White Lives Matter

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What heritage?
Pride in which particular part of 'white' history did you have in mind?
....just askin'......

The great composers

Ludwig Van Beethoven
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Johan Sebastian Bach
Johannas Brahms
Joseph Haydan
Frederick Handel

I could go on...

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There was an interesting study a while ago about the fact that just about everyone overestimates themselves, especially when it comes to acumen. I'd recommend the Standford-Binet to you and the girls, but I never intentionally hurt anyone's feelings when I can help it.

Shoot. :mmph: :eek:

Are you underestimating you or me?

eider

The great composers

Ludwig Van Beethoven
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Johan Sebastian Bach
Johannas Brahms
Joseph Haydan
Frederick Handel

I could go on...

You could go on..... Oh really!
Why, you had to go all the way to Europe to find an example? Sheesh!
And....and..... the first two on that list went somewhat bonkers! :D

The fact that a huge Cathedral organ bashing out Bach is one of the greatest oral experiences is true, but most of you are stuck in the USA...... ( umm, where are you) ..... friggin' Minnesota!??

My perception of your post (and the thread) is this....... you had to go a long way, and think hard, to get a list of wonderful whites. It's much easier to just neutralise the anger and frustration that causes the need for a 'white lives matter' ranting thread by joining in discussion about Humans who have made a difference, then you don't need to worry about who is white. Huh?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Other great people who happen to have white skin.

Ronald Reagan
Chester Nimitz
Babe Ruth
Lou Gehrig

But why do we have to separate people into races. Why have a such and such history month at all? All of us are descended from Noah. Of one blood God created the nations.

Racial bickering is stupid.

ClimateSanity

Sorry, CS, but it wasn't my first rodeo with him. I'd had a lot of conversations under a number of his usernames. What he was peddling here got him evicted numerous times and he evidenced a fairly hard heart on the point. From profanity to blaming every part of his troubles on other people, Jews to the moderators. My attempt was to speak a truth to him that's important he address in terms that don't allow him to miss it, only to step around it. If you want to read condescension into it I can't stop you, but that wasn't the spirit of it from this end.

Here's an exercise that might be profitable for both of us. Pull out a sentence you think evidences condescension. Explain why it does and how you'd have stated it differently. At the very least it would give me an understanding of why you felt that way about it, why someone I was attempting to speak to on a point might and what I could do to lessen the chance, given it's not my intention.

Now that would be a compassionate and helpful response.
I didn't make the focus of my post clear it seems. Forget condescension for the moment. The guy is in obvious pain. He comes here to vent. Your intelligent enough. Clear out your PM box and let him vent. Promise to keep it secret. Try to identify the cause of the pain. I know you aren't a licensed psychologist but he probably would never go to one. Stop judging him and share a few drinks at the bar with him in the PM box.

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I didn't make the focus of my post clear it seems.
Oh, I'd say your focus is hard to miss. It's the same impulse that lets you feel comfortable with additional character shots in the thread where I was gently confronting an atheistic presumption. It's the thing that has you stepping around an invitation to do more than judge and declare with regard to me while telling me to withhold judgement and take a softer approach.

Beyond that, if you think the right approach to racists and misogynists is to invite them over to tell you all about it, go to it and let all of us know how that turns out.

Forget condescension for the moment.
Again, that exists in your head and not in mine, which is why I presented an opportunity you declined.

What you read between Cruc and yours truly is part of an ongoing conversation over a great deal of time. I'm tired of the Jew hating, woman hating screed he pours out here regardless of approach. I'm weary of the profanity, the childish tantrums and the characterless disregard for his own word and conduct. If you want to read patronizing superiority instead of an irked and strained patience then that's your right, but it doesn't make you right.

And the thing is, I already told you that, but it didn't fit with the narrative you have running about me in your noggin.

Sorry, CS, but it wasn't my first rodeo with him. I'd had a lot of conversations under a number of his usernames. What he was peddling here got him evicted numerous times and he evidenced a fairly hard heart on the point. From profanity to blaming every part of his troubles on other people, Jews to the moderators. My attempt was to speak a truth to him that's important he address in terms that don't allow him to miss it, only to step around it. If you want to read condescension into it I can't stop you, but that wasn't the spirit of it from this end.

Here's an exercise that might be profitable for both of us. Pull out a sentence you think evidences condescension. Explain why it does and how you'd have stated it differently. At the very least it would give me an understanding of why you felt that way about it, why someone I was attempting to speak to on a point might and what I could do to lessen the chance, given it's not my intention.

Now that would be a compassionate and helpful response.
But that would run a risk too, wouldn't it.

ClimateSanity

Oh, I'd say your focus is hard to miss. It's the same impulse that lets you feel comfortable with additional character shots in the thread where I was gently confronting an atheistic presumption. It's the thing that has you stepping around an invitation to do more than judge and declare with regard to me while telling me to withhold judgement and take a softer approach.

Beyond that, if you think the right approach to racists and misogynists is to invite them over to tell you all about it, go to it and let all of us know how that turns out.

Again, that exists in your head and not in mine, which is why I presented an opportunity you declined.

What you read between Cruc and yours truly is part of an ongoing conversation over a great deal of time. I'm tired of the Jew hating, woman hating screed he pours out here regardless of approach. I'm weary of the profanity, the childish tantrums and the characterless disregard for his own word and conduct. If you want to read patronizing superiority instead of an irked and strained patience then that's your right, but it doesn't make you right.

And the thing is, I already told you that, but it didn't fit with the narrative you have running about me in your noggin.

But that would run a risk too, wouldn't it.
So the totality of cruc is his misogyny or racism? Why not investigate the source if those symptoms? People are not born with the labels you apply to them?

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app

glorydaz

You're wondering where Climate Sanity might get the idea you're condescending?

Heck, I only had to read this paragraph to find a couple of perfect examples plus a bit of gloating to boot. :rotfl: