Who will answer my questions?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Hey man....

Is anybody else catchin' les beaux commentating Monday Night Football?

Un? natural man :jawdrop:

Last edited:

Truster

The earthly ministry of Jesus Christ was under the law, even as Jesus Christ was busy fulfilling it during his earthly ministry.

We are in grace, not under the law Galatians 2:21

Shouldn't the Gospels be classified in the Old Testament rather than the New?

Jesus Christ was the end of the law for righteousness.

We receive righteousness by grace, not by the doing of the law.

The Gospels is associated with the law of Moses.

Jesus Christ's fulfilling of the law allowed for a new administration to become available, something far different than the law of Moses. So many Judeans objected to grace, they wished to remain under the law, even Judeans who got born again.

Why not be consistent and refer to the gospels as Old Testament?

The problem occurs when you use the term gospel instead of evangelism and promise in place of pre-evangelism.

oatmeal

How do you ever get that scripture disproves what I said?

How do you ever get I was trying to disprove what you said.

I really don't like to argue, but I do like to present scripture uninterpreted.

In this case I am glad that I agreed with you and could provide supportive scripture.

This is much simpler than trying to or thinking how I should unravel someone's error.

Truster

Because you don't understand what was conveyed by the word evangelism. The substance is wrung out by substituting evangel with gospel. All other european translations that were translated from the original languages have gone with the transliteration.

A few examples:

Afrikans = Die begin van die evangelie van Jesus Christus, die Seun van God.

Croatian= Početak Evanđelja Isusa Krista Sina Božjega.

Czech= Počátek evangelium Ježíše Krista, Syna Božího

Danish= Jesu Kristi, Guds Søns, Evangeliums Begyndelse er således

Dutch= Het begin des Evangelies van JEZUS CHRISTUS, den Zoon van God

French= Commencement de l'Évangile de Jésus Christ, Fils de Dieu.

German= Dies ist der Anfang des Evangeliums von Jesus Christus.

There could not have been an equivalent word in any other language to translate.

Realistically, if gospel meant the same as evangelism the we would have a term gospelist's, but we don't.

God's Truth

How do you ever get I was trying to disprove what you said.

I really don't like to argue, but I do like to present scripture uninterpreted.

In this case I am glad that I agreed with you and could provide supportive scripture.

This is much simpler than trying to or thinking how I should unravel someone's error.

Did you lose focus on what we were discussing?

oatmeal

It's really quite embarrassing for you that you don't understand what it means to be a mediator, especially one between man and God. But to carry on this way is like taking out a sign on 5th Avenue that reads, "Oatmeal's brain is officially MUSH".

Job 9:32-33

For He is not a man, as I am,
That I may answer Him,
And that we should go to court together.
Nor is there any mediator between us,
Who may lay his hand on us both.

Then, to add to your embarrassment, Timothy surrounds your verse with this:

3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.​

Is there a red haze over your eyes, too, Oats, that you can't read what is clearly written?

For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment.

33 Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both.

Who is not a man as I am? God is not a man. God is one of the parties.

Who is the other party? Job is a man, he is the other party.

Who is the daysman, the mediator in these verses?

There is no daysman, no mediator in this passage, in the time of those events.

Why not?

Because Jesus Christ did not exist at that time, he was in God's plan in His mind, but no woman yet believed as Mary would hundreds of years later.

There was no mediator until God gave that job to His son, the man Christ Jesus.

Did God make the right choice?

Yes, God made the right choice

As for I Timothy 2:3-6
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Could you do a better job of following who specifically is being referred to in specific phrases?

Yes, you could.

Did you know that God delegates power and authority to those He delegates responsibility to? Yes, I showed you that God does that by showing you Nehemiah 9:27

Of course God is our savior.

And so is Jesus Christ because God told him to do that. After all, Jesus Christ always did his Father's will, Jesus Christ did not do his own will, but always did the Father's will.

His God and his Father and our God and our Father wanted Jesus Christ to do the works that would bring to pass our redemption and salvation, so what did Jesus do?

a. his own thing

b. the will of his God and Father.

Thus by carrying out his Father's will, Jesus Christ became the agent of our salvation and redemption, God being the author, the source of our salvation and redemption.

Why is the OT law called the law of Moses?

a. because Moses authored it

b. because God gave it to Moses to give to the people

Why is Jesus called our savior?

a. Because he originated it by doing his own will

b. because he lovingly and humbly did the Father's will to do the legwork to bring redemption and salvation to us.

oatmeal

glorydaz

I see that my reply was too much for you.

You didn't bother with context or reason.

But with personal attacks.

Yes, you at a loss to answer my post

glorydaz

There was no mediator until God gave that job to His son, the man Christ Jesus.

glorydaz

I see that my reply was too much for you.

You didn't bother with context or reason.

But with personal attacks.

Yes, you at a loss to answer my post

Yes, I am at a loss as to how to answer your post.

So, is it possible for you to have a son who is a donkey? :think:

oatmeal

Yes, I am at a loss as to how to answer your post.

So, is it possible for you to have a son who is a donkey? :think:

Interesting question.

Why would you think that I could have a son who is a donkey?

Have you had a son who is a donkey?

Are you suggesting that God is wrong to refer to His son as a man, as He does many times in scripture?

Matthew 3:9

And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Luke 3:8

Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Have you not read that God is able of stones to raise up children unto Abraham

Since God is able of stones to raise up children unto Abraham, how would you describe those children?

a. stones

b. children unto Abraham

Why would you doubt that God is able to have a son that is a son of God, that is human?

Are you not a son of God and human?

I John 3:1-2

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Luke 4:1

And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,

Romans 8:14

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

I am thankful for the teachers of God's word that taught me scripture and how it fits together perfectly

oatmeal

:chuckle:

Mock on. You have not and cannot answer my questions scripturally

If you tried you would have to admit that your threeology is wrong.

Evidently, you do think God is wrong to refer to His son as a man.

Why do you think God is in error?

For that matter, isn't God God? and you are not?

Why do you judge God?

Why not learn from God instead of you trying to teach him?

It is time for you, as James 1:21 says, "Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls."

Although I believe you are saved spiritually, what you need as far as saving your soul, that is aligning your life with the word of God, is to be meek to the word of God, not wasting your time with vain and erroneous theologies.

Last edited: