ECT What is the true root objection to MAD?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well I am going to be frank, I think the idea of an "age of grace" comes from their reading of "age of the gentiles". My teachers have said another phrase, "the Church Age". But I think it is neither of these things.

Paul was given a dispensation of grace for us. It is also appropriate to call it an administration of grace, since he is the administrator. He magnifies his office.

csuguy

Which gentiles are grafted in, and to where are they grafted? Knowing what Romans 11 says, I await your answer.

Romans 11

11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. 12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!

The gentiles (the wild olive) are grafted in with Israel (the natural vine/branches), and both share in the nourishment of the root (Christ)

Cross Reference

Paul was given a dispensation of grace for us. It is also appropriate to call it an administration of grace, since he is the administrator. He magnifies his office.

Paul was given a period of time to preach the gospel and then he would be gone from the scene__ misconstrued to be more than what he intended to convey.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

There is only one Administrator of grace, and He is Almighty God.
He magnifies His Person alone.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Act 10:42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
Act 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 11:1 And the apostles and brethren that were in Judaea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God.

Act 15:14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
Act 15:15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
Act 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
Act 15:17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

Peter preached the remission of sins and the first to preach salvation to the gentiles.

Paul preached the "Grace Message" to the gentiles! It was given
to him by "The Risen Christ!" Peter and the rest were preaching,
The Kingdom Message" as John W said! There were TWO messages
being preached during that time; The Grace Message and The Kingdom
Message!

The Grace Message; To the gentiles!
The Kingdom Message; To the Jews!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
All believers are raised up (regenerated) and commissioned to proclaim the Gospel of Grace in Jesus Christ. It is through the spiritual, redeemed sons of God, that the Gospel is brought to and preached to the world at large. Romans 10:12-15

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Today, 2015, The Grace Message (Paul's Gospel) is for the gentiles
and the Jews! One Gospel for today! That, same Gospel was received
by Paul from The Risen Christ, and is still in force in 2015 and beyond!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
All believers are raised up (regenerated) and commissioned to proclaim the Gospel of Grace in Jesus Christ. It is through the spiritual, redeemed sons of God, that the Gospel is brought to and preached to the world at large. Romans 10:12-15

However, you follow "Brother Calvin!" That's, your truth!

musterion

Well I am going to be frank, I think the idea of an "age of grace" comes from their reading of "age of the gentiles".

If that's a book title, I've never heard of it. Never heard anyone reference it.

Anyway, "age of grace" or "day of grace" are perfectly sensible and accurate terms. TODAY is the day of salvation (2 Cor 6:2) but this day will end when God does what 2 Thess 1:8 says He'll do.

Do you deny that He will do so?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul preached the "Grace Message" to the gentiles! It was given
to him by "The Risen Christ!" Peter and the rest were preaching,
The Kingdom Message" as John W said! There were TWO messages
being preached during that time; The Grace Message and The Kingdom
Message!

The Grace Message; To the gentiles!
The Kingdom Message; To the Jews!

That is rubbish doctrine from those outside of Gods covenant.

Act 11:14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.
Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
Act 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
Act 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
Act 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

LA

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The gentiles (the wild olive) are grafted in with Israel (the natural vine/branches), and both share in the nourishment of the root (Christ)

Romans 11

11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. 12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!

What you say is not kosher with what Paul said. Read it again. Pun intended.

musterion

But through [Israel's] fall...salvation has come to the Gentiles.
This indicates salvation as Paul preached it hadn't gone to Gentiles until Israel had fallen.

Note how Paul speaks of Israel's fall, and the coming of salvation to the Gentile world, as having already happened.

That means the fall of Israel predated the writing of Romans 11.

The Messianic Kingdom Gospel preached at Pentecost was presented exclusively to all Israel -- to Jews far and near, but to Jews only. It was not offered to Gentiles; it was still undreamed of by any Jew that Gentiles could come near to God without Israel, as God was still dealing with Israel as Israel.

That means salvation did not come to the Gentile world until after Pentecost.

The point here is that if one can determine the post-Pentecost/pre-Romans 11 point at which Israel fell and salvation was sent to Gentiles, one will find the point at which God ushered in of the present dispensation of grace and the unveiling of the previously hidden mystery given to Paul (Rom 16:25; Eph 3:9). And with it, one will find the beginning of the one new man, the Body of Christ, and the end of His acknowledgement of all things Israelitish.

Should be pretty simple to find.

Which non-MAD is up to this challenge?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This indicates salvation as Paul preached it hadn't gone to Gentiles until Israel had fallen.

Note how Paul speaks of Israel's fall, and the coming of salvation to the Gentile world, as having already happened.

That means the fall of Israel predated the writing of Romans 11.

The Messianic Kingdom Gospel preached at Pentecost was presented exclusively to all Israel -- to Jews far and near, but to Jews only. It was not offered to Gentiles; it was still undreamed of by any Jew that Gentiles could come near to God without Israel, as God was still dealing with Israel as Israel.

That means salvation did not come to the Gentile world until after Pentecost.

The point here is that if one can determine the post-Pentecost/pre-Romans 11 point at which Israel fell and salvation was sent to Gentiles, one will find the point at which God ushered in of the present dispensation of grace and the unveiling of the previously hidden mystery given to Paul (Rom 16:25; Eph 3:9). And with it, one will find the beginning of the one new man, the Body of Christ, and the end of His acknowledgement of all things Israelitish.

Should be pretty simple to find.

Which non-MAD is up to this challenge?

The Body of Christ, the continuance of Christ's ministry into all of the world--

Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

as per--

Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Mat 3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Act 11:13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter;
Act 11:14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.
Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
Act 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
Act 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
Act 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Act 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

LA