ECT why don't you say the Our Father?

turbosixx

It is simply a statement of faith that summarizes the biblical teaching held by believers.

My statement of faith is the bible. Years ago, I was talking with a Presbyterian who sat on a council in a big city. At that time they were trying to come up with an amendment to their whatever to keep homos from being pastors. I said, why don't you use the bible. He looked at me like I was crazy.

A lot of groups have a statement of faith and they all claim it's bible based but have different beliefs. Your group is no different. Your just another divisor.

Last edited:

geralduk

Was not what is called the Lords prayer given in response to the disciples request that Jesus "teach them to pray?"
Was not his response then to pray after this manner "or pattern?
For Jesus himself taught against the "vain repetition of the heathen "He clearly did not mean then we are to repeat this 'prayer' in like manner of the heathen.
It is also inconceivable that Jess when often up in the mountains praying for how many hours was simply repeating this prayer.
Then it it is as a pattern and an aproach;as well as what our priorities are to be in prayer,
Not a me me me me me and then them at the end praying,
Nor without a foundation of a relationship with God, it is also "OUR father"
That has then in some measure an apreciation that we are part of a body when we come to God in prayer.
I still think that in the Holy of HOLIES there is still only 'one' may enter in.

oatmeal

Was not what is called the Lords prayer given in response to the disciples request that Jesus "teach them to pray?"
For Jesus himself taught against the "vain repetition of the heathen "He clearly did not mean then we are to repeat this 'prayer' in like manner of the heathen.
It is also inconceivable that Jess when often up in the mountains praying for how many hours was simply repeating this prayer.
Then it it is as a pattern and an aproach;as well as what our priorities are to be in prayer,
That has then in some measure an apreciation that we are part of a body when we come to God in prayer.
I still think that in the Holy of HOLIES there is still only 'one' may enter in.

Jesus prayed a rather long prayer in John 17. That prayer falls in line with the pattern set in the so called, "Lord's prayer"

He prays to the Father with the intent that the will of God be done on earth even as it is in heaven.

However, instead of the general pattern he set in the "Lord's prayer," he is specific about what he wants from his Father.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

that is all very interesting
but
we can't tell
if
you say the Our Father

is that too much to ask?

Danoh

my posts are clear
the ones who don't say the Our Father tend to be very vague about it
don't you wonder why?

No, I do not wonder why.

Not in the sense you have posed said "wonder why?"

Yours has often been accusation against those who do not hold to your view on this. Been there, done that, myself.

When, in fact, what this really boils down to is not "do you, or don't you," nor "why, why not" but, the perspective the individual is not only looking at a thing from, but that he believes is a sound perspective from which to look at things from to begin with.

Far too often, never having really examined his perspective, objectively.

You believe where you are looking at this issue from - the RCC - is sound.

I do not. We differ on that.

I believe I have objectively examined my view before adopting it. Where you are on your side of said examining of your own, only you know.

We cannot but differ on the rest.

Til we are somewhat on the same page as to where we are looking at this issue from to begin with, we will differ with one another.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
No, I do not wonder why.

Not in the sense you have posed said "wonder why?"

Yours has often been accusation against those who do not hold to your view on this. Been there, done that, myself.

When, in fact, what this really boils down to is not "do you, or don't you," nor "why, why not" but, the perspective the individual is not only looking at a thing from, but that he believes is a sound perspective from which to look at things from to begin with.

Far too often, never having really examined his perspective, objectively.

You believe where you are looking at this issue from - the RCC - is sound.

I do not. We differ on that.

I believe I have objectively examined my view before adopting it. Where you are on your side of said examining of your own, only you know.

We cannot but differ on the rest.

Til we are somewhat on the same page as to where we are looking at this issue from to begin with, we will differ with one another.

does that mean you don't say the Our Father?

turbosixx

When and why do you say it?

I don't say it because it's a model prayer, I have no command or apostolic example to and I pray from the heart and not memory. Again, been a Christian for almost 40 years and have never seen the "Our Father" in scripture.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
When and why do you say it? I don't say it because it's a model prayer and I pray from the heart and not memory.

I have confession to make. I am not a big on prayer so at least Jesus gave us how to pray. I just pray everyday Lord's prayer so God knows I am not forgetting Him.

I don't understand the fuss so many are making about the Lord's prayer.

I am not a catholic and I don't belong to any organization.

blessings.

turbosixx

I have confession to make. I am not a big on prayer so at least Jesus gave us how to pray. I just pray everyday Lord's prayer so God knows I am not forgetting Him.

I don't understand the fuss so many are making about the Lord's prayer.

I am not a catholic and I don't belong to any organization.

blessings.

The fuss for me is that Jesus said "9"Pray, then, in this way:". Man has taken it and made it a ritual. The apostles never taught anyone to say the "Our Father".

Also, in it Jesus says "thy kingdom come". He said this before it had come but it has already come.

God wants the heart, not ritual.

Danoh

does that mean you don't say the Our Father?

Does that mean you could care less about the need to examine one's views b objectively, and that; by a standard itself objectively determined?

Not that I don't know your answer - the Bible PLUS the RCC's version of objectivity.

You turn that into "who put the Bible together?"

Might as well ask - honestly - what guided Martin Luther away from the RCC's version of "justification"?

The internal evidence - the Scripture itself - reveals it is put together in a coherent order.

In this, one does not need "devine guidance" to guide one in laying the number 1 before 2.

That's just common sense.

Not that any of this will meet with what you need your standard to be.

Of course, now you will pull a Jerry-at-trick again - your version of his habit - "does this mean you don't practice it?"

You believe that is actually helping you determine something.

Its not. Only, you think it is.

turbosixx

our world is round
and
you find that in your bible

The world is not part of my worship.

Am I sinning by not saying the "Our Father" or the "Apostles Creed"?

Had to go to wiki to learn about mass. Most of the things you say are new to me even thought I know the bible very well.

Last edited: