ECT Who is saved?

God's Truth

Yep - "something HID IN GOD is completely UNKNOWABLE until God reveals it to someone."

Case - in - point, GT...

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

What's right...is right.

Although my understanding of all that differs somewhat from that of RD and some of his pals.

Rom. 5:8.

What do you mean by saying case in point GT?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I mean in judgment.

Do you mean this kind of judgment?

"For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?" (1 Peter 4:17)

turbosixx

turbosixx

Do you mean this kind of judgment?

"For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?" (1 Peter 4:17)

Yes, and like this.
Matt. 25:31-40.

At that point it will be to late to go visit someone in prison.

Danoh

You know we were speaking about prophets.

Tell me what Paul knew that no other prophet ever knew.

Again - things like this here...

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

God's Truth

Again - things like this here...

Paul quotes the OLD TESTAMENT about Gentiles being included.

Paul says that even angels longed to look and that the righteous who died long ago were made perfect with him.

Paul saying that and quoting old testament scriptures proves there were prophets who knew and not just until Paul.

PETER says now he understands that God does not show favoritism.

Acts 10

34 Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism

That is before Paul preaching to the Gentiles.

Give it up and believe the truth.

Danoh

What do you mean by saying case in point GT?

The phrase "case in point" is another way of saying "for example..."

For example - drinking and driving is not a safe thing to mix - case in point: so and so died in that car wreck because the person driving that night had been drinking and had no business driving.

In my earlier post to you I posted my agreement (more or less) with what RD had said. I then gave a case in point or example of why I agreed with what he said (more or less).

"More or less" in the sense that while I agree with RD that what was "hid in God" until Paul, at the same time I do not see eye to eye with him and some of his pals on here as to what all that was.

God's Truth

The phrase "case in point" is another way of saying "for example..."

For example - drinking and driving is not a safe thing to mix - case in point: so and so died in that car wreck because the person driving that night had been drinking and had no business driving.

In my earlier post to you I posted my agreement (more or less) with what RD had said. I then gave a case in point or example of why I agreed with what he said (more or less).

"More or less" in the sense that while I agree with RD that what was "hid in God" until Paul, at the same time I do not see eye to eye with him and some of his pals on here as to what all that was.

You should have explained it better when you posted it.

Saying 'case in point GT' doesn't say enough about your point.

It could have meant case in point GT is right.

Danoh

Paul quotes the OLD TESTAMENT about Gentiles being included.

Paul says that even angels longed to look and that the righteous who died long ago were made perfect with him.

Paul saying that and quoting old testament scriptures proves there were prophets who knew and not just until Paul.

PETER says now he understands that God does not show favoritism.

Acts 10

34 Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism

That is before Paul preaching to the Gentiles.

Give it up and believe the truth.

Feel free to break down every piece of...

At the same time, I am absolutely certain we will not see eye to eye.

Nevertheless, I have often picked up a good point here and there from another's opposing view.

Very often...

So have at it; break every part of all that down.

The best toward you in your labor on that.

I believe your heart is largely right.

Your understanding; well that is obviously another matter.

As I'm sure mine is to you, from where you look at things.

God's Truth

Nevertheless, I have often picked up a good point here and there from another's opposing view.

Very often...

Okay, I will break it down; but, I do wish you would reply to what I said already about it.

How about it?

Why not address the fact that Paul quotes old testament scriptures to the Gentiles.

Don't you know that the prophets knew what they were saying?

Address too that Peter went to the Gentiles before Paul.

How about it?

Danoh

You should have explained it better when you posted it.

Saying 'case in point GT' doesn't say enough about your point.

It could have meant case in point GT is right.

Thing is, that is not how that phrase is used.

Case in point - had I been agreeing with you and not with him, I would first have said "GT is right," ended that there, followed by breaking away from that with the words "case in point, RD..."

Feel free to disagree. I don't need to be right.

God's Truth

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me,
Not only unto him.

who am less than the least of all saints,

Paul is being humble and acknowledging there are other saints like him; and, even though Paul was a violent man, he was saved and able to preach the gospel like the other apostles.

is this grace given,

Jesus came with grace and had saved many by grace before Paul.

that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Paul also preached to the Jews, and first, but they thought he was just trying to trick them and put them in prison and have them killed as he did with Stephen.

3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

That is about JESUS, Jesus who came. Not a better message than Jesus, Jesus who is the message.

3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Jesus sent his apostles, including Paul, as God had sent Jesus.

3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Which he PURPOSED IN CHRIST JESUS. That is another scripture proving Jesus taught the message that saves for all.

3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

...which Jesus taught when he walked the earth.

Very often...

Now deal with the proof I give that you are in error.

God's Truth

Thing is, that is not how that phrase is used.

Case in point - had I been agreeing with you and not with him, I would first have said "GT is right," ended that there, followed by breaking away from that with the words "case in point, RD..."

Feel free to disagree. I don't need to be right.

You were agreeing with me before that post.

Do you have a learning disability?

I am not trying to be rude, just wondering. I have read where you asked someone that before, so it should be okay to ask you.

Danoh

You were agreeing with me before that post.

Do you have a learning disability?

I am not trying to be rude, just wondering. I have read where you asked someone that before, so it should be okay to ask you.

Just because I might agree with someone on one thing, does not mean I might agree on the next.

As for your "learning disability" remark towards me - like water off a ducks back.

Feel free to use it towards me if that floats your boat.

Like water off a ducks back :chuckle:

Danoh

Not only unto him.

Paul is being humble and acknowledging there are other saints like him; and, even though Paul was a violent man, he was saved and able to preach the gospel like the other apostles.

Jesus came with grace and had saved many by grace before Paul.

Paul also preached to the Jews, and first, but they thought he was just trying to trick them and put them in prison and have them killed as he did with Stephen.

That is about JESUS, Jesus who came. Not a better message than Jesus, Jesus who is the message.

Jesus sent his apostles, including Paul, as God had sent Jesus.

Which he PURPOSED IN CHRIST JESUS. That is another scripture proving Jesus taught the message that saves for all.

...which Jesus taught when he walked the earth.

Now deal with the proof I give that you are in error.

Let me know when you prove I am in error on Eph. 3.

Thus far, you have not proven that.

God's Truth

Let me know when you prove I am in error on Eph. 3.

Thus far, you have not proven that.

Too bad you can't prove Paul taught something no one else knew about.

You have no reply except denial, and that is not a defense for the truth.

God's Truth

Just because I might agree with someone on one thing, does not mean I might agree on the next.

As for your "learning disability" remark towards me - like water off a ducks back.

Feel free to use it towards me if that floats your boat.

Like water off a ducks back :chuckle:

That is what someone learning disabled might say.

I hope you will make your posts a little more understandable in the future so I don't pass them by as I usually do.

Danoh

That is what someone learning disabled might say.

I hope you will make your posts a little more understandable in the future so I don't pass them by as I usually do.

Pass them by all you want; I couldn't care less one way or the other; no matter who the poster is.

Why?

Romans 5:8 is why :)

Danoh

Too bad you can't prove Paul taught something no one else knew about.

You have no reply except denial, and that is not a defense for the truth.

I just wanted to see what your take was.

There's an entire book's worth of information in those few passages in Eph. 3.

Summarizing would only go right past you.

For you are long set in your misunderstandings.

Again, just because a person agrees with someone on one thing, does not mean they are going to agree with them on all things.

Only a fool would expect such an 100% agreement with anyone all the time, is even possible.

I suspect you rushed to post your reply.

You posted a pipe dream expectation no two people ever meet all the time.