ECT Why preterism can never be taken seriously by Bible believers

musterion

So, a question for someone other than Tet, who clearly doesn't know.

If Josephus said 70 was the act of God, what specifically did Joe cite as the reason/s for God's wrath? Anyone know?

Asking because I hate to think Tet is SO far gone that he willfully eisegetes Josephus as much as he does the Bible.

john w

Hall of Fame
Oh, it's a "gotcha" all right.
Just showing the absurdity that Darby hating preterists invent.

Cracks me up!
:rotfl:

Craigie: You really think that "cracks me up" is literal, Tam? You really are as dumb as a mentally challenged saved person, you brainwashed, cockroach, stupid, cancerous dispies, who always attack me, call me names, and insult me!!!!!! Stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

musterion

Before Darby, all of Christendom understood the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD was the fulfillment of Christ Jesus' prophecies.

The vast majority also believed in sacramentalism and persecuted the few who didn't.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Then Joe does not help preterism.

Sure he does.

He recorded actual history.

The actual history confirm the prophecies given by Christ Jesus 40 years earlier.

Any personal comments given by Josephus are meaningless.

However, even the Christ rejecting Jew Josephus understood that what took place in 70AD was judgment from God.

Unlike you, who has to rewrite history in order to make Darby's false teachings work out.

john w

Hall of Fame
You won't see that from Josephus because Josephus was a Christ rejecting Jew.

Before Darby, all of Christendom understood the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD was the fulfillment of Christ Jesus' prophecies.

Only Darby followers like yourself deny actual history.

Before Russell, and Josephus, none of Christendom understood the second coming to be seen by "everyone," and "everyone" was just Josephus, but the Saviour was un-physical,invisible, but still, everyone saw him, and, at the same time, the second coming was the Roman army.

So there, sweetie.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, which does not match the words of prophecy.

The writings of Josephus confirm many of the prophecies given by Christ Jesus 40 years earlier.

Like I said, you have an agenda. You can't have the prophecies given by Christ Jesus being fulfilled 40 years later, or your Dispensationalism falls apart.

Therefore, you have to deny actual history because you are a follower of John Nelson Darby.

john w

Hall of Fame

Tell us about the history of the second coming, in 70 AD, sweetie.Unpack it for us, sweetie, especially this "everyone" that saw this un-physical, invisible Saviour return, allegedly return, in AD 70.

Only Josephus followers, and Russell followers, deny history, and embrace mysticism/Buddhism, such as you.

john w

Hall of Fame

Before 1000 years ago, all of the world understood the earth to be flat, sweetie, flat earth proponent.

Before 10 years ago, all of the world understood Pluto to be a planet,sweetie.

Before 20 years ago, all of the world/scientific community understood that the "fountains of the great deep" of Genesis 7:11 KJV could not be, sweetie.

"all of Christendom"=One of his "all of"'s, like "All dispies are Darby followers...All MADists say Godrulz is not saved...."

He can't be this stupid, can he, TOL audience?

That "all of" closes the discussion....We learned that from Tellalie-he taught us that.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, which does not match the words of prophecy.

You are a failure.
Yep.

Acts 1:9-11 KJV
(9) And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
(10) And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
(11) Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.​

Did the Roman army receive Christ and take Him up to heaven?
No.
He didn't leave with the Roman Army, so He ain't coming back with the Roman Army.
Made up nonsense from Darby hating preterists.

But, what else can you expect from Darby hating preterists that turn the cloud into the Roman Army, and turn fire from heaven into a lightning bolt symbol on a Roman army banner.
You can pretty much just make up anything and call it gospel, if you're a Darby hating preterist.

musterion

WHY would the victorious Lord of heaven and earth return secretly? He wouldn't and the Bible says He wouldn't, as Tam just noted.

If no one saw Him return, He didn't return.

This new "secret return" doctrine is as absurd as it is blasphemous.

john w

Hall of Fame
The writings of Josephus confirm many of the prophecies given by Christ Jesus 40 years earlier.

Like I said, you have an agenda. You can't have the prophecies given by Christ Jesus being fulfilled 40 years later, or your Dispensationalism falls apart.

Therefore, you have to deny actual history because you are a follower of John Nelson Darby.

No, they don't. You are in denial, Flavius Josephus follower.

musterion

Many stones left upon other stones =/= not one stone left upon another.

Unless you want to say you know better what Christ meant than He did.

Danoh

"And this seems to me to have been the reason why God, out of his hatred of these men's wickedness, rejected our city; and as for the temple, he no longer esteemed it sufficiently pure for him to inhabit therein, but brought the Romans upon us, and threw a fire upon the city to purge it; and brought upon us, our wives, and children, slavery, as desirous to make us wiser by our calamities." - Josephus, Book XX, Chapter VIII, Section 5

Luke 19:41 And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it, 19:42 Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes. 19:43 For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side, 19:44 And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

"1. Now as soon as the army had no more people to slay, or to plunder, because there remained none to be the objects of their fury: (for they would not have spared any, had there remained any other work to be done: ) Cæsar gave orders that they should now demolish the entire city, and temple: but should leave as many of the towers standing as were of the greatest eminency, that is, Phasaelus, and Hippicus, and Mariamne: and so much of the wall as inclosed the city on the west side. This wall was spared, in order to afford a camp for such as were to lie in garrison: as were the towers also spared in order to demonstrate to posterity what kind of city it was, and how well fortified, which the Roman valour had subdued." Josephus, Book VII, Chapter I