ECT Why preterism can never be taken seriously by Bible believers

john w

Hall of Fame
Read the next two verses.

(Acts 1:12) Then the apostles returned to Jerusalem from the hill called the Mount of Olives, a Sabbath day’s walk from the city. When they arrived, they went upstairs to the room where they were staying. Those present were Peter, John, James and Andrew; Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew; James son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot, and Judas son of James.

How many Apostles are there in the above passage?

The men listed in verse 13 are the men who saw Jesus go up to heaven.

So, if Jesus returns "in like manner", what would make you think lots of people would see Him?

Little arms Craigie:Identify this "everyone" that allegedly saw this alleged Saviour, who was "un physical," return, you fraud, as you've been asked, for 3 years.

Now.

Let me guess: you redefined the meaning of "everyone."

musterion

Don't you know, musterion, that "everyone" saw this alleged Saviour return, in AD 70, according to Craigie, although he was un-physical, invisible, secretly returned?

We are all in denial.

You and your new secret invisible returns that everyone saw is a mess.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What Tet did with "in like manner" is pathetic - the emphasis in that passage is on His physical return.

The passage clearly says He would return "in like manner".

Now all of the sudden, you are claiming "in like manner" doesn't mean how He went up to heaven.

You Darby followers never cease to amaze me.

Why did the two men dressed in white refer to Jesus as "This same Jesus"?

john w

Hall of Fame
What Tet did with "in like manner" is pathetic - the emphasis in that passage is on His physical return.

He is a pathetic fraud, moving the goal posts, as he changes the meaning of words, of literal events, people, places, via mysticism, Buddhism, as that is what Preterism is, as he can "prove" anything he wants, and end any debate with, "Fulfilled in Christ..."

john w

Hall of Fame
The passage clearly says He would return "in like manner".

Now all of the sudden, you are claiming "in like manner" doesn't mean how He went up to heaven.

You Darby followers never cease to amaze me.

Why did the two men dressed in white refer to Jesus as "This same Jesus"?

Little arms Craigie:Identify this "everyone" that allegedly saw this alleged Saviour, who was "un physical," return, you fraud, as you've been asked, for 3 years.

Now.

Let me guess: you redefined the meaning of "everyone."

What's the problem, you wimpy, little arms weasel, greasy mess?

musterion

Unbelievers are oracles.

Invisible is plainly seen.

Secret is unconcealed.

No one is everyone.

Intact is destroyed.

Silence is intent.

No evidence is proof.

Unwitnessed is verified.

New is ancient.

Troll? Insane? Demonic?

Danoh

Read the next two verses.

(Acts 1:12) Then the apostles returned to Jerusalem from the hill called the Mount of Olives, a Sabbath day’s walk from the city. When they arrived, they went upstairs to the room where they were staying. Those present were Peter, John, James and Andrew; Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew; James son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot, and Judas son of James.

How many Apostles are there in the above passage?

The men listed in verse 13 are the men who saw Jesus go up to heaven.

So, if Jesus returns "in like manner", what would make you think lots of people would see Him?

The "in like manner" refers to His physical return not to how many saw Him leave.

And again you are being sloppy about that number.

But there is no reasoning with you...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The "in like manner" refers to His physical return not to how many saw Him leave.

Then why all the posts about clouds?

And again you are being sloppy about that number.

Acts 1:13 gives specific names of who was there.

But there is no reasoning with you...

Show us where in the Bible it says there were more than 11 men when Jesus ascended up to heaven?

Eagles Wings

It is rarely realized or admitted, that the Incarnation worked both justification as well as judgment . . As does the Gospel message, every time it is proclaimed.

Judgment is not future . . . It is now, for the King of Kings reigns in all His holy power.
Yes, this is rarely taught in churches today, even Reformed.

"God judges all men day by day, and the Judgment Day is the great day in which all these things become clear, unto the Glory of His name!" (Pr. D. Kuiper, PRCA)

Deut 32:4

KJV - "He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he."

Danoh

(1 Thess 5:2) for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.

The sense is that of a midnight home invasion you spiritual fraud - neither "peace and safety" nor it's "sudden destruction" qualify as the Roman legions clear as day not only for miles, but days in advance.

You absolute incompetent :chuckle:

Danoh

Then why all the posts about clouds?

Acts 1:13 gives specific names of who was there.

Show us where in the Bible it says there were more than 11 men when Jesus ascended up to heaven?

I'll bet even Nang could prove you wrong on their body count.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
neither "peace and safety" nor it's "sudden destruction" qualify as the Roman legions clear as day not only for miles, but days in advance.

You're wrong again.

The vast majority of Jews who died inside the walls were Jews who had come to Jerusalem for the pilgrimage feast.

Because the Romans surprised them, they were trapped inside, and could not escape the city.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you actually care then you'll search it out in the Scripture for yourself.

Do you or is your reasoning more important?

Search it out.

I did.

I come up with Acts 1:13 listing 11 men who were present when Christ Jesus ascended.

(Acts 1:13) When they arrived, they went upstairs to the room where they were staying. Those present were Peter, John, James and Andrew; Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew; James son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot, and Judas son of James.

If you think I'm wrong, then just provide scripture that shows more than 11 men being present at the ascension?

Danoh

I did.

I come up with Acts 1:13 listing 11 men who were present when Christ Jesus ascended.

(Acts 1:13) When they arrived, they went upstairs to the room where they were staying. Those present were Peter, John, James and Andrew; Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew; James son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot, and Judas son of James.

If you think I'm wrong, then just provide scripture that shows more than 11 men being present at the ascension?

You ask that...

Only to go against any evidence posted that does not fit your conclusions.

Fact is that the saying "a person convinced against HIS will, is of the same opinion still" fits you like a glove.

I asked Afleck to search it out. Let's see if he too will go against the evidence of Scripture.

Until then, you will just have to keep second guessing why I respond this way right after you go against the obvious.

Go ahead - be you.