ECT What is the true root objection to MAD?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree with you, Patrick. I too think that Jesus was extending the time till things erupted.

As for who is thinking that the commandment in Mt 16:20 is a permanent and ever lasting command... go and read further back than just the quote you are responding to in post #753 (you can just click on the blue arrow inside the quote box and it will take you to your original post).

I think you will find that IMJ is saying that all the commands are eternal and everlasting, and then Tambora pulled Matthew 16:20 out to suggest that all the commands are in question as to being eternal and everlasting... that IMJ is wrong about her claim that what Jesus has commanded are to obeyed for all time.

IMJ does agree, as I remember reading the conversation, that Matthew 16:20 wasn't for all time.

God bless.
Then why does IMJ argue with me about it?

It is obvious by that verse (and others) that all of the commands of Jesus are not for everyone at all times.

Which renders IMJ's statement false.
IMJ's false statement said:
Nothing Yeshua preached is worthless or does not apply to us.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The Dispys need to keep a distinction between Jew and Gentile believers or their whole false system collapses.
Any saved individual who studies their Bible can see that in the Body of Christ there is no distinction, but there were most certainly distinctions in Paul's ministry. And when you study the differences, you can see what is the fellowship of the mystery. For example: Paul went to the Jew first and also to the Greek during the Acts provoking ministry and then later to all men including Gentiles who were strangers and aliens. Together, they are the twain made one new man!

heir

TOL Subscriber
There is no distinction today. But an honest Bible student can see times in the past when there was, all the way through Acts.
I don't know how some can say that they see none, unless of course they can't see at all (1 Corinthians 2:14 KJV).

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you requiring a different Mashiach then?...because in the One God provided, there is no Jew or Gentile, just a homogenous Body. In the context of Christianity, that's the fact!

The Dispys need to keep a distinction between Jew and Gentile believers or their whole false system collapses.

The dispies go to Heaven before the trouble starts and then the Jews have to suffer the tribulation.

It is all just poppycock, because they are not taught by Christ, they just pretend they hear His voice when they do not.

LA
IMJ likes to pretend that everyone who lays claim to the name of Jesus can go ahead and push incorrect doctrine (cause incorrect doctrine just doesn't matter).

Doctrine is a principle or policy of certain beliefs.

A doctrine that claims the name of Jesus, but says that Jesus is a pink mystical unicorn is a false doctrine with another Jesus.

Doctrine matters.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Indeed!

At least twenty verses says that the Apostle Paul certainly thought so!
The apostle Paul used the term "doctrine" 23 times. Of those 23 times, he never once instructs us to compromise the doctrine to “get along” with the religious. But contrariwise!

2 Timothy 1:13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

2 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things. 8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Titus 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

Titus 2:1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:

Titus 2:7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity, 8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

heir

TOL Subscriber
IMJ likes to pretend that everyone who lays claim to the name of Jesus can go ahead and push incorrect doctrine (cause incorrect doctrine just doesn't matter).

Doctrine is a principle or policy of certain beliefs.

A doctrine that claims the name of Jesus, but says that Jesus is a pink mystical unicorn is a false doctrine with another Jesus.

Doctrine matters.
:up:

Paul wrote to Timothy to charge some that they teach no other doctrine! We are under that same charge today!

1 Timothy 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Doctrine matters.

Indeed!

At least twenty verses says that the Apostle Paul certainly thought so!

The apostle Paul used the term "doctrine" 23 times. Of those 23 times, he never once instructs us to compromise the doctrine to “get along” with the religious. But contrariwise!

2 Timothy 1:13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

2 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things. 8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Titus 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

Titus 2:1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:

Titus 2:7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity, 8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.​
highfive.gif

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:noway:
Who would have ever thunk that Tet would drag Darby into the conversation?

:rotfl:

It wasn't me, it was heir.

heir brought up teaching other doctrines.

Darby's teachings are "other doctrines"

Yet, you're a Darby follower.

john w

Hall of Fame
It wasn't me, it was heir.

heir brought up teaching other doctrines.

Darby's teachings are "other doctrines"

Yet, you're a Darby follower.

You're a Hankie Hanegraaf follower/groupie, and a pope follower, which you admit, on record.

Why do you follow the teachings/inventions/theories of fallible men, Craigie?

SaulToPaul 2

You're a Hankie Hanegraaf follower/groupie, and a pope follower, which you admit, on record.

Why do you follow the teachings/inventions/theories of fallible men, Craigie?

When are you going to learn the art and science of biblical interpretation, that is to say, learn to read the Bible for all it's worth...as it was intended to be read?

The Bible is 66 love letters etched in heavenly handwriting sent down from the lover of your soul.

john w

Hall of Fame
When are you going to learn the art and science of biblical interpretation, that is to say, learn to read the Bible for all it's worth...as it was intended to be read?

The Bible is 66 love letters etched in heavenly handwriting sent down from the lover of your soul.

You kill me! Walter Martin would give you a "thumbs up!"

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Get your language straight if you would like me to respond. Galatians 2:7 KJV clearly states that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto Paul just as the gospel of the circumcision was committed unto Peter.

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

That does not change the fact that today one need trust the Lord believing the gospel of Christ for salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

Was that not the case for both Jew and Gentile from the beginning of the church in Acts ch 2.?

LA