Who is a Jew or the nation Israel

daqq

Prince, Minister, Leader, Sar

Brown-Driver-Briggs makes a very good argument for the word "sar" meaning royalty, in Assyrian. (King) However, using another language to translate a word can be both helpful, and misleading. What they did not take into consideration is the fact that royalty also acted as ministers. (As in, ministering in peace.) Or (Minister of the faith.) The Hebrew word "Sar" is best translated as "Minister." The Hebrew word "Sar" should never be given a translation as having to do with royalty.

Brown-Driver-Briggs
שַׂר420 noun masculine chieftain, chief, ruler, official, captain, prince (Late Hebrew especially of angels; Assyrian šarru, king)

I just saw what you just posted in your other thread concerning this and it really is rediculous. If you want to go around telling people there is no such thing as the Prince of peace then go right ahead and see how far that gets you. The problem you actually have is a mental paradigm that does not allow for "angelic beings" anywhere in the text because you have already decided for yourself that there are no such beings but rather "the pagans and the RCC inserted their paganism into the scriptures" as you have said on many occasions. I thank God that you were not a Pope who lived some fifteen or sixteen hundred years ago because, if so, we might not have any mention of angelic beings left at all in the Scripture. If it were up to you the Prince of princes would rather be "the Minister of ministers"! :crackup:

Sar is much more often used to denote one who has authority over others like a general or a captain of an army. What do you do with the following passages which both speak of the same personage? Is this the "minister" of the armies of YHWH?

Daniel 8:11a
11a. Yea, he magnified himself even to the Captain of the host-army [Sar tsaba']

Joshua 5:13-15
13. And it came to pass, when Yhoshua was by Yericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Yhoshua went unto him, and said unto him, Are you for us, or for our adversaries?
14. And he said, Nay, but as Captain of the host-army of YHWH [Sar tsaba' YHWH] am I now come. And Yhoshua fell on his face to the earth, and did obeisance, and said unto him, What saith Adoniy unto his servant?
15. And Sar tsaba' YHWH said unto Yhoshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon you stand is holy. And Yhoshua did so.

Also, from the OP in your other thread, was it not already mentioned twice to you concerning nagiyd and the Nagiyd-Commander of the Covenant in that "other" forum? You still do not even have the correct Reference Number listed for nagiyd and this is now the third time it has been mentioned. You really need to change that before you copy and paste it again. :chuckle:

Gurucam

Hell has never been a teaching in Judaism. There are some Rabbi's who believe Yahshua was the messiah, but they keep it to themselves. The moral laws of God have not been done away with under the New Covenant.

What are "moral laws of God"? Did you get those privately?

Where did you get those?

You said: "There are some Rabbi's who believe Yahshua was the messiah, but they keep it to themselves." That is even worse.
Matthews: 12 KJV N.T.
26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
Mark: 3 KJV N.T.
26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.
Mark: 33 KJV N.T.
25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

Isn't this a generalized statement? Also isn't it worse if any group of people are divide covertly within their ranks?

How can the law and sin exist without punishment in hell?

Don't you guys believe in heaven and hell?

What happens among you guys when you all transgress the law, are you rewarded in heaven?

It was reported that the Jews of Old were themselves, transgressing the law privately. However, in public, they were stoning people to death for transgressing the law. Is this how the law of sin works among you guys?

Others who esteem Moses' teachings believe that when they do some acts, they go straight to heaven to live with many virgins? What is your take and your people's take on this idea?

If some deeds can earn one heaven, then certain some others could certainly earn one hell?

Last edited:

daqq

Michael is a man born in the last days according to Enoch and also the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Do you know why that is? Because in the Septuagint Old Greek, (before Theodotion) it says in Daniel 12:1 that Michael shall pass away and that is likewise the reason for the great time of trouble which had never been until that time, (nor ever shall be). And, of course, the Old Greek is correct, imo, for even the sariym-princes are said to fall, (Psalm 82:6-7). However this does not mean there are no such things as angelic beings because the seven Spirits are the seven eyes upon the one Stone, and they are the seven eyes of YHWH, and being seven eyes they are therefore the seven holy Watchers which are ha-Elohim-Angels, and the Torah was given through Angels according to the Scripture. So if you want to say "ministers", well okay, but in that sense they are "ministers of fire". :)

Gurucam

CherubRam said:
Hello, my name is Michael; I am a Judaic Christian. That is a type of Protestant Christian. It also means that I believe in keeping the commands of God under the New Covenant.

Hebrews: 8 KJV N.T.
13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
Romans: 3 KJV N.T.
21 But now (since 2000 odd years ago) the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Acts: 13 KJV N.T.
39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.
Galatians: 5 KJV N.T.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Romans: 8 KJV N.T.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Galatians: 3 KJV N.T.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster (i.e. the law of sin)
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

You sound like some kind of foolish and confused person. Don't you want to be a child of God/sons of God?

There can be no different types of Christians?

There can only be false Christians and real ones. On this earth, there is only a few real Christians. They are the chosen few.

The remainder are misled and foolishly and corruptly believe that they are Christians. These are billions. They are the great majority of people who are called to be Christians but are not chosen. They are misled by false peophets who came in Jesus' name. They know that their idea about Christianity is simply one among many. Therefore they have no choice but to falsely and corruptly believe that there are many types of Christians because there are many beliefs of what is Christianity. The very idea that there are many types of Christians is corrupt.

There in only one totally correct set of ideas that is Christianity. Only those few who have this correct set of ideas about Christianity could be Christians. This correct set of ideas about Christianity is the set that the chosen few have and use. Only they are authentic Christians. Only these few are saved and/or chosen.

All others sets of ideas about Christianity are false. They lead to many types of Christians. These are all false Christians. They are not saved and/or chosen.

Matthew: 7 KJV N.T.
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and [size=+1]few[/size] there be that find it.
Matthew: 22 KJV N.T.
14 For many are called, but [size=+1]few[/size] are chosen.
The chosen [size=+1]few[/size] know that there is only one correct path that is Christianity and they have adapted it.

On the other hand the great masses (billions) believe that there are many types of Christians. They err and are not chosen.

Only a false prophet who came in Jesus name will mislead you into believing that there are different types of Christians. They generally want your soul and spirit for Satan.

You are taking your salvation and deliverance much too lightly. You are walking around unaware, ready, available and willing to be suckered by false prophets who came in Jesus' name Fact is strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and [size=+1]few[/size] there be that find it.

The few who find the strait gate and narrow way are those who know the only correct set of ideas that constitute Christianity. You want to be among that small set of people. They are the chosen few. They are no millions in that group. There are not even hundreds of thousands in that group. There are just a few in that group.

Last edited:

Truster

Jew is a fairly recent addition to the English language as is the letter 'J'. The fact you are using the term Jew proves that you haven't got a clue as to what the original word in Hebrew means.
The same applies to Israel and until you know what the original words meant to the people who first heard them you will keep going around in circles.

Your OP reminds me of children playing a game of pretend and in this case you are pretending to understand something that you haven't got a clue about.

CherubRam

Do you know why that is? Because in the Septuagint Old Greek, (before Theodotion) it says in Daniel 12:1 that Michael shall pass away and that is likewise the reason for the great time of trouble which had never been until that time, (nor ever shall be). And, of course, the Old Greek is correct, imo, for even the sariym-princes are said to fall, (Psalm 82:6-7). However this does not mean there are no such things as angelic beings because the seven Spirits are the seven eyes upon the one Stone, and they are the seven eyes of YHWH, and being seven eyes they are therefore the seven holy Watchers which are ha-Elohim-Angels, and the Torah was given through Angels according to the Scripture. So if you want to say "ministers", well okay, but in that sense they are "ministers of fire". :)

The Septuagint is a poor translation.

Gurucam

I see that Gurucam is putting words in my mouth by misquoting me. What an evil thing to do.

Are you saying that I misquoted you?

Where? What are the words that I ascribed to you that are not yours or what words are not who you are?

I am ready and willing to accept correction and to apologize as well.

Please show and tell me what is my precise transgression?

Can't seem to get you to make a definitive statement.

. . . I could back-up my claims. At least I perceive that I could do so. However I cannot try if you do not get precise.

Actually the only thing that I quoted from you is
CherubRam said:
Hello, my name is Michael; I am a Judaic Christian. That is a type of Protestant Christian. It also means that I believe in keeping the commands of God under the New Covenant.

Are you saying that those are not your words?

This is not you? Click the following for my source:

http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/21757-cherubram/

Gurucam

Jew is a fairly recent addition to the English language as is the letter 'J'. The fact you are using the term Jew proves that you haven't got a clue as to what the original word in Hebrew means.
The same applies to Israel and until you know what the original words meant to the people who first heard them you will keep going around in circles.

Your OP reminds me of children playing a game of pretend and in this case you are pretending to understand something that you haven't got a clue about.

I am not sure that you are referring to my use of the word: Jew.

If so well here goes:

I do not wish to get into lettered discernment with killeth. Also I do not wish to get into 'the Jews' and the details of their tradition.

My reference was simple and superficial but accurate as far as I know . . . as they relate to Christianity. I am not attempting to prove that I have a clue as to what the original word in Hebrew means. I am happy and content with the meaning conveyed in the KJV N.T.

At any event, I cannot discern how your statement relates to what I posted. You seem to want to 'any which way' point out that you have and use a Hebrew/English dictionary. Is this your aim?

You are free to correct what I posted, which were the following:
They are people who deny and renounce the Lord Jesus.

It is reported that: the law of Jewish Rabbis, for those seeking to live in Israel, is as follow:

One must clearly show one's Jewish heritage through some complicated red tape approach (this is the slow track approach) . . . Or totally denounce the Lord Jesus (this is the fast track approach).

That is O.K. for them, in their 'land'. They esteem the law, sin and punishment in hell and they will be dealt with under the law, sin and punishment in hell. Everyone knows where they stand. They are forthright about their approach to life (they are not like some people who are doing the same thing covertly).

However the approach of the Jews is not acceptable outside of their 'land'. Any one doing that among Christians are false prophets who came in Jesus' name. They are false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage (i.e. under the law, sin and punishment in hell)
Please correct anything that you perceives to be not correct in the above.

Is the use of the letter "J" and the word "Jews" confusing to you? Are you suggesting that their insertion and meaning in English Language is inaccurate and should not be allowed? What is your point?

Do you not get the point that I am making?

If you do get the point that I am making then communication is complete and perfect. If not then I will have to use more words. However you will have to tell me more precisely exactly what is confusing you.

Last edited:

CherubRam

Are you saying that I misquoted you?

Where? What are the words that I ascribed to you that are not yours or what words are not who you are?

I am ready and willing to accept correction and to apologize as well.

Please show and tell me what is my precise transgression?

Can't seem to get you to make a definitive statement.

. . . I could back-up my claims. At least I perceive that I could do so. However I cannot try if you do not get precise.

Actually the only thing that I quoted from you is

Are you saying that those are not your words?

This is not you? Click the following for my source:

http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/21757-cherubram/

The problem is post #64. You figure it out.

Gurucam

The problem is post #64. You figure it out.

I do not have to figure out any thing. You made a claim please back it up with precise support.

This is not about games. This is a about straight forward debating.

You are posturing like a lemon used car sales man.

daqq

You sound like some kind of foolish and confused person. Don't you want to be a child of God/sons of God?

There can be no different types of Christians?

There can only be false Christians and real ones. On this earth, there is only a few real Christians. They are the chosen few.

The remainder are misled and foolishly and corruptly believe that they are Christians. These are billions. They are the great majority of people who are called to be Christians but are not chosen. They are misled by false peophets who came in Jesus' name. They know that their idea about Christianity is simply one among many. Therefore they have no choice but to falsely and corruptly believe that there are many types of Christians because there are many beliefs of what is Christianity. The very idea that there are many types of Christians is corrupt.

There in only one totally correct set of ideas that is Christianity. Only those few who have this correct set of ideas about Christianity could be Christians. This correct set of ideas about Christianity is the set that the chosen few have and use. Only they are authentic Christians. Only these few are saved and/or chosen.

All others sets of ideas about Christianity are false. They lead to many types of Christians. These are all false Christians. They are not saved and/or chosen.

The chosen [SIZE=+1]few[/SIZE] know that there is only one correct path that is Christianity and they have adapted it.

On the other hand the great masses (billions) believe that there are many types of Christians. They err and are not chosen.

Only a false prophet who came in Jesus name will mislead you into believing that there are different types of Christians. They generally want your soul and spirit for Satan.

You are taking your salvation and deliverance much too lightly. You are walking around unaware, ready, available and willing to be suckered by false prophets who came in Jesus' name Fact is strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and [SIZE=+1]few[/SIZE] there be that find it.

The few who find the strait gate and narrow way are those who know the only correct set of ideas that constitute Christianity. You want to be among that small set of people. They are the chosen few. They are no millions in that group. There are not even hundreds of thousands in that group. There are just a few in that group.

Hi Gurucam, nice to meet you, if one is going to use quotes from Yeshua, (Jesus) to support what he or she says and believes, (which I think is excellently awesome and whole-heartedly agree with!) then the same must certainly be willing to accept everything the Master says, that is, everything written that is attributed to him, correct? Let's not be picky and choosy here, right? Alrighty then, friend, I'm quite sure you must agree or you would not be quoting from his words: so how then do you understand the following and apply it to yourself?

Matthew 15:21-28 KJV
21. Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.
22. And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
23. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
24. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
25. Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
26. But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
27. And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
28. Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

As one may clearly see in the above passage worship was not the point. However I would particularly like to know your understanding of this clear emphatic statement which was never altered, rescinded, expounded, or even explained; it simply is what it is, and stands to this day because the words of Messiah shall not pass away:

Matthew 15:24 RSV
24. He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Matthew 15:24 NJB
24. He said in reply, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the House of Israel."

Matthew 15:24 WEY
24. "I have only been sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel," He replied.

So apparently then, if one is not of "the lost sheep of the house of Israel", Yeshua clearly and emphatically states that he was not sent to that person, period. How then does one become of the lost sheep of the house of Israel? or do you not agree that the above applies to you? :)

:sheep:

CherubRam

Can you provide a link to your translation of Daniel 12:1
From the online Septuagint
Daniel 12:1 And at that time Michael the great prince shall stand up, that stands over the children of thy people:

CherubRam

Hi Gurucam, nice to meet you, if one is going to use quotes from Yeshua, (Jesus) to support what he or she says and believes, (which I think is excellently awesome and whole-heartedly agree with!) then the same must certainly be willing to accept everything the Master says, that is, everything written that is attributed to him, correct? Let's not be picky and choosy here, right? Alrighty then, friend, I'm quite sure you must agree or you would not be quoting from his words: so how then do you understand the following and apply it to yourself?

Matthew 15:21-28 KJV
21. Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.
22. And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
23. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
24. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
25. Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
26. But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
27. And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
28. Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

As one may clearly see in the above passage worship was not the point. However I would particularly like to know your understanding of this clear emphatic statement which was never altered, rescinded, expounded, or even explained; it simply is what it is, and stands to this day because the words of Messiah shall not pass away:

24. He said in reply, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the House of Israel."

24. "I have only been sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel," He replied.

So apparently then, if one is not of "the lost sheep of the house of Israel", Yeshua clearly and emphatically states that he was not sent to that person, period. How then does one become of the lost sheep of the house of Israel? or do you not agree that the above applies to you? :)

John 10:16
I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

CherubRam

I am aware that "Jew" is a modern term for "Judean."

Gurucam

Hi Gurucam, nice to meet you, if one is going to use quotes from Yeshua, (Jesus) to support what he or she says and believes, (which I think is excellently awesome and whole-heartedly agree with!) then the same must certainly be willing to accept everything the Master says, that is, everything written that is attributed to him, correct?

:idea: :idea: Hi to you also.

I agree with you. Also I agree with the KJV N.T.verses which you quoted.

The critical question is: Who are "the lost sheep of the house of Israel"?

It absolutely important to discern exactly who are: "the lost sheep of the house of Israel".

The Lord confirmed:
Galatians: 3 KJV N.T.
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
The 'house of Israel' describes people who are under the law. They were under the curse of the law.

The Lord came to redeem them from the curse of the law.

Therefore "the lost sheep of the house of Israel" are those who were under the law, sin and punishment in hell. They are the lost because they were under the law, sin and punishment in hell and there is no salvation and deliverance under that system. They all fall short of the Glory of God. Therefore they are all lost sheep.
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
The Lord came to redeem them by introducing them to righteousness of God that is without the law, sin and punishment in hell. This is through His Spirit (the New Covenant).
21 But now (since 2000 odd years ago) the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Romans: 4 KJV N.T.
15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
2 Corinthians: 3 KJV N.T.
17 Now (since 2000 odd years ago) the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is [size=+1]liberty[/size].
Acts: 13 KJV N.T.
39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.
Romans: 8 KJV N.T.
1 There is therefore now (since 2000 odd years ago) no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
The Lord came to justify the transgression of the Ten Commandments.

"The lost sheep of the house of Israel" are [SIZE=+2]not[/SIZE] those were not of the house of Israel. Quite to the contrary. The exact opposite is correct.

"The lost sheep of the house of Israel" were and continue to be all people in Israel.
They have denounced the Lord and His New Covenant which is "righteousness of God that is without the law".

They denied, persecuted, tortured, blasphemed and aided the crucifixion of the Lord Jesus because he sought to introduce them and others to "righteousness of God that is without the law".

The house of Israel wanted to and continued to remain under the law, sin and punishment in hell . . . under which all of them sin and fall short of the glory of God. They wanted to and did stay under the curse of the law, sin and punishment in hell. This made them all "lost sheep of the house of Israel". They (Israel) were all the lost sheep of Israel and they all remained the lost sheep of Israel.

:idea: :idea: Please quote the verse in the KJV N.T. where the word, "Yeshua" appears?

:idea: :idea: You are well advise to drop the law, sin and punishment in hell and embrace "righteousness of God that is without the law" before it is too late and you are sent to hell for transgression of the law.
19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Only people of Israel and similar others who esteem the law, inevitably and invariably fall short of the Glory of God and goes to hell, with Satan.

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

Is this basically your whole point here? I don't get it.

All this energy spent on saying what Paul stated in one verse, one sentence. What's the bid deal?

Truster

Neither of which conveys what the original words conveyed. Names and titles in Hebrew need to be transliterated and not translated as there were no comparative words in any target language to translate the originals into.

I don't expect you to understand this, but it is a fact.

daqq

Can you provide a link to your translation of Daniel 12:1
From the online Septuagint
Daniel 12:1 And at that time Michael the great prince shall stand up, that stands over the children of thy people:

You have to remember that the Septuagint now has Theodotion in the place of the Old Greek when it comes to the book of Daniel. For instance when you read Daniel in the Brenton English Translation of the Septuagint it is not a translation of the Old Greek but of the Theodotion version.

Daniel 12:1 LXX Septuagint (Old Greek)
12:1 και κατα την ωραν εκεινην παρελευσεται μιχαηλ ο αγγελος ο μεγας ο εστηκως επι τους υιους του λαου σου εκεινη η ημερα θλιψεως οια ουκ εγενηθη αφ' ου εγενηθησαν εως της ημερας εκεινης και εν εκεινη τη ημερα υψωθησεται πας ο λαος ος αν ευρεθη εγγεγραμμενος εν τω βιβλιω
http://bibledatabase.net/html/septuagint/27_012.htm
http://bibledatabase.net/html/septuagint/index.htm

The bold highlighted word is "pareleusetai", (a form of "parerchomai", to come near/pass by or to come up aside/beside) which is much more often rendered "pass away" but can also mean "come near"/"pass by", (which would make absoutley no sense in this context because it is what causes the great time of trouble). The same exact form is employed by the author of Matthew in the following statement from Yeshua:

Matthew 24:35 Transliterated
35. Ho ouranos kai he ge pareleusetai, hoi de logoimou ou-me parelthosin.
35. The heaven and the earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
http://biblehub.com/text/matthew/24-35.htm