ECT Why preterism can never be taken seriously by Bible believers

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
70ad- God destroys Jerusalem. Prophesied.

Agreed.

However, most of your fellow Darby followers deny it.

2nd Coming- God defends Jerusalem. Prophesied.

Not the Jerusalem in the Middle East.

The kingdom is the New Jerusalem, it's a spiritual kingdom that will last forever, it will never need defended ever again. No one in the kingdom will ever have to beat their plowshares into swords, it's an unshakable kingdom.

Two separate events.

Two separate Jerusalem's.

You always fail to understand this despite the Apostle Paul telling us about the New Jerusalem.

This is unavoidable. Don't be stupid.

Until you understand that there is only one kingdom, and all those in Christ are in the kingdom, and that it's a spiritual kingdom, you will keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

Danoh

Translation:

As if I actually have an answer, which I don't! :rotfl:

Yep, Nang is just one more of the many who goes by what makes sense to them in the moment.

There are several places in Matthew thru Acts that clearly show more than the 11 were present when the Lord ascended to Glory "in like manner" (in the same form in) which He will return from Glory - physically.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Yep, Nang is just one more of the many who goes by what makes sense to them in the moment.

There are several places in Matthew thru Acts that clearly show more than the 11 were present when the Lord ascended to Glory "in like manner" (in the same form in) which He will return from Glory - physically.

I cannot imagine Jesus Christ putting aside His resurrection glory . . ever!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I seriously doubt that any of us can either.

I was responding to Danoh stating that Jesus would return "from glory." Jesus sits at the right hand of God now and forever; reigning as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. When we see Him, that is how we will know Him. I John 3:2-3

I saved this on my computer about Preterism somebody may also find interesting. Lately, there are a lot of people that talk about Jesuits, much of which I'm skeptical about, seems to be mainly tin foil hat conspiracy stuff, but, when you see what Francis is up to, you've got to wonder. Replacement Theology and many doctrinal evils have originated in Roman Catholicism, obviously Satanic deception behind false prophecy:

The great Greek scholar Dean Henry Alford in his foreword to his Greek Testament says: "The Preterist view found no favor, and was hardly so much as thought of, in the times of [early] Christianity. The view is said to have been first promulgated in anything like completeness by the Catholic Jesuit Alcasar in 1614."

Alcasar came up with this view in order to blunt the belief that the Catholic Church was the whore of Babylon, which was so popularized at that time. He did this by saying that the events of Revelation had already come to pass—up through the sixth century. Catholics dared not admit that the dynasty of the popes had fulfilled the prophecies of the Man of Sin, or that Babylon the Great was the Roman Catholic Church. Many at that time were already teaching a form of Futurism and believed that the prophecies of the Antichrist were still largely unfulfilled, and insisted on a literal interpretation, especially of the prophetic time future. Futurism taught that there was coming an actual Antichrist not a system or dynasty.

Thus in Preterism, the prophecies regarding Antichrist were allegedly completed by the first few centuries after Christ. Alcazar was fully aware that he was going against the futurism of many of the early church fathers who saw most of the events of Revelation yet future.

Later, it was the German liberal rationalists who picked up and expanded on Preterism. J. G. Eichhorn (1752-1827) revived the idea. He was joined by rationalist and liberal G. H. A. Ewalk (1803-1875), Franz Delitzsh (1813-1890) and the terribly liberal Old Testament scholar, Julius Wellhausen (1844-1918). Prof. Moses Staurt of Andover seminary (1780-1852) introduced Preterism into the U. S. and Samuel Davidson reiterated it in England in 1844.

Earlier, a Henry Hammond (1605-1660), who was called the "Father of English Biblical Criticism" (and who was a flaming liberal), adopted Preterism. He was apparently the first of the English clerics to leave the Protestant Historical School of interpretation for the foolish and idiotic view of the Jesuit Catholic Preterism as applied to the book of Revelation. With terrible scholarship he stressed the expression "Things which must shortly come to pass" (Rev. 1:1).

But to give a simple answer to this lack of scholarship, one needs to read my answer in the LaHaye/Hindson volume, pages 295-96. There I write:

Many Greek scholars, both futurists and nonfuturists, agree that the idea of tachos (shortly) here has to do with swiftness of execution when the prophetic events begin to take place. Tachus ("shortly") "is a relative term to be judged in the light of II Peter 3:8 according to God's clock, not ours. And yet undoubtedly the hopes of the early Christians looked for a speedy return of the Lord Jesus." The much-respected author and teacher Joseph Seiss translates the phrase, "that which must come to pass speedily." Alford argues that it is wrong for critics of the Scriptures to press en tachei "to furnishing a guide to the interpretation of the prophecy of Revelation" and he criticizes those who try to create a false argument and scenario for preterism with such prophetic schemes."

En tachei is translated by Lange "in swift succession," who adds that other scholars "correctly interpret it as referring to the rapidity of the course of the events prophesied." Swete argues that "near fulfillment" is really in view and the Ritchie Commentary agrees: "This [en tachei] phrase, which if literally translated would be 'in brief (time),' is used seven times in the NT … the primary thought is not so much the proximity of the event, but the absolute certainty of the event and the rapidity of action are involved here. Whatever seeming delay there is, action is certain and it will be swift."

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I was responding to Danoh stating that Jesus would return "from glory." Jesus sits at the right hand of God now and forever; reigning as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. When we see Him, that is how we will know Him. I John 3:2-3

Okay. I leave the two of you to work it out.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The New Jerusalem is in no danger from enemies.

Does the following verse describe danger in the New Jerusalem?

(Rev 12:7) Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There are several places in Matthew thru Acts that clearly show more than the 11 were present when the Lord ascended to Glory "in like manner"

No there isn't.

Prove me wrong Danoh?

Show us where it says what you claim?

john w

Hall of Fame
No there isn't.

Prove me wrong Danoh?

Show us where it says what you claim?

Little arms Craigie:Identify this "everyone" that allegedly saw this alleged Saviour, who was "un physical," return, you fraud, as you've been asked, for 3 years.

Now.

Let me guess: you redefined the meaning of "everyone."

What's the problem, you wimpy, little arms weasel, greasy mess? Scrambling to your "fallable men" teachers, such as Christ rejecting Flavey Joe Josephus, or thief Hankie Hanegraaf, or water baptismal regenerationists, Max King, and J. Stuart Russell, from whom you plagiarize this "AD 70-sm" "invention, since it is certainly not in the bible, and you did not learn it, on your own, which you admit, on record.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I saved this on my computer about Preterism somebody may also find interesting.

Whoever the idiot is that wrote what you copied and pasted, didn't do his homework.

Preterism can be found before Alcasar.

Unlike Dispensationalism, which cannot be found before Darby.

john w

Hall of Fame
A few posts ago, you said He returns with holes in His hands, and as a Jew.

Every thread, you've said, "I have never said...........................," then be shown to have lied about it.

So there.

Little arms Craigie:Identify this "everyone" that allegedly saw this alleged Saviour, who was "un physical," return, you fraud, as you've been asked, for 3 years.

Now.

Let me guess: you redefined the meaning of "everyone."

What's the problem, you wimpy, little arms weasel, greasy mess? Scrambling to your "fallable men" teachers, such as Christ rejecting Flavey Joe Josephus, or thief Hankie Hanegraaf, or water baptismal regenerationists, Max King, and J. Stuart Russell, from whom you plagiarize this "AD 70-sm" "invention, since it is certainly not in the bible, and you did not learn it, on your own, which you admit, on record.

john w

Hall of Fame
Whoever the idiot is that wrote what you copied and pasted, didn't do his homework.

Craigie: Don't name call me, and "personally" attack me, you idiots, mentally challenged dispies, cockroaches, cancerous, dumb MAD-ists!!!!!!!!

You little weasel, flamimg actress,whited wall. Which side of that feminine looking face of yours, do you want slapped?

All of your material, on TOL, is directly copy'npasted/plagiarized, from Russell, Gentry Stevens, King, Sproul, Hanegraaf, Todd Dennis..............

Preterism can be found before Alcasar.

No, it cannot. It was invented, taught by "fallable men" so it is false, per you. You're in denial.

Unlike Dispensationalism, which cannot be found before Darby.

Nope. Unlike invented AD 70-ism/Preterism, which cannot be found before Russell.

What you "teach," on TOL, cannot be found before you. Therefore, it is a false belief system, per you.

You are in denial, and have suffered another fatal death knell, little chin boy.

SaulToPaul 2

Where did this war in heaven take place?

Rev 12
12 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

How many heavens are there? Who is called the prince of the power of the air?