ECT What is the true root objection to MAD?

Doom

MADist do not read the gospels, apparently, for Jesus prophesied and taught several times about His decreed death and resurrection.
We read them, but YOU don't.

Luke 18:31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

Luke 18:32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

Luke 18:33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

Luke 18:34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

musterion

Luke 18:34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

By Pentecost they realized what happened according to the prophets. But they still did not know the scope -- that it was for the sins of the whole world without distinction.

Now watch someone come along and claim they did know exactly that but fail to provide proof they knew it.

Excluding Nang of course...she believes Satan's gospel that it was only for the elect.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
We read it, but YOU don't.

Luke 18:31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

Luke 18:32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

Luke 18:33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

So I ask, are Jesus' words teaching about His death and resurrection Truth, or are they not Truth because His disciples did not yet understand?

All things Godly and decreed salvific are worked by God in the fulness of time. You cannot eliminate Truth and the Gospel message, just because not all sinners believe it . . . yet?

Jesus Christ Incarnated, died, and resurrected in the fullness of time. Does that mean His death and resurrection was invalid for all who lived before His time, or is invalid for those who do not believe until He opens their spiritual eyes to understand, and breathes the Holy Spirit upon them?

Why so many eliminating gaps of saving grace within MAD?

Doom

By Pentecost they realized what happened according to the prophets. But they still did not know the scope -- that it was for the sins of the whole world without distinction.

Now watch someone come along and claim they did know exactly that but fail to provide proof they knew it.

Excluding Nang of course...she believes Satan's gospel that it was only for the elect.
Even Peter did not know understand the scope of it several years after Pentecost...

"Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him." Acts 10:34-35

Nang

TOL Subscriber
No, He was not. He was not speaking to you either.

Well, you can skip loving God with all your heart, mind, and soul if you choose . . . but I am blessed by that commandment and mean to continue in it.

Was Jesus speaking to you when He said "Tell no one that I am the Christ"?

Does that fact, give you reason to not read those words and at least ponder why Jesus said them to that individual?

I suppose you do not pray the Lord's Prayer, either, as He instructed.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think Paul's one teaching in I Corinthians 15 is gospel, but overemphasized

We have already been through this with you. You can stop saying you "believe, but".

MAD would do better to focus on the teachings of Jesus

1 Corinthians 15:3-4 is the teaching of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
We have already been through this with you. You can stop saying you "believe, but".

1 Corinthians 15:3-4 is the teaching of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Of course it is the teaching of the Lord Jesus Christ. I never said otherwise . . .

But so is the rest of the Holy Scriptures the teaching of the Lord Jesus Christ. He IS THE WORD.

Why do you limit Truth to only what Paul taught?

heir

TOL Subscriber
They still did not know "that Christ died for our sins". They preached the d, b, r as a murder indictment, but that God raised Christ up. Peter and the boys didn't know Paul's my gospel until he went up by revelation and communicated it unto them (Galatians 2).

God had the wisdom and the power to keep Paul's my gospel a mystery until He wanted it revealed!

Doom

So I ask, are Jesus' words teaching about His death and resurrection Truth, or are they not Truth because His disciples did not yet understand?
Yes, Jesus died and was raised from the dead. That is the truth that was later revealed to His disciples. It was also later revealed to Paul the mystery concerning His death and resurrection which was not known to the disciples.

Why is it so hard for you to understand the first "truth" and not the latter "truth"?

All things Godly and decreed salvific are worked by God in the fulness of time.
Not according to you. You reject that the fulness of God's grace was not revealed to Paul, and unknown to those before him.

You cannot eliminate Truth and the Gospel message, just because not all sinners believe it . . . yet?
:doh:

You really are insane. :kookoo:

Jesus Christ Incarnated, died, and resurrected in the fullness of time.
Yep.
Does that mean His death and resurrection was invalid for all who lived before His time, or is invalid for those who do not believe until He opens their spiritual eyes to understand, and breathes the Holy Spirit upon them?
The message to the Jews was to simply call upon Jesus as the One whom was promised, but "blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in."

Why so many eliminating gaps of saving grace within MAD?
Nope, you are just a fool, who is too proud and arrogant to see the things that differ, even though you admit they exist.

Doom

Well, you can skip loving God with all your heart, mind, and soul if you choose . . . but I am blessed by that commandment and mean to continue in it.
False. The love of God has been poured out into my heart by the Holy Spirit. I love Him, because I have His Spirit. You choose to gut it out in the flesh. Your love is carnal, just like those under the Law.

SaulToPaul 2

Nope, you are just a fool, who is too proud and arrogant to see the things that differ, even though you admit they exist.

That the gospel of the kingdom does not equal 1 Cor 15:1-4 should not even be a question for the rational human being.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Now the question is, Why do people who reject MAD seem to find it more intolerable than other doctrinal systems with which they also do not agree? I have found two basic reasons.

I don't. :idunno: There are actually aspects of MAD that I like.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
They still did not know "that Christ died for our sins". They preached the d, b, r as a murder indictment, but that God raised Christ up. Peter and the boys didn't know Paul's my gospel until he went up by revelation and communicated it unto them (Galatians 2).

God had the wisdom and the power to keep Paul's my gospel a mystery until He wanted it revealed!

Peter instructed:

"Repent and let everyone of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you, and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call. And with many other words he testified and exhorted them saying 'Be saved from this perverse generation." Acts 2:38-40

Doesn't read to me like Peter was still in the dark to Truth, or that Peter was keeping any secrets. In fact, just the opposite. Peter was opening up the prophecy of Joel to the understanding of his listeners.

Peter proclaimed the Gospel of Jesus Christ . . . not a "murder indictment." That is a poor excuse to deny that Peter was filled with the Holy Spirit and the Truth of God.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
That the gospel of the kingdom does not equal 1 Cor 15:1-4 should not even be a question for the rational human being.

Jesus Christ suffered God's wrath against the sins of His people unto death, and resurrected from His grave to ascend back to the Father, to sit in heavenly authority as High Priest; in order to provide His people access to the heavenly Kingdom and guarantee of inheritance and everlasting life in that Kingdom, forever and ever.

How can you say declaring this Kingdom was at hand (due to His Incarnation) is not the same Gospel of saving grace, through His name?

IMO, it is irrational to try to separate the purposes and promises of sharing the inheritance of Christ's Kingdom from the Gospel Truth.

SaulToPaul 2

Jesus Christ suffered God's wrath against the sins of His people unto death, and resurrected from His grave to ascend back to the Father, to sit in heavenly authority as High Priest; in order to provide His people access to the heavenly Kingdom and guarantee of inheritance and everlasting life in that Kingdom, forever and ever.

How can you say declaring this Kingdom was at hand (due to His Incarnation) is not the same Gospel of saving grace, through His name?

IMO, it is irrational to try to separate the purposes and promises of sharing the inheritance of Christ's Kingdom from the Gospel Truth.

A 6th grader can read Luke 18 and see that the gospel of the kingdom was not 1 Cor 15:1-4.

Why can't you?

Because it would destroy your religion?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Peter instructed:

"Repent and let everyone of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you, and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call. And with many other words he testified and exhorted them saying 'Be saved from this perverse generation." Acts 2:38-40

Doesn't read to me like Peter was still in the dark to Truth, or that Peter was keeping any secrets. In fact, just the opposite. Peter was opening up the prophecy of Joel to the understanding of his listeners.

Peter proclaimed the Gospel of Jesus Christ . . . not a "murder indictment." That is a poor excuse to deny that Peter was filled with the Holy Spirit and the Truth of God.
Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Acts 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Acts 3:12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Acts 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

Acts 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

A murder indictment and their reaction was:

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Peter did not preach "that Christ died for our sins"! That is not Peter glorying in the cross!

Peter didn't know Paul's gospel until Paul went up by revelation and communicated it unto them (Galatians 2).

God had the wisdom and the power to keep Paul's my gospel a mystery until He wanted it revealed! It is wisdom that you deny!