White Lives Matter

Arthur Brain

What difference does being classic make?

Plenty if you can appreciate film making...You have problems going on.

Good grief...now Artie is going after you because you don't like the Shining? :jawdrop:

I'm beginning to think some swamp creatures are dwelling right here. ;)

He actually went after me GD if you look back on that 'youtube' thread. He thinks one of the films that you and I like is trash because blah blah blah. You wanna try and keep up once in a while.

:plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Nope, I'm not saying you're the reason he's gone...don't flatter yourself.
I never said I was the reason he was benched. In fact, the last time he was gone before I knew about it.

I'm just pointing out your role in it, because you're a little too proud of yourself to let it pass.
What role? I'm not a mod and I didn't even report the last one. I don't have a problem noting that I objected to the racist bits. And if I didn't credit it you'd accuse me of attempting to hide. Because that's how distorted you are. Either way you're going to cobble a reason to rail.

I am curious to see how long you'll run him down now that he's gone.
If he's ever truly gone that will end my thinking of him. But so far he's been back before the paint dried, every time.

Cool, now you're trying the old trick of projecting your faults onto me. Don't worry, I noticed.
Are you trying to be ironic or is it just that you can't help it?
The "blood and pride" in my eyes was a Bonus, however. :rotfl:
Whereas your complaints on the point are largely a bogus. :eek:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
No, you left out the profanity, immaturity and inability to take his medicine. That would be the totality of what he presents here, sadly. What he is beyond that, God knows. He makes up "facts" so who can trust more than how he puts his understanding to paper, so to speak. But if you think you can try a tactic that hasn't been tried over the years and usernames and make a difference, stop wasting time judging me and get to it.

I'll wish you luck and mean it.

I've answered this twice. No reason to think you'd read a third anymore than you appear to have read the first two.

You mean the words that I use to describe the words he uses.

Now until you take up that challenge relating to your labeling, your projecting beyond that is nothing short of an ironic hoot.

Now show me how you believe it's done:

Heel, physician thyself.

Hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
No imagining your person . It comes through clearly.
One side of a gunfight can look like murder too, but an honest person or someone not overwhelmed by their own grudge wouldn't present that.

Here's the actual:

:blabla: :blabla: :blabla:
Yeah, that's how I figured you'd manage it. Poorly.

Cool....I love it when you put on your pompous outfit.
You're like a book with one page in crayon, aren't you.

It's even got frills around the neck...don't deny it.
What's with you people imagining my person. I thought it was creepy enough with Voldemort. Well, at least you're dressing me.

Crafts? I can make you one of those white wigs for you to practice with in front of a mirror.
This could turn funny, a cracker choking on her parroting.

So I'm actually answering a nasty bit of business with barbed humor.

And now I've answered yours.

Reactions: Lon

ClimateSanity

One side of a gunfight can look like murder too, but an honest person or someone not overwhelmed by their own grudge wouldn't present that.

Here's the actual:

So I'm actually answering a nasty bit of business with barbed humor.

And now I've answered yours.
And you think your different? Do you ever put your finger anywhere else other than pointing it?

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app

glorydaz

Plenty if you can appreciate film making...You have problems going on.

He actually went after me GD if you look back on that 'youtube' thread. He thinks one of the films that you and I like is trash because blah blah blah. You wanna try and keep up once in a while.

:plain:

I can try, but I'm not sure I want to.:rain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And you think your different? Do you ever put your finger anywhere else other than pointing it?
Yes, CS, I do and so do you, which is why you left the other half of that conversation off, as I noted in my gunfight analogy. I think meeting a humorless insult with humor is different, can invite a different response and forces people to look at a thing differently than meeting it in kind. I think I'm different because I can compliment Glory on her parenting skills or rep GM on a point even though I know I'll never see more than an upturned nose from either of them. Because I can and do distinguish between the person I can't know and the conduct I can't condone. Because nothing would make me happier than seeing someone I'm disinclined to like bear beautiful fruit and I'd have no qualms in praising the outcome. I'm different because I can, have and do poke myself with that finger, a thing even Sod acknowledges, if only because it's his favorite (and likely the only thing he likes) about what I write. I'm different because I'm willing to consider a thing offered reasonably and rationally and invite it at any turn, as I did with you, like you or not.

I wish that I was Psalmist's kind of different. That was a man to model after, but I'm too inclined to fight, enjoy the joust too much to meet the world with his amiable and I think much more Christ like approach...something to shoot for though. In the fullness of time and with God what isn't possible that's worthwhile?

I think I'm different because I wouldn't do what you did among the atheists where I was championing the faith...And I think I'm different because I don't feel my way through the world, though I'm not unfeeling. If emotion contradicts reason then the emotion is suspect, because truth and any decent feeling are not and never will be at odds. And I'm different because my friendship and regard isn't predicated on agreement with an ideological litmus.

Is that difference better? It is to me. Does it make me better than the next fellow, than you or Glory? No, comparing our shabbiness among ourselves is nonsensical, which is why you keep missing with the condescension bit when you should be reading a level of incredulity coupled with a head shake, and even the arrogance assertion, if more understandable, misses the mark. I'm a Christian and a rationalist, it would be irrational to believe I'm better than anyone from within this context, pointless to play king of the hill on our dung heap of sin. We are distinguished by our differences and they speak to all sorts of things that have value, but ultimately either we are clothed in the love and forgiveness, the grace of God or we are not. Those who are cannot seriously squabble about their place at the table and those who aren't should invite compassion or at least pity.

Ultimately that's the only difference that matters and what we do with it, which likely means most of us should be ashamed more often than not around here, myself included.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You're wondering where Climate Sanity might get the idea you're condescending?

Heck, I only had to read this paragraph to find a couple of perfect examples plus a bit of gloating to boot. :rotfl:

to be fair, town is in as much need of help as cruc is

and as unlikely to admit it

it amazes me that they don't recognize themselves in each other

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

It could be that the point CS was making is that you were offended by a video where a man says the f-word in a non-hateful non-aggressive content, but were not offended by a video of murder, demons, an ax-wielding psychopath, and the f-bomb in it. And even went on to give the video of murder, demons, and ax-wielding psychopath, and the f-bomb high praise

Or, it could be that CS is one that thinks horror movies are a tool of Satan. I know several people that do think that.
I'm not one of those people.
I have watched tons of horror movies all my life, and none of them have ever made me question my faith in GOD as my Savior.

eider

Only all the way to the other side of the Atlantic!
Good swimmer, are you?

Look, I could probably have done better than that, it's just so pathetic imo to feel the need to shout stuff like 'white lives matter' when you know full well that millions of white lives in your country and mine need a lot of support at this time, because robotics, IT andother technology is undermining jobs left right and centre.

Hundreds of thousands of folks need financial support at this time, and loads of 'em are white, and I just get the sneekiest feeling that they won't be getting much support from the right wing in politics.

So...... I think your thread could be hypocritical, that's all.....

Arthur Brain

It could be that the point CS was making is that you were offended by a video where a man says the f-word in a non-hateful non-aggressive content, but were not offended by a video of murder, demons, an ax-wielding psychopath, and the f-bomb in it. And even went on to give the video of murder, demons, and ax-wielding psychopath, and the f-bomb high praise

Or, it could be that CS is one that thinks horror movies are a tool of Satan. I know several people that do think that.
I'm not one of those people.
I have watched tons of horror movies all my life, and none of them have ever made me question my faith in GOD as my Savior.

I think he just has hang ups, but either way you'd be both kinda missing the point. I, personally, am not offended by the 'F' word. However, I do not expect to hear it in a video on a family oriented site without a warning in place about possible offensive language, if for no other reason than I could have kids about.

Sure, I'll praise 'The Shining', as a piece of film making it's a masterpiece on plenty levels. Not many films I won't praise directed by Kubrick for that matter.

eider

It's about white people. Doesn't matter where they live.
There is nothing hypocritical about admiring the accomplishments of white people.

Oh please.........
Give it up........
I think you're very selective about which white folks you take interest in.... just my opinion....