Who will answer my questions?

God's Truth

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth
Most people do not agree with me.

Because, what you say, is not inline with the scriptures and the evangelism that alone has the power to save.

PS I didn't peek at your post, but couldn't help seeing it quoted.

Yours is a voice crying out from the pit, not the wilderness.

You are the worker of Satan.

You are his messenger.

God's Truth

Although Jesus is referred to as God by God in Hebrews 1:8, God refers to many different people, etc as God, some of those occurrences are

Exodus 7:1 KJV

And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

Psalm 82:1,6

1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Of course, those that God chose to represent him are referred to as gods.

and where Jesus quotes the OT where God refers to people as Gods or gods.

John 10:33-38

The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

It is revealing that it was the unbelieving Jews that thought Jesus was claiming to be God, although we could understand that as being a representative of God.

Most certainly, the son of God who always did the Father's will would be a perfect representative of his Father.

As we continue to examine this record, we see Jesus correcting the unbelieving Jews for their assumptions.

Jesus basically tells them, I claim to be the son of God, you assume I am claiming to be God.

The same scenario is being played over and over and over again today with the trinitarians and the like.

The record in John 10 should correct their false assumption, namely that Jesus is God, but Jesus corrects you even today with the same words:

Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Who does Jesus say he is?

If he was God why would God have to sanctify him?

The problems that the false doctrine of the trinity cause are enormous.

You have to basically throw out scripture after scripture, that you might keep your tradition.

I am no perfect believer or even noteworthy, but I do endeavor to take all scripture into account before drawing any conclusions.

Yes, indeed Jesus is called by shepherd even as God refers to himself as a shepherd.

Are you implying that everyone who is a shepherd is God as well?

You might want to ask yourself if that is good logic.

David was a shepherd, is he God?

His family were shepherds, were they God?

Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were shepherds, are they God as well?

Like I said false doctrines cause more problems than you could shake a bundle of sticks at.

What would you have God refer to His son who always did God's will as?

Did your father give you a different surname than his? or did your father let you have the same last name as his?

My last name is the same as my father's, I am a chip off the old block, I did not fall from him.

I did not always do his will, yet he allowed me to keep his name.

Why wouldn't God name His son with His own name?

Jesus has the name King of kings, and Lord of lords. He also has the name First and Last.

Show were Moses was called those things.

Show where it is said that Moses came from heaven.

oatmeal

Jesus has the name King of kings, and Lord of lords. He also has the name First and Last.

Show were Moses was called those things.

Show where it is said that Moses came from heaven.

Why?

IF you don't believe the verses I have showed you, you won't believe anything, even if Moses rose from the dead to show you

oatmeal

It's really quite embarrassing for you that you don't understand what it means to be a mediator, especially one between man and God. But to carry on this way is like taking out a sign on 5th Avenue that reads, "Oatmeal's brain is officially MUSH".

Job 9:32-33

For He is not a man, as I am,
That I may answer Him,
And that we should go to court together.
Nor is there any mediator between us,
Who may lay his hand on us both.

Then, to add to your embarrassment, Timothy surrounds your verse with this:

3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.​

Is there a red haze over your eyes, too, Oats, that you can't read what is clearly written?

You are very adept as sidestepping the issue.

Who is the He in Job 9:32?

Ok, Mrs Context, why do you leave out I Timothy 2:4-5?

Who initiated our salvation?

See Genesis 3:15

God? or the seed of the woman?

Who carried out God's will to accomplish our salvation? Hint, the one who always did the Father's will.

Who are the other saviors that God gave to Israel in Nehemiah 9:27?

Therefore thou deliveredst them into the hand of their enemies, who vexed them: and in the time of their trouble, when they cried unto thee, thou heardest them from heaven; and according to thy manifold mercies thou gavest them saviours, who saved them out of the hand of their enemies.

Did they save Israel out of the hand of their enemies?

Did Jesus Christ in doing God's will likewise save those who believe out of the hand of our enemies?

God's Truth

Why?

IF you don't believe the verses I have showed you, you won't believe anything, even if Moses rose from the dead to show you

I believe all the scriptures. You have scriptures where mere men were called 'gods'.

Now why don't you want to look at the scriptures where one god was given a name above all the other gods?

Last edited:

oatmeal

I believe all the scriptures. You have scriptures where mere men were called 'gods'.

Now why don't you want to look at the scriptures where one god was given a name above all the other gods?

There is no such scripture. Jesus is the son of God, not God the son.

God's Truth

There is no such scripture. Jesus is the son of God, not God the son.

You argued that Jesus was god the Son. So why did God give god the Son the name above all names?

John 10:33

The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

glorydaz

You are very adept as sidestepping the issue.

Who is the He in Job 9:32?

Ok, Mrs Context, why do you leave out I Timothy 2:4-5?

Who initiated our salvation?

See Genesis 3:15

God? or the seed of the woman?

Who carried out God's will to accomplish our salvation? Hint, the one who always did the Father's will.

Who are the other saviors that God gave to Israel in Nehemiah 9:27?

Therefore thou deliveredst them into the hand of their enemies, who vexed them: and in the time of their trouble, when they cried unto thee, thou heardest them from heaven; and according to thy manifold mercies thou gavest them saviours, who saved them out of the hand of their enemies.

Did they save Israel out of the hand of their enemies?

Did Jesus Christ in doing God's will likewise save those who believe out of the hand of our enemies?

Golly, Oats is frantically grasping at straws.

Who can blame him.....he sinking.

glorydaz

The difference between us and Jesus is he didn't sin,

By the way insulting people doesn't do anything, but if you feel the need to do so to me, carry on, luckily you're not my judge.

No, I'm not your judge, but the very ONE you refuse to acknowledge as Lord God and Saviour is. :nono:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am glad that I make people think of John. What an honor.
Another example of how self-absorbed you are, lady. The point that you are not so endued, nor were leaping in your Mother's womb, escapes you in your self-absorption, and should drive you to repentance at the mere thought of assuming "honor". Instead, reveling in your minorities, you press blindly onward in your manifest error.

AMR

oatmeal

You argued that Jesus was god the Son. So why did God give god the Son the name above all names?

John 10:33

Thanks for misreading what I wrote or catching a typo somewhere.

Scripture never refers to Jesus Christ as "God the Son"

Scripture does refer to Jesus Christ as "son of God" about 50 times

The evidence clearly shows that Jesus Christ is not "God the Son" but "the son of God"

oatmeal

Golly, Oats is frantically grasping at straws.

Who can blame him.....he sinking.

So you think that Nehemiah 9:27 is a straw?

Do you hold any of the logos of God above your theology?

Who are the other saviors that God sent to Israel?

God has management skills, He is willing and able to delegate power and authority to those who decide to do His will.

Acts 1:8

Your adeptness at skirting the issue is showing again.

As is your adeptmess at bearing false witness

God's Truth

Thanks for misreading what I wrote or catching a typo somewhere.

Scripture never refers to Jesus Christ as "God the Son"

Scripture does refer to Jesus Christ as "son of God" about 50 times

The evidence clearly shows that Jesus Christ is not "God the Son" but "the son of God"

You said Jesus was called a god.

Now tell me how many King of kings there are.

God's Truth

No, he said YOU must think you're John. No one else does.

No, he brought up John and said what he did, even though I had never ever said such a thing about my being like John.

Show where I ever said anything about my being like John and being like one calling in the wilderness. That thought came from AMR on his own. I do think it is an honor.

glorydaz

So you think that Nehemiah 9:27 is a straw?

Do you hold any of the logos of God above your theology?

Who are the other saviors that God sent to Israel?

God has management skills, He is willing and able to delegate power and authority to those who decide to do His will.

Acts 1:8

Your adeptness at skirting the issue is showing again.

As is your adeptmess at bearing false witness

There ya go, folks, Jesus is nothing more than a General in God's army. This is actually how far they'll go to deny their Lord and Saviour. :nono: