ECT What is the true root objection to MAD?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
If a person believes 1. Cor. 15. 1-4 it's good enough for me.

That is sad . . . this passage is simply a brief summary of the gospel message, but the entire bible contains the full Gospel message.

To be satisfied with 4 verses, is to take away from the rest of the Word of God that has the power to save.

I think MAD cheats people, when they point to Paul, but do not refer to the teachings of Jesus Christ, who is the DIVINE SOURCE of grace.

Paul was a saved sinner . . . and not the Lord God Almighty, come in flesh from heaven, by whose words we are to live. (Read the rest of I Corinthians 15, which is terribly neglected by MAD!)

Doom

I think Paul's one teaching in I Corinthians 15 is gospel, but overemphasized, at the expense of the rest of the gospel teachings that permeate all of scripture.

MAD would do better to focus on the teachings of Jesus, in order to know the full Gospel message of grace.

Col 1:25 "Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God"

Eph 3:2 "If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward"

Paul's words, in light of yours, expose you and your ilk as false teachers with a false gospel, and outside the faith.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
That is sad . . . this passage is simply a brief summary of the gospel message, but the entire bible contains the full Gospel message.

To be satisfied with 4 verses, is to take away from the rest of the Word of God that has the power to save.

I think MAD cheats people, when they point to Paul, but do not refer to the teachings of Jesus Christ, who is the DIVINE SOURCE of grace.

Paul was a saved sinner . . . and not the Lord God Almighty, come in flesh from heaven, by whose words we are to live. (Read the rest of I Corinthians 15, which is terribly neglected by MAD!)

I did not say that I believe only 4 verses, but those verses contain a full saving revelation.

heir

TOL Subscriber
A distinction made without a difference . . .
Nang believes Christ is an IT

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

No one should take you seriously in the least bit.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Thar are a lot of preachers today who do not preach the cross, the burial [especially ] and the resurrection....

But those 3 points was not the only gospel Paul preached by which we are saved in which we stand.

....and He was SEEN first of Cephas then of the 12 is part of 1. Cor.15.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Col 1:25 "Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God"

Eph 3:2 "If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward"

Paul's words, in light of yours, expose you and your ilk as false teachers with a false gospel, and outside the faith.

"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your strength. And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart."

Who spoke these words? Paul?

What are the scripture references? To whom are they directed?

heir

TOL Subscriber
1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV is a declaration of the good news by which we are saved.

vs. Romans 1:16 KJV

What a fool. You say this as if we do not know where grace comes from. And just Whose words do you think Paul wrote? Isn't all scripture given by inspiration of God according to you? Why do you hate Paul?

1 Corinthians 15 is about resurrection and there's even another mystery that shows up at the end of it.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
MAD? Paul was a Jew and he taught from the Hebrew Bible, there was no NT.

Jesus is a Jew and he taught the Hebrew scriptures and told his disciples to teach what he commanded them to teach.

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you... (Mat 28:20)​

What were Jesus' commands?

musterion

Yes He was seen by them. That's what substantiated the fact of the Resurrection.

But Paul never said Christ was seen alive by many for our justification. Paul said Christ died for our sins, was buried, and was raised again for our justification (Rom 4:25). That is what is to be believed. That is what saves anyone who believes it. If a sinner won't believe that, it makes no difference who else attested to it.

Doom

"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your strength. And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart."

Who spoke these words? Paul?

What are the scripture references? To whom are they directed?
Moses and Jesus to the Jews.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Thar are a lot of preachers today who do not preach the cross, the burial [especially ] and the resurrection....

But those 3 points was not the only gospel Paul preached by which we are saved in which we stand.

They all preached resurrection, but what did Peter preach that Christ was raised for? And Paul? Are the reasons that they preached as to why Christ was raised the same?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Yes He was seen by them. That's what substantiated the fact of the Resurrection.

But Paul never said Christ was seen alive by many for our justification. Paul said Christ died for our sins, was buried, and was raised again for our justification (Rom 4:25). That is what is to be believed. That is what saves anyone who believes it. If a sinner won't believe that, it makes no difference who else attested to it.

Even Jesus?

MADist do not read the gospels, apparently, for Jesus prophesied and taught several times about His decreed death and resurrection.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
They all preached resurrection, but what did Peter preach that Christ was raised for? And Paul? Are the reasons that they preached as to why Christ was raised the same?

Jesus Christ taught the purpose of His promised resurrection, in John 14:2.

Shouldn't one start with His explanation, and compare the teachings of all others, by His words?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus Christ taught the purpose of His promised resurrection, in John 14:2.

Shouldn't one start with His explanation, and compare the teachings of all others, by His words?
If you want to attempt fielding questions, try answering them.