ECT Who is saved?

God's Truth

No he is not - he is asserting that the gospel he preached was not handed down to him by anyone.
I just said that.

I guess if you tell others they have a comprehension learning disability before they tell you that you have one, it makes their rebuke to you sound false.

And he is saying that in opposition to the your exact kind of works based gospel - the Law for righteousness

Well that was a giant leap into false doctrine land.

Paul was reassuring people that he was an apostle from God and not a student from Peter. All that other stuff you added was from your imagination.

- that Paul is writing against in Galatians- this side of the FINISHED work of Christ that Paul preached.

No, Paul in Galatians is speaking of the not of ceremonial works to the Gentiles who were talked into doing the ceremonial works.

The Law for righteousness had been a gospel that had been in effect and handed down over many generations until.after the Cross, but was the very gospel the fools who had infected the Galatians with, this side of the FINISHED work of the Cross of Christ.

This here had been "the righteousness which is of the Law..."

Deuteronomy 6:24 And the LORD commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the LORD our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day. 6:25 And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.
Do you want to get into how many commands Paul taught? Do you really want to do that? Do you need to be reminded of who said WORK out your SALVATION with TREMBLING and FEAR? Oh you probably want to tell me how work doesn't really mean work and fear doesn't really mean fear. That is the sign of all false doctrine believers.

Here is a plain (as your every day denial) example of THAT righteousness...

Luke 1:5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

THAT is THIS..

Romans 10:5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

You can't grasp that there are ceremonial works of the law and good do right and don't do bad works of the law.

Paul would not ever teach the latter ones.

You misunderstand Paul about no works.

No you say. Okay then, what in the world was Peter speaking about when he said people misunderstand Paul? I will tell you what they misunderstood about Paul, they misunderstood Paul as saying don't obey anything. Peter says the ignorant and unstable misunderstand Paul, and then Peter WARNS us to obey. See 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.

James heard of that nonsense you believe and teach too; he tells people who might believe what you believe that they are foolish. See James 2:14, 17, 20, 22, and 24.

In contrast to this...

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested,

A righteousness without the CEREMONIAL works of the law.

being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe:

The Jews used to have to do the ceremonial works of the law to justify/clean themselves, but now through Jesus we only have to believe that his blood cleans us. That means you do not have to do the ceremonial works of the law anymore, it does not mean you no longer have to obey God. Have you lost your mind?

for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Jew and Gentile, whether or not circumcised.

3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

God's grace is that JESUS cleans you and not a special diet, various external washings, and not the sacrifice of animals! UH we still have to obey God, we just don't have to clean ourselves anymore because Jesus did it.

3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
...just what I explained to you.

3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
...believe that Jesus' blood cleans us and NOT the blood of animals anymore.

Which is why Paul wrote this to people just like you...

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Are you really that dense? That scripture proves that you are wrong. Paul is NOT rebuking the Galatians for obeying Jesus too much. Paul is rebuking them for being talked into doing the ceremonial works!

3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Paul is speaking about before Abraham and circumcision or AFTER being CIRCUMCISED. See if you can find that scripture. Never mind I will give it to you: Romans 4:10 Under what circumstances was it credited? Was it after he was circumcised, or before? It was not after, but before!

Uh, Uh see? It is about the ceremonial works such as circumcision.

God's Truth

People SUCH AS YOURSELVES misunderstood Paul as saying don't obey anything. Peter says the ignorant and unstable misunderstand Paul, and then Peter WARNS us to obey. See 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.

James heard of that nonsense you believe and teach too; he tells people who might believe what you believe that they are foolish. See James 2:14, 17, 20, 22, and 24.

Paul was explaining that the CEREMONIAL works no longer justify.

Paul would not EVER preach we no longer have to repent of our sins, ask for forgiveness, obey God.

Save yourselves from the false teachers that came before all of you. They were mistaken just like you and you must release yourselves with the truth from the snare.

God's Truth

Peter is not the apostle OF the Gentiles and didn't even preach the gospel Paul preached to those Gentiles.

Wrong. They never heard the gospel of Christ, but preaching consistent with the gospel of the circumcision.

No one made Cornelius and anyone in his household get circumcised!

God's Truth

:banana:

Salvation by grace through faith not of works...Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV

Faith that Jesus' blood cleans us, and not of these works:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

lololololol

God's Truth

You lying sssssssssssssnake.

God says so all through out the Old Testament.

John the baptizer said so and prepared the way for Jesus. Jesus wouldn't have even have come unless they repented of their sins.

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

John 1:23 John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, "I am the voice of one calling in the wilderness, 'Make straight the way for the Lord.'"

You call me a snake for preaching repent of our sins to be saved---BUT GOD HAS SAID THAT VERY THING HOW MANY TIMES?!!!

Ezekiel 18:30 “Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

2 Chronicles 6:37 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captivity and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong and acted wickedly’;

1 Kings 8:47 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captors and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong, we have acted wickedly’;

You say snake for my preaching we have to repent of our sins to get saved and stay saved, but it is what Jesus says!:

Here are some words from the ascended Christ:

Revelation 3:3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

Revelation 14:12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God’s commandments and remain faithful to Jesus

Revelation 2:5 'Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lampstand out of its place-- unless you repent.

Revelation 3:19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent.

Revelation 9:20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood--idols that cannot see or hear or walk.
21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

Revelation 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony because of their sufferings and because of their sores, but nevertheless they still refused to repent of their deeds.

11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

God's Truth

vs.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Justified by faith.

Justified by faith and what is that?

Justified by faith that you believe Jesus' blood cleans you of your sins and not the blood of animals.

God's Truth

Yep :thumb:

Because Romans 5:8.

Paul (according to the faith alone teachers):Hey Galatians, who has confused you to believe you had to repent of your sins...you only had to believe, so stop repenting of sins. Oh but wait, Corinthians, you didn't hear that, because I want you to repent of those sins you are still doing.
Good grief.

2 Corinthians 12:21 I am afraid that when I come again, my God may humiliate me before you, and I will grieve for many of those who previously sinned and have not repented of the impurity, sexual immorality, and licentiousness that they have practiced.

heir

TOL Subscriber
No one made Cornelius and anyone in his household get circumcised!
:doh:

The point, and again, you missed it, is that Peter never preached "the one and only gospel" (made up term). The preaching Cornelius' house heard that day is consistent with the gospel of the circumcision not the gospel of Christ!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Faith that Jesus' blood cleans us, and not of these works:
Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Titus 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

Titus 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

We are partakers of Christ by the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)!

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

heir

TOL Subscriber
God says so all through out the Old Testament.
That we could even be saved is not in the OT. It was unsearchable and hid in God!

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Ephesians 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Justified by faith.

Justified by faith and what is that?

Just as if we'd never sinned!

Acts 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Cross Reference

You lying sssssssssssssnake.

Where is the lie in what she wrote? Should the dog ever live in its own vomit and believe it to be OK with God? Where can holiness be found in vomit which God will have presented Him from that one which claims His Name presumes on?

turbosixx

Grace is the antithesis of works.

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

I agree. I was looking for something a little more specific. Based on that reasoning, everyone is saved since there is nothing we can do ourselves.

What does Paul mean by "then is it no more of works"?

Last edited:

turbosixx

When the Bible uses the language construct "the gospel OF", it is explaining the GOOD NEWS OF something in particular. For example the gospel OF THE KINGDOM, is the GOOD NEWS about the kingdom (particularly that it was "at hand", i.e., near, coming soon). The coming of the kingdom was described throughout the prophets of Israel and was no secret to those that heard Jesus proclaim THIS GOOD NEWS.

The kingdom that Israel's prophets proclaimed had various characteristics which can be seen through their scriptural writings:
  • A King (the LORD Jesus Christ)
  • A Throne in Jerusalem (David's throne)
  • A Land (the land that God promised to Israel)
  • A Capital City (Jerusalem)
  • The list goes on and on.

What is the "good news" of Christ?

Last edited: