Why Sexual Assault Victims Delay Coming Forward

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
If we assume a rate of 41% false reporting, the highest percentage indicated, it would still suggest that as many as 5 or 6 of Trump's 11 (so far) accusers are likely genuine. That's no comfort........

I disagree, because they are not just normal victims making a police report as are the victims in the various studies. These are high visibility women involving themselves in politics. That's an entirely different can of worms.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
History is chockful of witnesses to one crime or another who for one legitimate reason or another delayed reporting said crime, for a time...even for decades...

We all know this.

And the reasons behind such delays are not much different from that of the need for looking the other way that some on TOL are just as obviously suffering from, as to Clinton, and or Trump.

1- A cop who’s spent 30 years fighting sexual assault explains why victims often wait to come forward...

http://www.vox.com/identities/2016/10/14/13275786/sexual-assault-victims-reporting

2- Why Don’t Cops Believe Rape Victims...

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...tims_and_how_brain_science_can_solve_the.html

3-Tom Tremblay is a retired Police Chief, but has held many positions within the criminal justice field, including: officer, detective, supervisor, and state public safety commissioner. Tom has been recognized for his help in improving police leadership skills. Tom is currently serving as an independent reviewer/ monitor to help improve the sexual assault response and investigations of law enforcement....

https://cip.nebraska.gov/events/free-training-tom-tremblay-0

a delay in coming forward means that there's even less chance of proving their claims

and until those claims are proven, that's all they are :idunno:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
:darwinsm:

Make-America-Great-Again-Hat.png

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
There's women who scream rape when they get into an argument with a man on the streets. A woman will punch a man in the face and then when they get hit back, will cry and call the cops.

It goes to show the stupidity of many men who sit there and act like they are victims- they are not, they are only half as likely to even be assaulted than men. If they are sexually assaulted, then that's unfortunate, but not any more unfortunate than men being assaulted twice as often.

Men are tired of having the finger pointed at them all the time, and yet if they do not submit to it they are called 'misogynist'. What kind of madness is that, seriously? And you have [MENTION=16506]MarcATL[/MENTION] here acting like the black community isn't virtually turning into a matriarchy :rolleyes:

As far as I'm concerned, God has judged men on their inability to be the head of women and they are just receiving the fruit of their feminized corruption.

Foxfire

I disagree, because they are not just normal victims making a police report as are the victims in the various studies. These are high visibility women involving themselves in politics. That's an entirely different can of worms.

You disagree with what? You made a post suggesting a high rate of false accusations among what I (and now you too) find to be a specific sub-group that does not represent the situation. "An entirely different can of worms".

I'm pretty sure that those studies were based primarily on 'one-off' or single accuser cases. One woman making the complaint against one man.

What are the statistics for cases involving numerous women leveling similar accusations against a single defendant? Do they follow the same percentages?

MarcATL

I read that. His train analogy again. We need to take care of the "important" stuff first. The character of his candidate and the dignity of the people alleging violation apparently isn't that...Watching people who once called and claimed the moral high ground their own rolling in the mud at its base is just...astounding.
More than astounding, it's deplorable.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Arthur Brain

There's women who scream rape when they get into an argument with a man on the streets. A woman will punch a man in the face and then when they get hit back, will cry and call the cops.

It goes to show the stupidity of many men who sit there and act like they are victims- they are not, they are only half as likely to even be assaulted than men. If they are sexually assaulted, then that's unfortunate, but not any more unfortunate than men being assaulted twice as often.

Men are tired of having the finger pointed at them all the time, and yet if they do not submit to it they are called 'misogynist'. What kind of madness is that, seriously? And you have [MENTION=16506]MarcATL[/MENTION] here acting like the black community isn't virtually turning into a matriarchy :rolleyes:

As far as I'm concerned, God has judged men on their inability to be the head of women and they are just receiving the fruit of their feminized corruption.

Wow, what an idiot.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
'Blah blippity blah'.
Go back to your Xbox kid.
What Crucible said is correct. Your snotty dismissal of a correct statement makes you the loser in that exchange.

Crucible: "The idiot is the one who denies reality and appeals to a lie."

How can anyone take issue with that.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
You disagree with what?......
I disagree with applying those those numbers to the Trump accusers for the very reason I said: They are not just normal victims making a police report as are the victims in the various studies. These are high visibility women involving themselves in politics.

You said: "If we assume a rate of 41% false reporting, the highest percentage indicated, it would still suggest that as many as 5 or 6 of Trump's 11 (so far) accusers are likely genuine......"

I replied: "I disagree, because they are not just normal victims making a police report as are the victims in the various studies. These are high visibility women involving themselves in politics. That's an entirely different can of worms."

What's not to understand about that.

Arthur Brain

Translation: 'If you don't like being tread on by women, you are a misogynist'

Go chaperone a 'slut walk', kid.

Erm, yeah, what women are 'treading' on you exactly Cruc? I doubt many would want to have anything to do with you doofus.

Don't get all hot and bothered about being called 'kid' either dude. You're obviously not an adult or certainly a very young and immature one if you are. It's obvious.

Arthur Brain

What Crucible said is correct. Your snotty dismissal of a correct statement makes you the loser in that exchange.

Crucible: "The idiot is the one who denies reality and appeals to a lie."

How can anyone take issue with that.

The reality is that Crucible has a bonkers hatred of women that "shines" through each post he makes. All he does is bluster some paranoid garbage over and over that has no place in sanity.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Erm, yeah, what women are 'treading' on you exactly Cruc? I doubt many would want to have anything to do with you doofus.

Just because you don't care doesn't mean you aren't being tread on. I'm very much involved with women, and if you asked them about where I stand with women you would be told that I don't take jive from women anymore than they do.

Wrap your rigged brain around that for a minute :rotfl:

Don't get all hot and bothered about being called 'kid' either dude. You're obviously not an adult or certainly a very young and immature one if you are. It's obvious.

I'm 28 years old, and find it surprising the amount of middle aged men lacking expected wisdom to not duped into the ridiculous agenda at hand. Feminism has done a number on you all, and many in my generation are shedding the disposition you've put men in.

Foxfire

I disagree with applying those those numbers to the Trump accusers for the very reason I said: They are not just normal victims making a police report as are the victims in the various studies. These are high visibility women involving themselves in politics.

You said: "If we assume a rate of 41% false reporting, the highest percentage indicated, it would still suggest that as many as 5 or 6 of Trump's 11 (so far) accusers are likely genuine......"

I replied: "I disagree, because they are not just normal victims making a police report as are the victims in the various studies. These are high visibility women involving themselves in politics. That's an entirely different can of worms."

What's not to understand about that.

You posted an article representing the statistical probabilities of false rape reports. Presumably to make .....some.....statistically supported point? :idunno:

I calculated the probabilities of Trumps accusers being legitimate based solely on information contained in YOUR post. 41% being the highest percentage of false reports, supported only by the shakiest of the sources cited.

Presumably the percentage most favorable to to your point.

If you think that percentage number is too high, I would be glad to calculate it for you at one of the lower percentage rates listed?

If you disagree with a calculation based on the statistical probabilities in your own post, or that those surveys are inapplicable, then be my guest, provide a more accurate and applicable statistical survey.

:think:

*edit We both seem to agree that the content of your initial post is NOT a valid measuring stick.

Arthur Brain

Just because you don't care doesn't mean you aren't being tread on. I'm very much involved with women, and if you asked them about where I stand with women you would be told that I don't take jive from women anymore than they do.

Wrap your rigged brain around that for a minute :rotfl:

Um, you aren't a spokesperson for women at all even though you bemusedly think you can talk on behalf of all of them (remember that 'gem'?) You're a stupid little misogynist with one huge chip on his shoulder and that's about it.

I'm 28 years old, and find it surprising the amount of middle aged men lacking expected wisdom to not duped into the ridiculous agenda at hand. Feminism has done a number on you all, and many in my generation are shedding the disposition you've put men in.

Then start acting your age instead of half of it. Maybe that way you'll finally get a date...