ECT Why preterism can never be taken seriously by Bible believers

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Nope.

There is no Jew or Gentile in the kingdom.

Now and forever.

Only children of God.

Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You are lying about the gospel.

Gods grace began at the cross of Christ and began its broadcast and effect by the Bride of Christ into all nations beginning at Jerusalem --

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

LA

I only wish you had a brain inside of that skull of yours. I really do.

musterion

So, you reckon we'll all be the same person, as well?

'cause we know from looking at creation that GOD must hate diversity and distinction.

I guess we'll each be Mr. Blurry-face stamped out look-a-likes.

Good. I'm tired of being so pretty.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So, you reckon we'll all be the same person, as well?

'cause we know from looking at creation that GOD must hate diversity and distinction.

I guess we'll each be Mr. Blurry-face stamped out look-a-likes.

(Matt 22:30) For when the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage. In this respect they will be like the angels in heaven.

HINT: Every angel in the Bible has a male name.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Aarghh . . . the limitations of literalist readings!

The question touched on spiritual status, authority, and power. Jesus answered accordingly.

And not racially.

The glory of Christ's Kingdom will incorporate a remnant of saved/resurrected souls OUT from all races and nations; nullifying old earthly politics, views, ambitions, etc.

The resurrected sons of God will share Christ's authority and ruling powers and racial/political powers will be just one of the old things that pass away.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Aarghh . . . the limitations of literalist readings!

The question touched on spiritual status, authority, and power. Jesus answered accordingly.

And not racially.

The glory of Christ's Kingdom will incorporate a remnant of saved/resurrected souls OUT from all races and nations; nullifying old earthly politics, views, ambitions, etc.

The resurrected sons of God will share Christ's authority and ruling powers and racial/political powers will be just one of the old things that pass away.

Yeah well, I guess He leaves it up to each of us to imagine whatever we want to think it means, since it doesn't mean what He says it means.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
(Matt 22:30) For when the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage. In this respect they will be like the angels in heaven.

HINT: Every angel in the Bible has a male name.

Great, so there's not gonna' be any males or females but there's going to be males.

Kinda' like Animal Farm's 'some are more equal than others' kind of thing, huh?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Great, so there's not gonna' be any males or females but there's going to be males.

I'm not sure, but judging by what Matt 22:30 says, and considering it's God the Father, and God the Son, it doesn't appear there will be any females.

Kinda' like Animal Farm's 'some are more equal than others' kind of thing, huh?

I think Snowball and Napoleon were both males, as was squealer.

In fact, I don't remember a female in the entire book.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Both Christ and His Disciples preached the "Kingdom Gospel." I implore all of you too, stay off of that LA Freeway.

It has been proven by reading the gospels that the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Heaven are one and the same.

When you swallow a lie and repeat it then you are algning yourself with the enemy of Christ.

LA

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It has been proven by reading the gospels that the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Heaven are one and the same.

:thumb:

That's right.

Darby followers have to claim they are two different places in order to make the false teachings of John Nelson Darby work.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I'm not sure, but judging by what Matt 22:30 says, and considering it's God the Father, and God the Son, it doesn't appear there will be any females.

I think Snowball and Napoleon were both males, as was squealer.

In fact, I don't remember a female in the entire book.

Some just cannot get past the material/physical world to appreciate the spiritual . . . forgetting that the body of believers in Christ are referred to in the female gender as the "Bride" of Christ.

This does not mean this description of Christ's children must be literally interpreted as being all female, but should be understood as the body of Christ fulfilling the female role to the male role of Christ being the husband of His church.

The depths of Holy Scripture cannot possibly be understood, grasped, and appreciated on a strictly literalist or humanistic level.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Yeah well, I guess He leaves it up to each of us to imagine whatever we want to think it means, since it doesn't mean what He says it means.

Mister, by so stating, you seriously insult the Holy Spirit, who is commissioned to bring the saints into full knowledge of the Truth. You deny His purpose and His power by denying the spiritual things of God.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Some just cannot get past the material/physical world to appreciate the spiritual . . . forgetting that the body of believers in Christ are referred to in the female gender as the "Bride" of Christ.

This does not mean this description of Christ's children must be literally interpreted as being all female, but should be understood as fulfilling the body of Christ fulfilling the female role to the male role of Christ being the husband of His church.

The depths of Holy Scripture cannot possibly be understood, grasped, and appreciated on a strictly literalist or humanistic level.

Yes.

A persons doctrine reveals just who his/her teacher is.

LA

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Mister, by so stating, you seriously insult the Holy Spirit, who is commissioned to bring the saints into full knowledge of the Truth. You deny His purpose and His power by denying the spiritual things of God.

No! I insult your allegorical hermeneutic and I will again.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

This does not mean this description of Christ's children must be literally interpreted as being all female, but should be understood as fulfilling the body of Christ fulfilling the female role to the male role of Christ being the husband of His church.

Good post Nang !!!

Darby followers deny that the Body of Christ can at the same time be the bride of Christ. They claim only Israel can be the bride.

There pat answer is always "how can the groom marry His own body?"

Well, in Genesis, Eve was created from the body of Adam, and then Adam married her.