ECT Who is saved?

Right Divider

Body part
In the context he calls it the gospel of God that he was set apart for.
Rom. 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

Then he later says he wants to preach it to them then calls it the gospel of Christ.
1:15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also. 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Are you telling me he was set apart for one and also preaches different gospels?
Gospel simply means GOOD NEWS. There is much GOOD NEWS in the Bible.

You've still got blinders on that make it impossible for you to see simple truth.

God's Truth

Yes, you gave scriptures.

Thanks.

However, since you do not distinguish between works, grace, gift, inheritance, rewards,and wages it is clear you do not

a. understand the verses the you posted

b. are privately interpreting them

c. don't care what they say, you think you are smarter than God and the holy men of God that God gave that revelation to

d. all of the above.

Right now , I would say that "d" is the correct answer

What you say about me is not true.

You are obligated to now read and study this carefully, for you claim all those things about me:

The INHERITANCE is ETERNAL LIFE:

Matthew 19:29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

Luke 10:25[ The Parable of the Good Samaritan ] On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

The INHERITANCE is the REWARD.

Colossians 3:24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

That means the inheritance is the reward of eternal life.

We can see from the scriptures that the REWARD is the INHERITANCE of ETERNAL LIFE.

Right Divider

Body part
What you say about me is not true.

You are obligated to now read and study this carefully, for you claim all those things about me:

The INHERITANCE is ETERNAL LIFE:

Matthew 19:29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

Luke 10:25[ The Parable of the Good Samaritan ] On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

The INHERITANCE is the REWARD.

Colossians 3:24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

We can see from the scriptures that the REWARD is the INHERITANCE of ETERNAL LIFE.
It's a good thing that you're an Israelite under the law.

Right Divider

Body part

Col 3:24 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:24) Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

The reward is FOR SERVICE and NOT salvation.

God's Truth

Col 3:24 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:24) Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

The reward is FOR SERVICE and NOT salvation.

The REWARD IS the INHERITANCE of ETERNAL LIFE.

Good grief read all the scriptures I gave. Try that one. I am sure there isn't one that you can't pick apart like a vulture.

turbosixx

Gospel simply means GOOD NEWS. There is much GOOD NEWS in the Bible.

You've still got blinders on that make it impossible for you to see simple truth.

I'm sorry but I don't see how I'm confusing this good news when he explains which good news it is in the context.

Set apart for the good news of God:
Rom. 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

Wants to preach the good news to them:
1:15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

Then calls it the good news of Christ that is the power of salvation to everyone that believes:
1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

You said the Jews heard it first by the prophets and I agree the prophets were looking forward to Christ, but they weren't able to be saved until after his death, burial and resurrection. When Jesus sent out the 12 and 70 before his death. they saved no one.

After his sacrifice, do you see the gospel, that can save their souls, preached to them first?

Right Divider

Body part
I'm sorry but I don't see how I'm confusing this good news when he explains which good news it is in the context.

Set apart for the good news of God:

Wants to preach the good news to them:
1:15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

Then calls it the good news of Christ that is the power of salvation to everyone that believes:
1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

You said the Jews heard it first by the prophets and I agree the prophets were looking forward to Christ, but they weren't able to be saved until after his death, burial and resurrection. When Jesus sent out the 12 and 70 before his death. they saved no one.

After his sacrifice, do you see the gospel, that can save their souls, preached to them first?
The 12 preached the gospel of the kingdom in Matthew 10 and they did not even know that Christ would die.

So you think that they were preaching the "one true gospel"?

turbosixx

mHi and read Eph 2:8 !!

dan p

I did and that doesn't say absolutely no works.

I agree our works do not save us but will we be saved if we don't have any works. As a follower of Christ we are to do good works. If we do not do good works, who are we following? Can we not give that cup of water and still receive the gift?

turbosixx

The 12 preached the gospel of the kingdom in Matthew 10 and they did not even know that Christ would die.

So you think that they were preaching the "one true gospel"?

No, they were looking forward to it. The "one true gospel" saves the soul. They saved no one. How could anyone be saved before Christ's sacrifice?

DAN P

I did and that doesn't say absolutely no works.

I agree our works do not save us but will we be saved if we don't have any works. As a follower of Christ we are to do good works. If we do not do good works, who are we following? Can we not give that cup of water and still receive the gift?

Hi and Eph 2:8-9 reads For by Grace you are having been saved through faith , and this is not from yourselves , ( it is ) the gift of God verse 9 , not from WORKS , lest anyone should glory !!

And verse 10 we were created for good WORKS which have nothing to do with salvation !!

dan p

turbosixx

How in the world could they be looking forward to something that they DID NOT KNOW?

They knew Jesus would save their souls.

Jn. 6:66 After this many of his disciples turned back and no longer walked with him. 67 So Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you want to go away as well?” 68 Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life,

turbosixx

Hi and Eph 2:8-9 reads For by Grace you are having been saved through faith , and this is not from yourselves , ( it is ) the gift of God verse 9 , not from WORKS , lest anyone should glory !!

That's right, no one is saved BY their works.

And verse 10 we were created for good WORKS which have nothing to do with salvation !!

Since works have nothing to do with salvation, do we have the option to not do any even though we are created for them?

Gal. 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
Can someone bear no fruit of the Spirit and still be saved?