ECT Who is saved?

God's Truth

Hi and there are 2 Lord's suppers !!

One is found in Matt 26:17-30 and is called the PASSOVER in verse 17 !!

And verse 29 , they will not drink it nor eat the PASSOVER until that day when I drink it a new with YOU in my Father's kingdom !

They will drink a new in the MEILLINNIAL KINGDOM !!

The other Lord's supper in in 1 Cor 11:23-34 where there are bounds to how the it is taken and many DIED and were SICK when they took it UNWORTHILY and is ONLY for the B O C !!

dan p

The Lord's supper s when Jesus made the Covenant.

The Gentiles reenacted that supper many times because they enter that covenant when they are saved.

DAN P

The Lord's supper s when Jesus made the Covenant.

The Gentiles reenacted that supper many times because they enter that covenant when they are saved.

Hi and explain HOW they are the same , LOLLLLLLLLLLLL ??

Just dying TO HEAR this EXPLANATION !!

dan p

God's Truth

So Cornelius and his whole household got the message that will save, or the message that saves?

Acts 11:14 He will bring you a message through which you and all your household will be saved.'

How long is Cornelius and his family going to have to wait?

Danoh

He was stating a principle not limited to one time or another - as is the case in the phrase "the just shall live by faith" - that is not referring to some future event but to a timeless principle.

Acts 15 is in between James', Cephas', and John's Galatians 1's meeting with Paul at some point after Acts 10.

Rom. 5:8; 14:5.

God's Truth

He was stating a principle not limited to one time or another - as is the case in the phrase "the just shall live by faith" - that is not referring to some future event but to a timeless principle.

Acts 15 is in between James', Cephas', and John's Galatians 1's meeting with Paul at some point after Acts 10.

You sure are agreeing with me a lot lately.

Right Divider

Body part
This is another thing I'm having trouble understanding. Based on what I read, Jesus did establish the new covenant.

Hebrews lays out there is a new covenant/law established.
Heb. 7:12 For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is necessarily a change in the law as well.

Heb. 8:13 In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb. 10:1 For since the law has but a shadow of the good things to come instead of the true form of these realities, it can never, by the same sacrifices that are continually offered every year, make perfect those who draw near.

Heb. 10:19 Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, 20 by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God,

Jesus did all of these things.

All the faithful of old did not receive what we have in Jesus.
Heb. 11:39 And all these, though commended through their faith, did not receive what was promised, 40 since God had provided something better for us, that apart from us they should not be made perfect.
Why do you say WE? Are you a Hebrew?

Why do you continue to ignore the details in the book to the Hebrews?

Heb 8:8-12 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: (8:9) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. (8:10) For this [is] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: (8:11) And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. (8:12) For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

The Bible is a book of details and if you ignore them, you will create confusion for yourself.

The body of Christ is NOT a continuation of Israel.

Right Divider

Body part
God has also always been God of the Gentiles, Nineveh would be a good example. To help us understand what we have in Christ, he set the Jews apart and gave them his word. In Romans when Paul talks about the difference between them, that is the only advantage I see.
There is a difference between Israel as God's people and the body of Christ.

Paul makes is crystal clear in Roman 9-11 that God is not through with Israel.

I agree in Christ (church) there is neither Jew nor Greek. If the lost become Christian, they become God's children just like a Gentile in the OT converting to Judaism.
There is more than one "church" in the Bible.

The body of Christ is NOT the same church as the "church in the wilderness", which was Israel.

God's Truth

(8:8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: (8:9) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. (8:10) For this [is] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: (8:11) And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. (8:12) For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

The Bible is a book of details and if you ignore them, you will create confusion for yourself.

Why do you keep repeating the same falseness even after having scripture that proves you wrong?

See John 1:13. Why don't you explain in detail to me what that means?

God's Truth

There is a difference between Israel as God's people and the body of Christ.

Paul makes is crystal clear in Roman 9-11 that God is not through with Israel.

There is more than one "church" in the Bible.

The body of Christ is NOT the same church as the "church in the wilderness", which was Israel.

There is more than one church?

The church is the body of Christ; and, when people gathered together in someone's home, it was called a church, a church of that city.

You misunderstand Paul about the Jews. Paul is explaining that not all Jews are cut off and hardened forever. GOD. CUT OFF. AND. HARDENED MANY JEWS. WHEN Jesus walked the earth. Paul is explaining that it does not mean no Jew can be saved, for even himself is proof of that because he is a Jew.

Romans 11:1 I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin.

heir

TOL Subscriber
So Cornelius and his whole household got the message that will save, or the message that saves?

Acts 11:14 He will bring you a message through which you and all your household will be saved.'

How long is Cornelius and his family going to have to wait?
Acts 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

When?

1 Peter 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1 Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
1 Peter 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
1 Peter 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

heir

TOL Subscriber

Acts 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

When?

1 Peter 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1 Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
1 Peter 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
1 Peter 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

Cross Reference

Question with regards to the above:

Can a man be just without being born again, perhaps even having no knowledge of Jesus Christ?

turbosixx

Physically no but spiritually yes. The Jews were God's people under the old covenant. The way I understand it, what made them Jews was being a child of Abraham through Isaac and being circumcised. Under the new covenant, there is neither Jew nor Greek physically but they are one spiritually. Jesus tore down the dividing wall.

Paul uses physical descriptors to show we (Christians) are now God's chosen people.

Children of Abraham and of promise.
Gal. 3:29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.
Gal. 4:28 Now you, brothers, like Isaac, are children of promise.

Circumcised.
Col. 2:11 In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,
Phil. 3:2 Look out for the dogs, look out for the evildoers, look out for those who mutilate the flesh. 3 For we are the circumcision, who worship by the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh
Paul counted being a Jew rubbish.

With all due respect, I do my very best not to ignore scripture. Only a fool would do that.

(8:8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Jesus established the new covenant with his blood. On Pentecost, Peter proclaimed it to Israel.
Acts 2:14 But Peter, standing with the eleven, lifted up his voice and addressed them: “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and give ear to my words.
Acts 2:36 Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”

(8:9) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. (8:10) For this [is] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: (8:11) And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

The new covenant is not like the old written in stone but on hearts.
2 Cor. 3:3 And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
Rom. 10:8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim);

(8:12) For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
The new covenant forgives sins including the ones committed under the old.
Heb. 9:15 Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

I don’t see it as a continuation. I see it as under the new covenant there are Christians and everyone else. Jews can either convert or continue to stand against Christ.
Rom. 10:1 Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved. 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Last edited: