they used.

There were canons put together and used by people even before the Catholics.

Different people gave personal statements about the books, but they were only commenting on the books and letters that the first Christians used from the beginning. They had only acknowledged those books early Christian communities already accepted as scripture.

The Catholic denominations started to introduce heresies in approximately 310 A.D.

The Roman Catholic Church, which taught things contrary to the Bible, began with the prayers for the dead and the sign of the Cross.

You'll be better informed if you do your OWN research instead of lifting from anti Catholic sites. When you do I will be pleased to see your INFORMED argument.

God's Truth

You'll be better informed if you do your OWN research instead of lifting from anti Catholic sites. When you do I will be pleased to see your INFORMED argument.

I do not go to anti Catholic sites. I get information from Catholic sites, and my own upbringing.

God's Truth

So you've interpreted the bible yourself and it's just you in your church?
You think all denominations, Protestants, Catholics and E. Oorthodox are wrong? Yes?

Haven't you been reading my posts? I do not interpret the Bible. The Bible has already been interpreted from Greek to English.

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
I began to do everything that Jesus said, and then one day, Jesus revealed himself to me.

Pray tell, what did He personally reveal to you? Oh yes...this is what you said Jesus told you...

Your Catholic religion is apostate.

You put the Catholic religion over God's Word.

All the letters of the Apostles were the scriptures, and were the scriptures from the beginning.

The churches read the letters and shared the letters.

God can use a donkey to rebuke someone. Is the donkey now a holy animal knowing all truth?

Numbers 22:28 Then the LORD opened the donkey's mouth, and it said to Balaam, "What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?"

I would say it was your imagination that spoke to you. Deluded might be another word I could use to descibe it.

God's Truth

Pray tell, what did He personally reveal to you?
He revealed himself to me.
I would say it was your imagination that spoke to you. Deluded might be another word I could use to descibe it.
So then, Jesus says I will know the truth if I do what he says, but you say I will be deluded. Whom shall I believe, Jesus or you? I believe Jesus and not you.
Check out John 7:17. Do you believe it, yes or no? Why do you believe it or why do you not believe it? Do you feel compelled to seek the Catholic denomination to see what it says about it?
Start answering questions.

God's Truth

Rich,
You came across like a humble man with your OP, then you got hard against the truth. Try to soften up a bit, and maybe you will be granted repentance unto the truth.