ECT why don't you say the Our Father?

turbosixx

Jesus is the Lord, remember?

The things the apostle taught are as good as Jesus speaking himself.

Jn. 16:12 "I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.

I Cor. 11:23 For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you,

Eph. 2:19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone,

turbosixx

Jesus' word should not be eliminated whatsoever.

I agree, and would never do so.

Jesus got his word the same place the apostle do.

Jn. 12:49 For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak. 50 I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told Me."

2 Tim. 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

The entire bible is in harmony.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I understand the position Jesus holds, he is Lord and Christ. He is our high priest, but his words and the apostles words all come from God. The black letters carry the same weight as the red.

You skip Jesus' word of to pray Lord's prayer because any apostles taught it. You are dismissing Jesus' word over apostles.

turbosixx

You skip Jesus' word of to pray Lord's prayer because any apostles taught it. You are dismissing Jesus' word over apostles.

Ok, I see what you mean. Jesus said "9"Pray, then, in this way:" not this is what you pray.

Also, it's inaccurate. The kingdom has come so we should not be saying "thy kingdom come". I can not in good conscience say "thy kingdom come" since it's already here.

Col. 1:13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus is the Teacher, not any apostles. The are not equal.

NOt any of Jesus' word should be eliminated.

Not ANY of the written Word of God should be rejected. It's
ALL inspired by God. You have let it be known in the past that,
you only trust in Matthew and Mark and have rejected the rest.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Meshak has said that Paul is an "anti-Christ." She doesn't believe his writings
Therefore, she ought not to be posting in this area of the forum.

turbosixx

Meshak has said that Paul is an "anti-Christ." She doesn't believe his writings
Therefore, she ought not to be posting in this area of the forum.

Peter viewed them as scripture.

2 Pt. 3:15.... just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, 16as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Ok, I see what you mean. Jesus said "9"Pray, then, in this way:" not this is what you pray.

Also, it's inaccurate. The kingdom has come so we should not be saying "thy kingdom come". I can not in good conscience say "thy kingdom come" since it's already here.

Col. 1:13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

I disagree with your reasoning and you also twist what Jesus said.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Peter viewed them as scripture.

2 Pt. 3:15.... just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, 16as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Yep. Meshak does not like the Apostle Paul or his writings.

turbosixx

What did Jesus say when He was asked how to pray?

He wasn't asked, this is the sermon on the mount.

You tell me what he said.

NASB 9"Pray, then, in this way
KJV 9 After this manner therefore pray ye:
NIV 9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

Has the kingdom come?