ECT why don't you say the Our Father?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I hear you, not discussing your papist cult beliefs, anyway. Whatever the case, it's Friday. Shouldn't you be out snapping some mackerel? That's what I'd be doing, if I believed I were a cheeseburger removed from purgatory.

so you are here to bash catholics

you are in good company

so you are here to bash catholics

you are in good company

No, not a motivation to be here. If you weren't here, or would just go away, you'd not hear a peep out of me. It's you who responded to what is a valid comment of busybodies in other peoples' affairs. You Catholics specialize in demeaning the faith of others. As to the bashing, I admit to some guilt there, but this is a result of being called a heretic by you priggish, but deluded Bozos my entire life, this for being of solely the faith laid down in scripture. To you, this isn't enough. The very word of God is not enough. You call my Bible believing congregation defective, out of communion with your cult. (Praise Jesus!) I sympathize your predicament of having a religion of many fables and commandments of corrupt men, but it's not my fault you're brainwashed by a cult. Neither is this anything for you to brag about. Of all people, you should be minding your own business, first.

Dan Emanuel

every sunday at mass we say this prayer

The Our Father
Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

it might be time to take another look at your theology
if
it does not agree with this prayer
What about the Christian's who want to revise the Our Father with Pauls teaching?

For instance:

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven us, be we kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another;Eph4:32KJV and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Or:

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and if any man have a quarrel against us: even as Christ forgave us, so also do we forbear one another, and forgive one another;Col3:13KJV and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Daniel

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
No, not a motivation to be here. If you weren't here, or would just go away, you'd not hear a peep out of me. It's you who responded to what is a valid comment of busybodies in other peoples' affairs. You Catholics specialize in demeaning the faith of others. As to the bashing, I admit to some guilt there, but this is a result of being called a heretic by you priggish, but deluded Bozos my entire life, this for being of solely the faith laid down in scripture. To you, this isn't enough. The very word of God is not enough. You call my Bible believing congregation defective, out of communion with your cult. (Praise Jesus!) I sympathize your predicament of having a religion of many fables and commandments of corrupt men, but it's not my fault you're brainwashed by a cult. Neither is this anything for you to brag about. Of all people, you should be minding your own business, first.

does that make you feel better?

does that make you feel better?

This may surprise you, but there's zero emotional component to that comment. Just telling it like it is, these things long foregone conclusions, nothing new. The days of getting exercised over Roman Catholicism are long gone. Call me a heretic now, and I rejoice. You're dinosaurs, irrelevant in the final analysis. There is no day I awaken, thinking about Catholics. You're here. Everywhere else, you're out of sight and out of mind. My congregation doesn't talk about you. You're on nobody's mind. I don't care what comes out of Francis' mouth. You want to read the Quran at the Vatican, your red wagon, no skin off my butt. Don't pat yourself on the back you even have any real impact. You didn't get the news: the Reformation is over. There's no sense in what your army of zombies, with your moldered, dead religion, continues to try and do. You don't seem to understand: we don't buy any of it, never will. If you like charging windmills, though, knock yourself out.

Danoh

This may surprise you, but there's zero emotional component to that comment. Just telling it like it is, these things long foregone conclusions, nothing new. The days of getting exercised over Roman Catholicism are long gone. Call me a heretic now, and I rejoice. You're dinosaurs, irrelevant in the final analysis. There is no day I awaken, thinking about Catholics. You're here. Everywhere else, you're out of sight and out of mind. My congregation doesn't talk about you. You're on nobody's mind. I don't care what comes out of Francis' mouth. You want to read the Quran at the Vatican, your red wagon, no skin off my butt. Don't pat yourself on the back you even have any real impact. You didn't get the news: the Reformation is over. There's no sense in what your army of zombies, with your moldered, dead religion, continues to try and do. You don't seem to understand: we don't buy any of it, never will. If you like charging windmills, though, knock yourself out.

Regrettably, the blind fool will only take your true words as a put down...

Regrettably, the blind fool will only take your true words as a put down...

Though it's not that I meant something not to be a put down, not a gratuitous put down, of course, but there is the rebuke of false prophets and doctrines that is quite real, necessary and deserved. We need not go into the abuses of what has been a monstrous organization in its history, doing excessively dark works of Satan. There is nothing Christian or cute about torture murder, and of people like me, who love the Bible and want freedom of worship as our consciences dictate. This is God given of all mankind, whether Christian or not, the true Christian faith not one of compulsion. It's the way of the Antichrist to compel. It's the way of Muslims, which Catholicism has been getting cozy with of late, a purely antichrist religion from hell. We need not go into all the doctrinal perversions. It's a religion with those fruits, merely declawed now. I know I don't need any advice from them, though they're always shoving that cult in everybody's face.

Danoh

Though it's not that I meant something not to be a put down, not a gratuitous put down, of course, but there is the rebuke of false prophets and doctrines that is quite real, necessary and deserved. We need not go into the abuses of what has been a monstrous organization in its history, doing excessively dark works of Satan. There is nothing Christian or cute about torture murder, and of people like me, who love the Bible and want freedom of worship as our consciences dictate. This is God given of all mankind, whether Christian or not, the true Christian faith not one of compulsion. It's the way of the Antichrist to compel. It's the way of Muslims, which Catholicism has been getting cozy with of late, a purely antichrist religion from hell. We need not go into all the doctrinal perversions. It's a religion with those fruits, merely declawed now. I know I don't need any advice from them, though they're always shoving that cult in everybody's face.

I'm sure you're well aware their followers deny any of those atrocities took place; they don't want to see the truth of these matters.

I'm sure you're well aware their followers deny any of those atrocities took place; they don't want to see the truth of these matters.

I know. According to Catholic librarians, the Dark Ages were all sweetness and light. They really should get more cozy with Muslims. who enjoy holocaust denial. They're like criminals, who think they can edit their rap sheets.

Cruciform

It's not in the bible.
Back to Post #233.

Are you aware that there are creeds in the New Testament?

If God wanted me to say the "apostles' creed" it would have been formulated in scripture.
  • First, your claim here rests entirely upon the 16th-century Protestant assumption of sola scriptura, a notion which is itself nowhere stated in Scripture, and so which directly refutes itself.
  • Second, as I've already posted, the Apostles' Creed is formulated entirely from biblical statements (Post #233), and so you should have no problem reciting it as a Christian. The fact that you do is telling.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

Who formulated it?
The Apostles' Creed was developed beginning with the writings of the early Christians of the 2nd century and those following until it reached its present form in the early 8th century. So, basically, it was developed by the Christian Church of the first millennium.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

turbosixx

The Apostles' Creed was developed beginning with the writings of the early Christians of the 2nd century and those following until it reached its present form in the early 8th century. So, basically, it was developed by the Christian Church of the first millennium.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

That's why I didn't even know it existed. It's not in the bible.

turbosixx

Already answered---and corrected---in Post #311 above.

Wrong. A man put it together, not the apostles, they didn't know anything about it or I would have read about it. You've been drinking the Kool-Aid so long you can't see through the tinted glasses.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Cruciform

Wrong. A man put it together, not the apostles...
Again, your insistence that everything a Christian believes or does must be spelled out explicitly in the Bible is itself nowhere taught in the Bible, and so is simply unbiblical. The Apostles' Creed is a reflection of what Christians have always believed from the beginning down to the present day. It is simply a statement of faith that summarizes the biblical teaching held by believers.

See Post #311 above.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
well the good news is gt got banned
she was about to destroy this thread like she did the other

turbosixx

who put the bible together?

Good point. The bible is a collection of inspired books that is God's word. Yes, the books were brought together but to hand pick verses and put them together to create a creed was all man. I've been a Christian for almost 40 years and know the bible very well. I have never seen the apostles creed in scripture and still don't see it.

I haven't gone over it and don't feel the need to. I'm sure I will agree with most points but to put it together and chant it from memory did not come from scripture.

The apostles often tell us to do this and do that and be imitators of them but no where, no where do I see assembled repetitious chants.

Last edited: