ECT Who is saved?

DougE

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Romans 6:15

God's Truth

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Romans 6:15

You need to debate by dealing with what I said about the scriptures, instead of merely posting scriptures. No matter how many scriptures you get of Paul speaking of 'not of by works' it is about the ceremonial works.

God's Truth

Nope. The 12 didn't know it. It had not been revealed to them, but Paul!

The point, which you always seem to miss, a dispensation of the gospel was committed unto Paul not the 12!

Paul went to the Gentiles, but it is the same gospel that all the apostles had.

Peter went to the Gentiles first before Paul did..

Paul went to the Jews first.

God's Truth

:doh:

The point, and again, you missed it, is that Peter never preached "the one and only gospel" (made up term). The preaching Cornelius' house heard that day is consistent with the gospel of the circumcision not the gospel of Christ!

Too bad you feel that way. You can ask God but you must be willing to admit you sin by believing and preaching falseness. Ask God with a humble heart; see what happens.

God's Truth

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Titus 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

Titus 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

We are partakers of Christ by the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)!

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

What use to justify? The ceremonial works.

What doesn't justify anymore? The ceremonial works.

What justifies now? Belief that Jesus' blood justifies.

How does it justify? Belief that Jesus' blood justifies after you repent of your sins.

Does that mean you don't have to repent of your sins?

No way, for David is proof that he was justified by ASKING FOR FORGIVENESS.

God's Truth

Paul spent three days without drinking and eating begging for forgiveness.

Acts 9:9 For three days he was blind, and did not eat or drink anything.

11 ... for he is praying.

God's Truth

That we could even be saved is not in the OT. It was unsearchable and hid in God!

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

You have to add things that are not there.

Paul never says the dispensation of grace was only given to him.

Paul never says that he was the only one for whom it was made known.

You should not add to God's Word.

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

That mystery was first revealed by Peter who dared to go into the home of a whole household of Gentiles.

Ephesians 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
Paul is excited that he is chosen too to be an apostle.

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
See how excited Paul is? He knows he is an apostle JUST AS THE OTHER ones are, but Paul knows he is different than the others in that he tried to destroy Jesus' believers.

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Right; Gentiles did not know that they were going to be included one day. Peter already gave that revelation with the Gentiles in Cornelius' household.

God's Truth

Just as if we'd never sinned!

Acts 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Justified by faith as if we never sinned WHEN WE ASK FOR FORGIVENESS of those sins.

We are justified by faith in that we BELIEVE Jesus' blood washes all those sins away.

God's Truth

I agree. I was looking for something a little more specific. Based on that reasoning, everyone is saved since there is nothing we can do ourselves.

What does Paul mean by "then is it no more of works"?

It used to be of the CEREMONIAL/PURIFICATION works.

God's Truth

All with these false beliefs, what do you have to lose? If you are right you will be assured, and if you are wrong, you can come to knowledge of the truth. Repent aloud to God right now through Jesus. Repent for believing and following falseness. See what happens.

turbosixx

That encompasses quite a few things. Including that He would be King of Israel and sit on His throne in Jerusalem. Also that He would rejoin the two houses of Israel into one.

Can we agree Paul preached the "good news" of Christ.

2 Cor. 10:14 For we stretch not ourselves beyond our measure, as though we reached not unto you: for we are come as far as to you also in preaching the gospel of Christ:

Right Divider

Body part
Can we agree Paul preached the "good news" of Christ.

2 Cor. 10:14 For we stretch not ourselves beyond our measure, as though we reached not unto you: for we are come as far as to you also in preaching the gospel of Christ:
Indeed, Paul was given the manifold wisdom of God.

Eph 3:7-12 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:7) Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. (3:8) Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; (3:9) And to make all [men] see what [is] the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: (3:10) To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly [places] might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, (3:11) According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: (3:12) In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

So much so that he could "fulfill the word of God".

Col 1:25-29 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:25) Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; (1:26) [Even] the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: (1:27) To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: (1:28) Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: (1:29) Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

There was something missing from the word of God that Paul completed. Something that was "hid in God" from the beginning of the world.

Churchianity has the unfortunate habit of reading Paul's revelation back into the writings that came before, instead of understanding them as the actual revelation that they were.

turbosixx

Indeed, Paul was given the manifold wisdom of God.

Eph 3:7-12 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:7) Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. (3:8) Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; (3:9) And to make all [men] see what [is] the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: (3:10) To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly [places] might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, (3:11) According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: (3:12) In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

I understand what was hid, Paul tells us in the prior verses that it was the Gentiles would be fellow heirs.
Eph. 3:6 This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

So much so that he could "fulfill the word of God".

Col 1:25-29 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:25) Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; (1:26) [Even] the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: (1:27) To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: (1:28) Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: (1:29) Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

There was something missing from the word of God that Paul completed. Something that was "hid in God" from the beginning of the world.

Churchianity has the unfortunate habit of reading Paul's revelation back into the writings that came before, instead of understanding them as the actual revelation that they were.

That fulfilled could be carrying it out.
Gal. 6:2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

When I have more time I will look at it from your view point.

Right Divider

Body part
I understand what was hid, Paul tells us in the prior verses that it was the Gentiles would be fellow heirs.
Eph. 3:6 This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.
Fellow-heirs with CHRIST.

Rom 8:17 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:17) And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together.

You will not find that in the OT.

That fulfilled could be carrying it out.
Gal. 6:2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Paul did not say "fulfill the law" in Colossians. He said fulfill the WORD OF GOD. He is referring to scripture.

When I have more time I will look at it from your view point.
Cool.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
That encompasses quite a few things. Including that He would be King of Israel and sit on His throne in Jerusalem. Also that He would rejoin the two houses of Israel into one.

The death of Jesus body and being raised already did that.

No, it hasn't been done.
Christ's work on the cross and resurrection provides for and assures that it will in the future be done.

Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.