When Did the Disciples of Jesus Stop Observing the Old Testament Laws?

clefty

It is God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

It is NOT God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, the Sabbath Day Saturday, and the Holy Spirit.

You have put a SHADOW up there with God.

A shadow is not up there with Jesus who is up there.

The shadow is of Jesus Christ who is above everything and everyone.

The shadow is a teaching tool.

We do not use teaching tools anymore because the Teacher has come.

Of course we don't worship a day...but those three do rest on it...it is Holy and a memorial...not for them as I think they would remember...

pity you don't use the teaching tool still...as you are not in accordance to what it teaches...

God's Truth

Of course we don't worship a day...but those three do rest on it...it is Holy and a memorial...not for them as I think they would remember...

pity you don't use the teaching tool still...as you are not in accordance to what it teaches...

I do not have shadows I have Jesus Christ Himself.

I do not have teachings tools I have the Teacher Himself.

clefty

I do not have shadows I have Jesus Christ Himself.

I do not have teachings tools I have the Teacher Himself.

And He teaches you contrary to previous Law?

You might think you have Him but does He have you?

You seem to build a golden calf and claim it's yours...it is...good luck

God's Truth

And He teaches you contrary to previous Law?

Jesus taught changes to the old law.

The old law says to take the eye from someone who caused another to lose their eye, and to take the hand, foot...Think about it. How did Jesus change it?

The old law says you can divorce three times. How did Jesus change it?

The old law says a thief can be put to death. Jesus changed it to the needy being helped not put to death for stealing.

The old law says you are unclean if you eat pork... Jesus said what goes in does not make anyone unclean, but rather what comes out of them.

You might think you have Him but does He have you?

I have a powerful testimony of when I was saved. Your accusations and innuendos can never touch what I have.

You seem to build a golden calf and claim it's yours...it is...good luck

The written Word of God says people blasphemy things they do not understand. You.

CherubRam

The disciples themselves kept the Old Covenant laws until the temple was destroyed. After that they preached that we are the temple. Before the destruction of the temple, they preached that the new converts did not have to keep the Old Covenant commands.

God's Truth

The disciples themselves kept the Old Covenant laws until the temple was destroyed. After that they preached that we are the temple. Before the destruction of the temple, they preached that the new converts did not have to keep the Old Covenant commands.

Jesus taught we would be the temple of God when the Holy Spirit would be given.

The disciples were temples of God even before the temple was destroyed, but the old law temple regulations were still enforced by the Pharisees and teachers of the law.

CherubRam

The New Covenant is the Sabbath and all of the moral commands. Circumcision, Festivals, sacrifices, and the old priesthood is what was done away with.

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]2 Corinthians 6:16.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]we are the temple[/FONT][FONT=&quot] of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people." [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
17"Therefore [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]come out from them and be separate[/FONT][FONT=&quot], says the Lord. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you."
18"I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says Yahwah Almighty."

[FONT=&quot]Revelation 21:22.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I did not see a temple in the city[/FONT][FONT=&quot], because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

CherubRam

John 4:20-21 "20 Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship." 21 Jesus said to her, "Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father."

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Hebrews 12:21[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, 23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, 24 to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Galatians 4:27[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar. 25 Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children. 26 But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 Peter 2:5[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

The Living Stone and a Chosen People

4 As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him— 5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house[[/FONT][FONT=&quot]a[/FONT][FONT=&quot]] to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 For in Scripture it says: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“See, I lay a stone in Zion,
a chosen and precious cornerstone,
and the one who trusts in him
will never be put to shame.”[/FONT]
Yahwah is our foundational Rock and Yahshua is our capstone.

clefty

Jesus is the Sabbath Day.

Was never said by Him or in scripture....

That was to the Jews for when the temple would be destroyed.

Why didn't He just say so?

So Sabbath was destroyed when the temple was...and not at the cross?

I guess that is progression on your part...

You would think it would be made more clear...

Last edited:

clefty

Try to actually debate what I say. Your mere insults and denial is not defense for truth.

Insult? Sorry where? You make so much up I get lost...maybe I did?

And btw saying the same thing over and over again having evidence for it is not a debate....you are merely repeating yourself AND with no evidence to back it up...

Bring the evidence and we can begin the debate...

Last edited:

clefty

Jesus taught changes to the old law.

The old law says to take the eye from someone who caused another to lose their eye, and to take the hand, foot...Think about it. How did Jesus change it?

The old law says you can divorce three times. How did Jesus change it?

The old law says a thief can be put to death. Jesus changed it to the needy being helped not put to death for stealing.

The Law remains in all cases He merely changed its enforcement and penalty...and amplified the spirit of the Law...

The old law says you are unclean if you eat pork... Jesus said what goes in does not make anyone unclean, but rather what comes out of them.
you do realize one can eat clean meat while unclean yes?

Never should we teach He made all flesh clean...we don't cannibalize...human flesh is not food...

I have a powerful testimony of when I was saved. Your accusations and innuendos can never touch what I have.

Do tell...

The written Word of God says people blasphemy things they do not understand. You.

I don't understand you...as you claim to be on His team but ain't playing by His rules...His game His way

you have the "Jesus is Sabbath" construct and it is a counterfeit...

clefty

3 of the 4 requirements in acts 15 council dealt with kosher laws and Paul taught Gentiles crowding synagogues on Sabbaths and collected first fruit offerings of Gentiles to take with him back to the congregation/ temple....

God's Truth

The New Covenant is the Sabbath and all of the moral commands. Circumcision, Festivals, sacrifices, and the old priesthood is what was done away with.

No, special days are now worthless.

Galatians 4:9 But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how is it that you turn back again to the weak and worthless elemental things, to which you desire to be enslaved all over again?

God's Truth

Was never said by Him or in scripture....

The scriptures show us that Jesus is the Sabbath.

Jesus is our Rest.

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Isaiah 30:15 This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.

Isaiah 28:12 to whom he said, "This is the resting place, let the weary rest"; and, "This is the place of repose"-- but they would not listen.

All the special days were about Jesus.

See Galatians 4:9, 10; Romans 14:5; Colossians 2:16, 17; Hebrews 8:5; Hebrews 10:1.

clefty

No, special days are now worthless.

Galatians 4:9 But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how is it that you turn back again to the weak and worthless elemental things, to which you desire to be enslaved all over again?

You already tried this text and it misfired...a dud in your arsenal...a swing and a miss...

The text just prior places it in it the context that Paul was addressing the converted Celts...."Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods."

Now the celts are a proud people with a very ancient culture who are proud of their history...they still have their gods and calendar and thus ironically this text was prophetic....and still relevant...

This has nothing to do with those who remained in that church in the wilderness as Stephen called it before he was killed by those who like you refused to extend the protections of Torah.

So please stop hurting yourself with that (s)word of the Lord you are using in Ignorance...or with deceptive intent...

God's Truth

You already tried this text and it misfired...a dud in your arsenal...a swing and a miss...

The text just prior places it in it the context that Paul was addressing the converted Celts...."Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods."

Now the celts are a proud people with a very ancient culture who are proud of their history...they still have their gods and calendar and thus ironically this text was prophetic....and still relevant...

This has nothing to do with those who remained in that church in the wilderness as Stephen called it before he was killed by those who like you refused to extend the protections of Torah.

So please stop hurting yourself with that (s)word of the Lord you are using in Ignorance...or with deceptive intent...

They were Pagans who worshiped special days and years...now the Judaizers talked the saved Galatians into observing their special days. Observing special days is worthless.