Why Calvinist Cannot Defend Their Doctrine of a Limited Atonement

beloved57

God chose all of humanity in his Son Jesus Christ.

False Witness ! God Only Loved and chose Israel, a elect people apart from all others !

Deut 7:6-7

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

Robert Pate

Banned
False Witness ! God Only Loved and chose Israel, a elect people apart from all others !

Deut 7:6-7

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

"God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:13.

Right out of the mouth of Jesus. You want to believe that Jesus was a liar.

beloved57

"God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:13.

Right out of the mouth of Jesus. You want to believe that Jesus was a liar.

You dont believe or understand Jn 3:16 since you dont believe TULIP the Gospel !

Brother Ducky

Even though I post as to what some would call a refutation of Calvinism, that is not true. If someone has called upon the name of the Lord for salvation is that not all that is required? Are not all other things insignificant in comparison to knowing Christ Jesus our Lord. So yes, Calvinists who call upon the name of the Lord are my brothers and sisters. Though I do not know if that would be reciprocated.

To echo AMR, of course. Most Reformed folk do not hold that life eternal lies in being Reformed. We see Reformed thought as being the best explanation of the whole of Scripture, but not that those holding other views are outside the faith. In this forum the salvation of the Reformed is much more questioned than the other way around.

Robert Pate

Banned
You don't believe it, you do not believe the Gospel!

Here is what the "Historical Gospel" does.

It justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5.

It reconciles us and the world unto God. 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

It makes sinners righteous, Romans 5:17.

It makes us free from sin, Romans 6:22.

It makes God our Father, Romans 8:15.

It brings us the Holy Spirit, Galatians 3:2.

It delivers us from the law, Galatians 5:1.

It gives us eternal life, Ephesians 2:8.

Now tell us what your Calvinist Gospel does?

Last edited:

beloved57

Here is what the "Historical Gospel" does.

It justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5.

It reconciles us and the world unto God. 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

It makes sinners righteous, Romans 5:17.

It makes us free from sin, Romans 6:22.

It makes God our Father, Romans 8:15.

It brings us the Holy Spirit, Galatians 3:2.

It delivers us from the law, Galatians 5:1.

It gives us eternal life, Ephesians 2:8.

Now tell us what you Calvinist Gospel does?

You don't believe the Gospel, you don't believe the Truths of Tulip!

Robert Pate

Banned
You don't believe the Gospel, you don't believe the Truths of Tulip!

Same old cliche... "You don't believe the Gospel, you don't believe TULIP".

I always know when I got the best of you.

You can't refute what I say, so, you make false accusations.

If you had the truth, which you don't, you would be able to refute me. You can't.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
B57 wouldn't.

We can always find those odd ducks that are outside the camp. Even in this thread Robert Pate consigns all Calvinists to eternal damnation. So what is the point?

As BD noted above, you will have to look very hard, especially at TOL, to find the Reformed declaring all non-Reformed lost, hell-bound, and sin-bent. Yet, not a week passes that someone here and about declares the Calvinist or the Reformed on the road to Hell.

So let's be more honest with the topic and not tee up the oddballs here and about as representative of the majority in one camp or the other. Unfortunately those with minority views are often the most vocal. The casual observer of their rhetoric can mistake them as representing a broader group of believers. They do not and anyone with a modicum of discernment should know better and not simply pile on to the nonsense of others.

It is very serious to declare someone professing the faith as not possessing the faith without a great deal of direct discussion with he or she. And even after much discussion, such a declaration should be made only with the gravest forethought, prayer, and counsel with the community of saints.

At best we can only speak in broad generalities, such as "Mormons, Arians, and JWs are not Christians."

AMR

Brother Ducky

There is 0 in the Canons of Dort about how God justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

So how can you say all of the above?

What makes you think the Canons of Dort are the end-all and be-all of Reformed thought?

And it seems to me that you do not hold to universal justification or universal reconciliation since you do correctly hold that not all are saved. Sounds a bit limited to me.

Cedarbay

Even though I post as to what some would call a refutation of Calvinism, that is not true. If someone has called upon the name of the Lord for salvation is that not all that is required? Are not all other things insignificant in comparison to knowing Christ Jesus our Lord. So yes, Calvinists who call upon the name of the Lord are my brothers and sisters. Though I do not know if that would be reciprocated.
I regret pouncing on you for the anti-Calvin cite you posted.

The older I get the less I want to judge the profession/confession of faith of another. (See AMR's post #159)

I have found the fullness of faith, according to Scripture, in the Reformed tradition, as it is laid out in the historical creeds and confessions, etc. I try not to use the acronym TULIP so much because, the foundation of TULIP is vast and can easily be misunderstood and then judged negatively.

Robert Pate

Banned
We can always find those odd ducks that are outside the camp. Even in this thread Robert Pate consigns all Calvinists to eternal damnation. So what is the point?

As BD noted above, you will have to look very hard, especially at TOL, to find the Reformed declaring all non-Reformed lost, hell-bound, and sin-bent. Yet, not a week passes that someone here and about declares the Calvinist or the Reformed on the road to Hell.

So let's be more honest with the topic and not tee up the oddballs here and about as representative of the majority in one camp or the other. Unfortunately those with minority views are often the most vocal. The casual observer of their rhetoric can mistake them as representing a broader group of believers. They do not and anyone with a modicum of discernment should know better and not simply pile on to the nonsense of others.

It is very serious to declare someone professing the faith as not possessing the faith without a great deal of direct discussion with he or she. And even after much discussion, such a declaration should be made only with the gravest forethought, prayer, and counsel with the community of saints.

At best we can only speak in broad generalities, such as "Mormons, Arians, and JWs are not Christians."

AMR

There are serious consequences in store for those who reject the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ.

That was God's only begotten Son dying on the cross for the sins of the world, 1 John 2:2.

Woe unto you that pervert the Gospel. It would be better for you that you were never born.

You cannot reject the scriptures that tell us Christ died for the sins of the whole world and expect to go to heaven.