ECT why don't you say the Our Father?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
do you believe Jesus is God?
No. I hold to the theological metaphor that he is the Son of God. And I respect and take very seriously the faith claims to the effect that Jesus is actually God.

But it does not resonate with me. Jesus is the incarnation of God on earth. But he is not God. His life and death point to God's character, however.

Just my opinion. I don't know for sure because I wasn't there. The only information I have is in the New Testament. Just like every other Christian believer.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

thanks for a clear answer
and
that explains a lot
I don't see how you can make sense of all this
if
you don't believe Jesus is God
so
don't be surprised we can't understand your position
it will never make sense to us
if
you don't believe Jesus is God

turbosixx

Sure you have, right here.

It's not in the bible.

CREED noun

3. an authoritative, formulated statement of the chief articles of Christian belief, as the Apostles' Creed, the Nicene Creed, or the Athanasian Creed.

That is something man has put together. If God wanted me to say the "apostles' creed" it would have been formulated in scripture.

I'm not sure where it came from what you do with it because the bible doesn't tell me anything about it. I assume it's just another repetitive chant.

Last edited:

God's Truth

It seems to me that if you take the "Lord's Prayer" seriously, you cannot assert that only by making a bloody sacrifice of Jesus can you be forgiven from sin.

John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.

The Our Father tells us this is not an option for forgiveness of self and others.

The Gospel of John, Paul's letters and the metaphoric act of drinking Jesus' blood and eating his flesh are the parts in the Bible that take a clear stance toward the blood sacrifice framework.

The actual fully realized theology was first worked out by Anselm of Canterbury about 900 years after Jesus died.

You are badly mistaken and deny the Truth.

turbosixx

Jesus was always Lord and Christ.

John 6:69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

I see what your saying, but his mission wasn't complete when Peter said this. Yes, he chose to be the Messiah but until he offered himself as the blood sacrifice, he was a man?

Heb. 2:9 But we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone.

Acts 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know- 23 this Man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put Him to death.......32 This Jesus God raised up again, to which we are all witnesses. 33Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God,........36Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ-this Jesus whom you crucified."

If that doesn't make sense, then help me to understand why he needed to die if he was Lord and Christ before his D,B and R.

turbosixx

We have God's kingdom inside us when we drink Jesus' blood and eat his flesh; we are then given the Holy Spirit. That is when we enter the realm of the Spirit. We are seated with Christ, even while we are living on this earth.

"He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son," Colossians 1:13

I agree we are Christ's kingdom and we are seated with him while we are living on this earth.

God's Truth

I see what your saying, but his mission wasn't complete when Peter said this. Yes, he chose to be the Messiah but until he offered himself as the blood sacrifice, he was a man?
Of course, his mission was not complete until he died on the cross.

What do you mean he chose to be the Messiah?

Don't you believe that Jesus came from heaven?

Don't you believe that Jesus is God come in the flesh as a Son of Man?

If that doesn't make sense, then help me to understand why he needed to die if he was Lord and Christ before his D,B and R.

How do you think he did not need to die then?

Do you understand about the blood covenant?

turbosixx

What do you mean he chose to be the Messiah?
Then who made him do it?

Don't you believe that Jesus came from heaven?
Yes

Don't you believe that Jesus is God come in the flesh as a Son of Man?
Yes

How do you think he did not need to die then?
If he was mans savior before his D,B &R, then why did he need to die?

Do you understand about the blood covenant?
Yes

God's Truth

Then who made him do it?

Yes

Yes

If he was mans savior before his D,B &R, then why did he need to die?

Yes

Jesus is God come as a Son of Man. God choose to come as a Son of Man, and God as the Man Jesus chose to die for the sins of the world.

Jesus had to die to reconcile us to God.

The shedding of blood is how we have forgiveness of sins and when the Spirit of God lives in our heart.

turbosixx

Jesus is God come as a Son of Man. God choose to come as a Son of Man, and God as the Man Jesus chose to die for the sins of the world.

The shedding of blood is how we have forgiveness of sins and when the Spirit of God lives in our heart.

I agree with all of that.

Danoh

Amen!

Now quit adding your works to it :bang:

God's Truth

People think we are saved by having faith and that it has nothing to do with obeying Jesus. People think that because they were taught wrong. Paul is misunderstood as saying faith and nothing...when Paul was speaking about our being cleaned by Jesus' blood is by faith and nothing else such as circumcision.

We have to obey Jesus to be saved and to stay saved.

turbosixx

People think we are saved by having faith and that it has nothing to do with obeying Jesus. People think that because they were taught wrong. Paul is misunderstood as saying faith and nothing...when Paul was speaking about our being cleaned by Jesus' blood is by faith and nothing else such as circumcision.

We have to obey Jesus to be saved and to stay saved.

Where they are mistaken, is that Paul was speaking about a specific set of works. That's why he says "works of the law", it's not works in general. If people will honesty look at the context it's clear Paul is talking about works of the Mosaical law which did not have a provision to save.

God's Truth

Where they are mistaken, is that Paul was speaking about a specific set of works.

The Jews used to have to make themselves clean on their own.

They would make themselves clean by doing a list of works.

These are the works that the Jews had to do to make themselves clean, righteous, and justified before God:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

No one has to do those works to clean themselves anymore...all we have to do is have faith, believe that Jesus' blood cleans us.

As always, we still have to obey God.

That's why he says "works of the law", it's not works in general.

Right; for obeying God is what saves, even when God says get circumcised, and sacrifice animals.

Obeying God saves us, and God tells us we no longer have to work at cleaning ourselves because Jesus now does that for us.