Who will answer my questions?

oatmeal

There ya go, folks, Jesus is nothing more than a General in God's army. This is actually how far they'll go to deny their Lord and Saviour. :nono:

That is a prime example of why your theology is so faulty.

I have not used the word "general" or "army" in this discussion.

In fact, I would be surprised if I ever used those terms in reference to Jesus Christ.

No wonder you are comfortable with non scriptural terms like trinity, triune, Godman, fully God/fully man and all the rest of your fantasies.

Could you point out where I have ever denied the lord Jesus Christ and his accomplishments that he lovingly and humbly obeyed his God and Father to achieve?

I have not, why the false accusations?

Will you ever look at scripture honestly without twisting them to suit your pet theology?

You can, if you want to.

So why have you not taken Nehemiah 9:27 into consideration beforehand?

Well, now would be a good time to add Nehemiah 9:27 into your thinking

Oh, isn't Jesus Christ going to do battle with the forces of evil in the events of the book of Revelation?

Just a question, I do not spend a lot of time reading the book of Revelation. Matthew 6:34

Last edited:

oatmeal

You said Jesus was called a god.

Now tell me how many King of kings there are.

Like I said in a previous post, I do not know, I have not looked into that let alone studied that.

Seems like you have, could you list all the scriptures that make a reference to that phrase or similar ones?

I would appreciate the opportunity to learn what you have learned on this subject.

God's Truth

Like I said in a previous post, I do not know, I have not looked into that let alone studied that.

Seems like you have, could you list all the scriptures that make a reference to that phrase or similar ones?

I would appreciate the opportunity to learn what you have learned on this subject.

Okay that sounds really good.

God the Father is called King of kings.

1 Timothy 6:15 which God will bring about in his own time--God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,

Did you read that scripture?

Do you agree that it is about God the Father?

Now read this scripture:

Revelation 17:14
They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”

That scripture says the Lamb, Jesus Christ, is King of kings.

It proves Jesus is God the Father.

They are the same.

oatmeal

Okay that sounds really good.

God the Father is called King of kings.

1 Timothy 6:15 which God will bring about in his own time--God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,

Did you read that scripture?

Do you agree that it is about God the Father?

Now read this scripture:

Revelation 17:14
They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”

That scripture says the Lamb, Jesus Christ, is King of kings.

It proves Jesus is God the Father.

They are the same.

Actually it does not

Simply because the same phrase is used of both of them, (if indeed it is used of both of them, I have not looked at them closely enough to sort that out) does not mean one is identical to the other.

Let me give you an example why that logical could lead to error.

Is God referred to as a shepherd? Yes, Psalm 23 is one place

Is the son of God referred to as a shepherd? Yes, in John 10

Does that mean that God is the son of God? Nope, that is a faulty conclusion.

Why?

Because if that is true then David being a shepherd, by that same logic must be God as well, wouldn't he be?

What about Abraham, and Isaac and Jacob, were they not keepers of sheep?

Would that make them God as well?

Did not some of the children of Israel keep sheep?

If both God and Jesus Christ being shepherds make them one and the same, then all shepherds, if you choose to use that logic, must be God as well! or for that matter, God is not really God but rather just a shepherd!

Which is it? Is the logic faulty or are all shepherds God?

It is likewise interesting that Jesus Christ is referred to as the Lamb of God in several books and passages.

Is God a lamb or is God spirit as Jesus spake of in John 4:24

God is spirit

Jesus Christ is the lamb of God, yet he also refers to himself as a shepherd

Wasn't Jesus actually a laborer, a carpenter, like Joseph, why would he call himself a shepherd?

Last edited:

oatmeal

The earthly ministry of Jesus Christ was under the law, even as Jesus Christ was busy fulfilling it during his earthly ministry.

We are in grace, not under the law Galatians 2:21

Shouldn't the Gospels be classified in the Old Testament rather than the New?

Jesus Christ was the end of the law for righteousness.

We receive righteousness by grace, not by the doing of the law.

The Gospels is associated with the law of Moses.

Jesus Christ's fulfilling of the law allowed for a new administration to become available, something far different than the law of Moses. So many Judeans objected to grace, they wished to remain under the law, even Judeans who got born again.

Why not be consistent and refer to the gospels as Old Testament?

God's Truth

The earthly ministry of Jesus Christ was under the law, even as Jesus Christ was busy fulfilling it during his earthly ministry.

We are in grace, not under the law Galatians 2:21

Shouldn't the Gospels be classified in the Old Testament rather than the New?

Jesus Christ was the end of the law for righteousness.

We receive righteousness by grace, not by the doing of the law.

The Gospels is associated with the law of Moses.

Jesus Christ's fulfilling of the law allowed for a new administration to become available, something far different than the law of Moses. So many Judeans objected to grace, they wished to remain under the law, even Judeans who got born again.

Why not be consistent and refer to the gospels as Old Testament?

Under grace and not under law means that we don't have to clean ourselves because Jesus' blood now does.

God's Truth

Actually it does not

Simply because the same phrase is used of both of them, (if indeed it is used of both of them, I have looked at them closely enough to sort that out) does not mean one is identical to the other.

Let me give you an example why that logical could lead to error.

Is God referred to as a shepherd? Yes, Psalm 23 is one place

Is the son of God referred to as a shepherd? Yes, in John 10

Does that mean that God is the son of God? Nope, that is a faulty conclusion.

Why?

Because if that is true then David being a shepherd, by that same logic must be God as well, wouldn't he be?

What about Abraham, and Isaac and Jacob, were they not keepers of sheep?

Would that make them God as well?

Did not some of the children of Israel keep sheep?

If both God and Jesus Christ being shepherds make them one and the same, then all shepherds, if you choose to use that logic, must be God as well! or for that matter, God is not really God but rather just a shepherd!

Which is it? Is the logic faulty or are all shepherds God?

It is likewise interesting that Jesus Christ is referred to as the Lamb of God in several books and passages.

Is God a lamb or is God spirit as Jesus spake of in John 4:24

God is spirit

Jesus Christ is the lamb of God, yet he also refers to himself as a shepherd

Wasn't Jesus actually a laborer, a carpenter, like Joseph, why would he call himself a shepherd?

Shame on you. You used the words of the doubters---is this not the carpenter's son?

Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. Not Abraham, nor Moses, or anyone is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world once and for all.

Stop fighting against the Lord.

glorydaz

You can, if you want to.

So why have you not taken Nehemiah 9:27 into consideration beforehand?

Well, now would be a good time to add Nehemiah 9:27 into your thinking

Fine, let's look. The entire book of Judges is filled with examples of God delivering Israel from the tyranny of the Moabites, the Canaanites, and others by sending men like Gideon to deliverer them.

Nehemiah 9:27
Therefore thou deliveredst them into the hand of their enemies, who vexed them: and in the time of their trouble, when they cried unto thee, thou heardest them from heaven; and according to thy manifold mercies thou gavest them saviours, who saved them out of the hand of their enemies.​

Are you seriously trying to compare being delivered from hardships in this world by Gideon (a "general" in the army God raised up) to the Lord Jesus Christ?

2 Timothy 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Fine, let's look. The entire book of Judges is filled with examples of God delivering Israel from the tyranny of the Moabites, the Canaanites, and others by sending men like Gideon to deliverer them.

Therefore thou deliveredst them into the hand of their enemies, who vexed them: and in the time of their trouble, when they cried unto thee, thou heardest them from heaven; and according to thy manifold mercies thou gavest them saviours, who saved them out of the hand of their enemies.​

Are you seriously trying to compare being delivered from hardships in this world by Gideon (a "general" in the army God raised up) to the Lord Jesus Christ?

2 Timothy 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Who was the commander of the army of the LORD in Joshua 5:14?

https://www.gotquestions.org/commander-army-Lord.html

oatmeal

Good for you.

You looked it up and read it.

Were the people that God gave saviors?

Yes, they were.

Since you like to quote I Timothy 2:3 and point out "God our savior" it seems appropriate that you likewise learn that God is not the only savior.

God is most certainly the author and source of all salvation, but that does not exclude the truth that God can and does delegate that responsibility to humans including Jesus Christ.

Of course, Jesus Christ did the greatest work a human could do to do God's will regarding being a savior to His people, but that does not negate the truth that God is in the business of giving saviors for the benefit of His people.

Yes, I do compare Gideon to Jesus Christ, both were sent by God to do saving works.

As were all the others God gave.

Did not both Gideon and Jesus Christ accomplish the goal God gave them?

Would God ever send you or me to do something that would save another person?

He has given me that responsibility and I do what I can to fulfill it.

It is certainly not dramatic or noteworthy like Gideon, but I can make a difference in people's lives if they want to be loved and want to learn.

oatmeal

Shame on you. You used the words of the doubters---is this not the carpenter's son?

Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. Not Abraham, nor Moses, or anyone is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world once and for all.

Stop fighting against the Lord.

Get a life! John 10:10