ECT What is the true root objection to MAD?

andyc

Your doctrine claims the name of Jesus, then claims in the future Jesus is going to sit on a throne in the Middle East and oversee animal sacrifices for sin atonement.

Yes, I know.

Which is why I can't understand why you follow a doctrine that teaches Jesus is going to sit on a throne and oversee animal sacrifices for sin atonement.

The Hebrews writer explains that Jesus has entered the tabernacle made without hands (heaven) where he remains a priest forever.
The simply idea here is that, as the high priest entered the most holy place each year, the people outside waited for him to rejoin them. Now Jesus has entered the most holy place, and he is waiting for us to rejoin him there.
The way in was not made know while the first tabernacle is still standing.
Mad teaches that the first tabernacle of carnal imperfections still stands, and therefore the crucifixion is completely pointless.
People who swallow this nonsense have way too much time on their hands reading crazy books.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If course not. No OT prophecies are unfulfilled. All OT prophecies have been fulfilled in Christ Jesus.

Back up and read verse 35

(John 6:35) Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

Yes, then apply that principle to the descriptions in Ezekiel and you will see that it applies to now and to the future

Future---

Rev 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
Rev 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

as described in EZ.

Eze 47:1 Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar.
Eze 47:2 Then brought he me out of the way of the gate northward, and led me about the way without unto the utter gate by the way that looketh eastward; and, behold, there ran out waters on the right side.
Eze 47:3 And when the man that had the line in his hand went forth eastward, he measured a thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the waters were to the ankles.
Eze 47:4 Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters were to the loins.
Eze 47:5 Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over.
Eze 47:6 And he said unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen this? Then he brought me, and caused me to return to the brink of the river.
Eze 47:7 Now when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the river were very many trees on the one side and on the other.
Eze 47:8 Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed.
Eze 47:9 And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh.
Eze 47:10 And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many.
Eze 47:11 But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt.
Eze 47:12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
What is the true root objection to MAD?

you say you are saved
you say you don't sin

neither can be true

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
what about grosnick?

Yep, GM is a Darby follower also.

But just watch and see how he will go on and on and on (just like heir) about how he knows nothing about John Nelson Darby, even though he parrots the teachings of John Nelson Darby.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, that is not the case at all, Tam. What I am stating is that doctrine which is refuted by Scripture in any way can not be 100% correct and therefore, has no stand when it comes to demanding everyone follow it. OSAS would be a perfect example of that as well as the doctrine of the elect and MAD.
How does one lose eternal life that was given them?

Jedidiah

What is the true root objection to MAD?
There is a group of people identified in the New Testament who are genuinely adversaries of our Apostle Paul.

"...certaine men which came downe from Iudea, taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saued." Acts 15:1

They are further identified here:

Acts 11:2 ("...they that were of the circumcision...." The same group as Galatians 2:12 "...them which were of the Circumcisiō...")
Titus 1:10 ("...they of the circumcision...")

They are not the other Apostles.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yep.

But you know what the Darby followers will claim. They will claim they learned it just from reading the Bible.

But you know what the J Stewart Russell, Hank Hannegraaf Preterist/AD 70-ist followers will claim, like yourself. You will claim that you never follow the teachings of men, but the teachings of infallible men. Wait-you've already claimed that, right, Craigie?

Where is that "AD 70" reference in the bible, sweetie? You obtained that on your own, did you, sweetie, "learned it just from reading the Bible," eh?

Lying punk.

SaulToPaul 2

That's why you're lost. You believe not the glorious gospel of Christ 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV.

give me four more neg reps. come on, you can do it.

What are the odds chrys will overcome the world, the flesh, and the devil as the LORD did?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
i think, if you slowed things down a bit - PPS,

My pace is just fine. Sorry most can't keep up.

you might finally STOP asking questions

Why would I stop inquiring for information?

and start answering them.

Contrarily, I've always answered questions.

i admit, i am impressed with your vocabulary and seeming knowledge of all things philsophical, including terminology and translation.

Okay. But this will be a back-handed compliment of sorts. You'll go on to something else.

just me, but i type and post exactly as i speak in person.

And you think that's the requirement for others, for some reason. It's not. This is a written format, with all the restrictions that entails. No vocal inflection with pitch and tone, facial expression, body language, etc. It's absurd to equate vocal and written communication forms as identical. They're simply not.

i also know, you can't possibly speak in the same words during "real life" interaction.

This isn't a false binary as a dichotomy. It isn't a pure either/or. I use much the same vocab "live" as I do online. Words have meaning, and I use them as such. And that includes Greek words which have no simple mainstream English equivalent.

But I'm in an environment of discipling and mentoring others who are hungry to know the truth rather than simplistic dogma that's merely conceptual with very little application. They understand me completely, and emulate that expression and overall vocab; also understanding the horrific incapacity of English and its patterning of thought that is inverse to scriptural truth.

unless you hang out at universities and seminaries.

Nope. Regular people can learn the fallacies of language and incorporate a clear understanding of crucial meanings in the original biblical languages. It changes their lives, whether you ever understand and recognize that or not.

i'm not speaking of this post, but posts i've seen.

Yeah, I know. Like this response I'm posting to your silly demands.

any "big" word you use can be communicated in a more "understandable" context.

That's a false bare assertion from your own limited perspective of ignorance and entitlement.

in a way, i suppose i'm calling you out,

No, you're just demanding that the depths, breadths, and heights of exegetical truth be dumbed-down to a lowest-common denominator to quantify the unquantifiable in simplistic terms for the self-imposed limits of man's mind. It's the pride of life. Put all mysteries of God in as small a box as possible to "own" it all.

Language devices have swallowed you up.

to put your beliefs in REAL words.

As opposed to...? UNreal words? How 'bout you learn REAL words instead? Why must others seek your lowest level of understanding and expression? That's amazingly arrogant.

don't pretend you don't know what i'm sayin' - :jazz:

Of course I do. My students and peers laugh about it all the time. It takes about 4-8 weeks of teaching on the effects of low-context language (like English), and then every last one of them realizes the problem was their own perspective... which is identical to yours and most others' until they hear the truth.

You don't know what you don't know. Stop blaming me or others for that. Your mindset from your native language is the problem. Be not ignorant of Satan's devices (noema - concepts of the mind). You've been "created" by language.

Last edited: