ECT Who is saved?

Danoh

I did and that doesn't say absolutely no works.

I agree our works do not save us but will we be saved if we don't have any works. As a follower of Christ we are to do good works. If we do not do good works, who are we following? Can we not give that cup of water and still receive the gift?

Were the Corinthians not saved just because they carried on as they did?

1 Corinthians 1:4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ; 1:5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge; 1:6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you: 1:7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: 1:8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Rom. 5:8.

turbosixx

Were the Corinthians not saved just because they carried on as they did?

1 Corinthians 1:4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ; 1:5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge; 1:6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you: 1:7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: 1:8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

The way I understand it, yes they are saved as long as they do not continue to carry on sinning. Paul gave them several warnings. Like here for example.

1 Cor. 10:1 For I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea, 2 and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, 3 and all ate the same spiritual food, 4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ. 5 Nevertheless, with most of them God was not pleased, for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

6 Now these things took place as examples for us, that we might not desire evil as they did. 7 Do not be idolaters as some of them were; as it is written, “The people sat down to eat and drink and rose up to play.” 8 We must not indulge in sexual immorality as some of them did, and twenty-three thousand fell in a single day. 9 We must not put Christ to the test, as some of them did and were destroyed by serpents, 10 nor grumble, as some of them did and were destroyed by the Destroyer. 11 Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come. 12 Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall. 13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

14 Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.

It matters how we walk(live).
1 Thes. 4:1 Finally, then, brothers, we ask and urge you in the Lord Jesus, that as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God, just as you are doing, that you do so more and more.

Right Divider

Body part
They knew Jesus would save their souls.

Jn. 6:66 After this many of his disciples turned back and no longer walked with him. 67 So Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you want to go away as well?” 68 Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life,
They did NOT know HOW He would do that. That was not revealed until later.

You have bought into a story invented by "Churchianity".

Danoh

I did listen.

That is how he and his pals row, when opposed.

The irony being that you who are supposedly wrong on so much, nevertheless ever end up the "more noble" than these ever grace-LESS "experts" on "the gospel of the GRACE of God" towards ALL in His Son, on that Cross, that they continually profess they ALONE are the supposed experts on, on here.

What kind of "grace" is that in such, that not only do they constantly require having to have their obvious hypocrisy pointed out to them, but to no avail each time; given said hypocrisy of theirs..

There's is...a strange cargo, indeed.

Anthony Burgess

BANNED
Banned
That's right, no one is saved BY their works.

Since works have nothing to do with salvation, do we have the option to not do any even though we are created for them?

Gal. 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
Can someone bear no fruit of the Spirit and still be saved?

I’m a Christian in need of a tuneup and I have a question about your post.

Anthony Burgess

BANNED
Banned
That's right, no one is saved BY their works.

Since works have nothing to do with salvation, do we have the option to not do any even though we are created for them?

Gal. 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
Can someone bear no fruit of the Spirit and still be saved?

Galatians 5 speaks of two separate fruits of the Spirit. I have recently wondered if Paul is nodding towards Jesus in John 10:32 when he says; “against such things there is no law”.

In attempting to emphasize salvation by grace, can a person begin to neglect the words of Galatians 5 you have quoted while unknowingly manifesting the fruit of Galatians 5:19-20 towards fellow believers, in the process?

turbosixx

That is how he and his pals row, when opposed.

The irony being that you who are supposedly wrong on so much, nevertheless ever end up the "more noble" than these ever grace-LESS "experts" on "the gospel of the GRACE of God" towards ALL in His Son, on that Cross, that they continually profess they ALONE are the supposed experts on, on here.

What kind of "grace" is that in such, that not only do they constantly require having to have their obvious hypocrisy pointed out to them, but to no avail each time; given said hypocrisy of theirs..

There's is...a strange cargo, indeed.

Thanks for the comments. I do listen and really try and challenge what I believe because I don't want to be deceived. Standing before God is not when I want to find out I'm wrong.

turbosixx

In attempting to emphasize salvation by grace, can a person begin to neglect the words of Galatians 5 you have quoted while unknowingly manifesting the fruit of Galatians 5:19-20 towards fellow believers, in the process?

I believe so.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. 13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. 14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. 15 Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.

That list of works of the flesh has a lot of desire in it.

Anthony Burgess

BANNED
Banned
I believe so.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. 13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. 14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. 15 Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.

That list of works of the flesh has a lot of desire in it.

Thank you, I needed to be reminded.

1 Thessalonians 5:11

Cross Reference

"And this is life eternal, that they might *"know" thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent". John 17:3 (KJV)

*intimate with

Right Divider

Body part
God doesn't give His gift to just anyone.
God gives it to anyone that will receive it. Unfortunately for you, you reject it.

Rom 3:20-26 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:20) Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law [is] the knowledge of sin. (3:21) But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; (3:22) Even the righteousness of God [which is] by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: (3:23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; (3:24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (3:25) Whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; (3:26) To declare, [I say], at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Get saved from your self-righteousness and accept the righteousness of God.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Not something that is HID IN GOD!

In the Greek Tim. 4:10 would read , "specially of those that continually surrender their lives to Him , and live a life inspired by such surrendering . " ( pisteuo ) Vines

"believe" on its own does not translate pisteuo correctly.