ECT Who is saved?

musterion

Where is the lie in what she wrote? Should the dog ever live in its own vomit and believe it to be OK with God? Where can holiness be found in vomit which God will have presented Him from that one which claims His Name presumes on?

Heir's right. It depends on how one defines "repent" and Meshak and 99% of TOL define it just the way Satan wants.

The real word simply means, "change of mind." If one believes anything but then believes the opposite, they've repented of what they used to believe. It's that simple.

If one believes the Gospel of the grace of God, one automatically repents of being alienated from God and is saved by trusting Christ's death, burial and resurrection for their sin and justification, whereas before they didn't. Once again, the true meaning of "repent" is that simple.

Problem is when most (like Meshak, and maybe yourself) define "repent" as "stop your sinful behavior." That is not what the Bible teaches (see above) and in fact makes repentance into a WORK whereby one cooperates with God by doing something - stopping your sinful behaviors * - in order to be saved. That's a false gospel that will damn whoever believes it (I'm an ex-Baptist, I used to believe one). And that work becomes never-ending because you can't stop sinning when you're unsaved and still dead in sin with no new man from God within you.

Downward, self-focused spiral of despair and self-righteousness, right down into Hell.

* that's also why assurance of salvation does not exist for and is hated by those who believe "repent" means "stop your sinful behaviors." Because the next time you sin - and you will - first thing you think is "Uh oh, maybe I'm not saved." Then the person and his sin becomes the focus and standard of salvation, not Christ's death, burial and resurrection FOR us. Been there, done it, ain't going back.

DAN P

:) I don't disagree.

Must of been some miscommunication. I'll go back and look at it.

I'd be willing to see any evidence you might have but off the top of my head when he did go to Gentiles I believe Barnabas name was listed first.

Passage says saved.
Hi and the Greek word SAVED / SOZO can mean , saved from , SUFFERING . SICKNESS , DANGER , and EVEN FUTURE DELIVERANCE and even more !!

dan p

turbosixx

My other point was even if he did, this was after Paul was called.
I agree Cornelius was after Paul was called but Paul wasn't the first to preach to the Gentiles.

Why did Peter need special revelation to preach to this man?

Because it was hidden.

My understanding is, God set the Jews apart in the OT as a physical representation of what we have under the new.

Old: Jew's Gods people, everyone else not.
New: Christians God's people, everyone else not.

God's Truth

My other point was even if he did, this was after Paul was called.

Why did Peter need special revelation to preach to this man?

Because it was not done yet.

Paul doesn't start preaching to the Gentiles until Acts 13.

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

Acts 13:26
Brothers, children of Abraham, and you Gentiles who fear God, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Acts 18:6
But when they opposed and insulted him, he shook out his garments and told them, "Your blood be on your own heads! I am innocent of it. From now on I will go to the Gentiles."

Right Divider

Body part
I agree Cornelius was after Paul was called but Paul wasn't the first to preach to the Gentiles.
How do you know that Paul was not preaching to Gentiles before Peter went to Cornelius?

Because it was hidden.
So this was hidden?

Matt 28:19-20 (AKJV/PCE)
(28:19) ¶ Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: (28:20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

My understanding is, God set the Jews apart in the OT as a physical representation of what we have under the new.

Old: Jew's Gods people, everyone else not.
New: Christians God's people, everyone else not.
Under the old covenant, Gentiles could still join with Israel and be considered as one born in the land.

Under no covenant at all, Christians today are neither Jew nor Greek.

God's Truth

How do you know that Paul was not preaching to Gentiles before Peter went to Cornelius?

So this was hidden?

(28:19) ¶ Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: (28:20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

Under the old covenant, Gentiles could still join with Israel and be considered as one born in the land.

So what mystery do you think was hidden?

turbosixx

I don't see it in scripture but I do see this.
Acts 15:7 And after there had been much debate, Peter stood up and said to them, “Brothers, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe.

So this was hidden?

Yes and no. Just as Jesus told them he would die and rise again they didn't see it until it was revealed to them.

Yes, but the law was to the Jews and for the Jews. God set them apart.

Right Divider

Body part
I don't see it in scripture but I do see this.
Acts 15:7 And after there had been much debate, Peter stood up and said to them, “Brothers, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe.
Nothing about who was first there. Why isn't Peter the apostle of the gentiles? Romans 11:13

Yes and no. Just as Jesus told them he would die and rise again they didn't see it until it was revealed to them.
Another VERY far stretch there.

In the other case the Bible tells us it was hid from them, but not here.

Yes, but the law was to the Jews and for the Jews. God set them apart.
Indeed He did. But gentiles could still join WITH them as one born in the land.

In the dispensation of the grace of God there is NEITHER Jew NOR Greek.

That's a pretty obvious difference.

turbosixx

This is another thing I'm having trouble understanding. Based on what I read, Jesus did establish the new covenant.

Hebrews lays out there is a new covenant/law established.
Heb. 7:12 For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is necessarily a change in the law as well.

Heb. 8:13 In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb. 10:1 For since the law has but a shadow of the good things to come instead of the true form of these realities, it can never, by the same sacrifices that are continually offered every year, make perfect those who draw near.

Heb. 10:19 Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, 20 by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God,

Jesus did all of these things.

All the faithful of old did not receive what we have in Jesus.
Heb. 11:39 And all these, though commended through their faith, did not receive what was promised, 40 since God had provided something better for us, that apart from us they should not be made perfect.

turbosixx

Indeed He did. But gentiles could still join WITH them as one born in the land.
God has also always been God of the Gentiles, Nineveh would be a good example. To help us understand what we have in Christ, he set the Jews apart and gave them his word. In Romans when Paul talks about the difference between them, that is the only advantage I see.

In the dispensation of the grace of God there is NEITHER Jew NOR Greek.

That's a pretty obvious difference.
I agree in Christ (church) there is neither Jew nor Greek. If the lost become Christian, they become God's children just like a Gentile in the OT converting to Judaism.

God's Truth

Paul is speaking to the Corinthian Gentiles. Paul says he is a minister of a NEW COVENANT.

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

The Greater Glory of the New Covenant

7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!

Paul says he is a MINISTER of a NEW COVENANT, and that it is THE MINISTRY/COVENANT of the SPIRIT.

Paul even had the Gentiles do remembrance of the last supper where Jesus made the covenant.

DAN P

Paul is speaking to the Corinthian Gentiles. Paul says he is a minister of a NEW COVENANT.

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

The Greater Glory of the New Covenant

7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!

Paul says he is a MINISTER of a NEW COVENANT, and that it is THE MINISTRY/COVENANT of the SPIRIT.

Paul even had the Gentiles do remembrance of the last supper where Jesus made the covenant.

Hi and that is not so , as DIATHEKE has many meanings , like , COVENANT , ARRANGEMENT , AGREEMENT , COMPACT and WILL !!

The NEW COVENANT was given to Israel in Heb 8:8 !!

Now explain what is in the NEW COVENANT if you now ??

Ezek 36:24-38 and learn what it means !

dan p

God's Truth

Hi and that is not so , as DIATHEKE has many meanings , like , COVENANT , ARRANGEMENT , AGREEMENT , COMPACT and WILL !!

The NEW COVENANT was given to Israel in Heb 8:8 !!

Now explain what is in the NEW COVENANT if you now ??

Ezek 36:24-38 and learn what it means !

dan p

What don't you get about Paul having Gentiles do the Lord's supper?

Everyone who believes in Jesus cleaning them of their sins are the ones who enter the Covenant of his blood.

DAN P

What don't you get about Paul having Gentiles do the Lord's supper?

Everyone who believes in Jesus cleaning them of their sins are the ones who enter the Covenant of his blood.

Hi and there are 2 Lord's suppers !!

One is found in Matt 26:17-30 and is called the PASSOVER in verse 17 !!

And verse 29 , they will not drink it nor eat the PASSOVER until that day when I drink it a new with YOU in my Father's kingdom !

They will drink a new in the MEILLINNIAL KINGDOM !!

The other Lord's supper in in 1 Cor 11:23-34 where there are bounds to how the it is taken and many DIED and were SICK when they took it UNWORTHILY and is ONLY for the B O C !!

dan p