Why Calvinist Cannot Defend Their Doctrine of a Limited Atonement

Robert Pate

Banned
How do you decide that one has done this, Robert?

Do you think a Lutheran is idolatrous, or a Methodist, or a Wesleyan, due to their statements of faith?

Jesus said... "Where your heart is there also is your treasure"

Whatever you embrace or talk about the most is your God.

Cedarbay

Jesus said... "Where your heart is there also is your treasure"

Whatever you embrace or talk about the most is your God.
So, you are still judging what is in the heart of another, right? You are judging that by their words and actions, no?

Shall I judge you to be an unbeliever or an idolater because you believe in universal atonement?

Or, shall I judge your salvation in Christ because of the number of hours you are on TOL hollering about Calvin? Is this your idol?

Robert Pate

Banned
So, you are still judging what is in the heart of another, right? You are judging that by their words and actions, no?

Shall I judge you to be an unbeliever or an idolater because you believe in universal atonement?

Or, shall I judge your salvation in Christ because of the number of hours you are on TOL hollering about Calvin? Is this your idol?

Idolatery is the worship of false Gods or things related to false religions.

The Bible does not support Calvinism. There is not one scripture in the whole Bible about anyone being predestinated to heaven or to hell. It is a false man conceived religion.

Therefore it is idolatery.

Christians are called to uphold Christ and his Gospel. I will continue to refute this false religion until there is no longer any breath in me.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tulip is nothing but an incorrect formula describing the Gospel

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/raised-to-life/Articles/Cult.html

You really need to read the article, over and over and over and over.

It may be your last chance to come to the truth.

Since we are pointing to others, compare the above linked screed to the following:

http://www.the-highway.com/calvinism-gospel_Cervinka.html

The discerning will note the difference in rhetoric, even if disagreeing with the premises.

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your article was written by a Calvinist and is not according to scripture.
Did you read it? I read the one linked by BR. I suspect that was written by someone who is not a Calvinist, but it was posted by the angelfire domain that permits anonymous content, so who knows what the background of the author of that item contains.

If we delight in the Word of God, we cannot help but be full of joy in God's redemptive plan for the totally unable sinner, including God's unconditional choices of particular persons given to and for redemption by our Lord Jesus Christ; a redeemed whose eyes and hearts were overwhelmingly opened by the grace of the Holy Spirit such that they will continue in the faith to their final glory.

I am very pleased that it is God who is doing the choosing, for we are not fit to be our own choosers, in that when we get our own will, it has been our ruin (Psalm 78:29); and the best of the saints getting the reins of their destinies in their own hands, have set all on fire. ;)

AMR

Last edited:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Even though I post as to what some would call a refutation of Calvinism, that is not true. If someone has called upon the name of the Lord for salvation is that not all that is required? Are not all other things insignificant in comparison to knowing Christ Jesus our Lord. So yes, Calvinists who call upon the name of the Lord are my brothers and sisters. Though I do not know if that would be reciprocated.

Nanja

Even though I post as to what some would call a refutation of Calvinism, that is not true. If someone has called upon the name of the Lord for salvation is that not all that is required? Are not all other things insignificant in comparison to knowing Christ Jesus our Lord. So yes, Calvinists who call upon the name of the Lord are my brothers and sisters. Though I do not know if that would be reciprocated.

According to your faulty understanding, BR, if a person calls upon the name of the Lord that results in Salvation.

But see, no matter what a person does while still in the flesh it can never please God Rom. 8:7-8.

First God quickens / make Spiritually Alive a Chosen Adopted Son Eph. 1:4-5,
then he shall call upon the name of the Lord in a way that pleases God Ps. 80:18 KJV!

So if any person claims he was Saved by his calling on the name of the Lord,
then he is saying he was saved because of what he did. That's works salvation Eph 2:8-9.

Salvation is exclusively by God's Electing Grace 2 Tim. 2:10; Rom. 11:5.

Eph. 1:6, 11 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
(v.11) In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose
of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will

~~~~~

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
According to your faulty understanding, BR, if a person calls upon the name of the Lord that results in Salvation.

But see, no matter what a person does while still in the flesh it can never please God Rom. 8:7-8.

First God quickens / make Spiritually Alive a Chosen Adopted Son Eph. 1:4-5,
then he shall call upon the name of the Lord in a way that pleases God Ps. 80:18 KJV!

So if any person claims he was Saved by his calling on the name of the Lord,
then he is saying he was saved because of what he did. That's works salvation Eph 2:8-9.

Salvation is exclusively by God's Electing Grace 2 Tim. 2:10; Rom. 11:5.

Eph. 1:6, 11 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
(v.11) In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose
of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will

~~~~~
It is people like you and B57 that give Calvinism a bad name. You believe in a formula, not grace.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are rejecting the Gospel of Gods Grace in Christ, speaking against it!

Get real. You take away the ability of mankind to be saved through you formula. Through your belief you work against the will of God.

2 Peter 3:9 New King James Version (NKJV)

9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

beloved57

Get real. You take away the ability of mankind to be saved through you formula. Through your belief you work against the will of God.

2 Peter 3:9 New King James Version (NKJV)

9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
You don't believe that scripture if you don't believe it from the framework of Tulip!

Robert Pate

Banned
Did you read it? I read the one linked by BR. I suspect that was written by someone who is not a Calvinist, but it was posted by the angelfire domain that permits anonymous content, so who knows what the background of the author of that item contains.

If we delight in the Word of God, we cannot help but be full of joy in God's redemptive plan for the totally unable sinner, including God's unconditional choices of particular persons given to and for redemption by our Lord Jesus Christ; a redeemed whose eyes and hearts were overwhelmingly opened by the grace of the Holy Spirit such that they will continue in the faith to their final glory.

I am very pleased that it is God who is doing the choosing, for we are not fit to be our own choosers, in that when we get our own will, it has been our ruin (Psalm 78:29); and the best of the saints getting the reins of their destinies in their own hands, have set all on fire. ;)

AMR

God chose all of humanity in his Son Jesus Christ.