ECT What is the true root objection to MAD?

IMJerusha

The worship of men has blinded their eyes.

Paul being an example of following Jesus Christ, it follows that believers ought seek to hear Christ's voice and follow Him as Paul did.

However MAD does not even follow the words of Paul, let alone live like him.

Eph 5:1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
Eph 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
Eph 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

LA

And these words of Paul's paraphrase God's Law. :)

IMJerusha

Another stunning cliche, that just mesmirizes all of TOL. Please teach us...please?

Wolf-ette.

"He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn--and I would heal them." John 12:40

A stunning cliche, eh John? Why should we follow another sort of P'rushim when we can follow Yeshua to the presence of God?

john w

Hall of Fame
"He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn--and I would heal them." John 12:40

A stunning cliche, eh John? Why should we follow another sort of P'rushim when we can follow Yeshua to the presence of God?

You missed it, as usual, Jerry.

Clown, in a parade of clowns. "Thanks" again for saying nothing.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why do you consistently prove LA's claims if you disagree with them so?
Try taking your own advice if you think it is so great.

Your biggest challenge and gift is to be like Yeshua and you refuse while claiming His blood.
I have not refused to be like Jesus.
I just know that I am not.

That doesn't make sense. Why is "Follow me" so distasteful to you?
It's not distasteful to me.

Beyond that, why would anyone want to be a Christian if all they have to face is condescension, belittling and a different sort of P'rushim.
Eternal life comes to mind, even when the world hates me.

Truth is that if we follow Yeshua, we'll be fine.
I was buried and resurrected with Jesus.
I am fine.

He said to love and honor God and love our neighbors in the process. You've dismissed that as worthless instruction.
Wrong.

Nothing Yeshua preached is worthless or does not apply to us.
Then go by what He said and see how that works out for ya.
Matthew 16:20 KJV
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.​

Did that command change?
Yep.

When you posit that what came out of Yeshua (His message to the world) was different for one group of people than for another, you've just painted Him out unclean which is anything that is not God which is blasphemy because God does not change.
Again ...
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.​

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away." Matthew 24:35 Put that verse in context, if you can or will, with what Yeshua is talking about, the end times and the new Jerusalem. His Word counts through eternity!
And again ...

IMJerusha

And what advice do you think I have offered that is so unacceptable or that I am not following myself?

As do I. Paul stated, however, "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14 And that is what we should do.

Baruch HaShem!

As it should all of us because "whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen." 1 John 4:20

You want that to mean what you want that to mean, not what it does mean. There is an onus of responsibility to walk in newness of life, not continue in willful sin. Any doctrine that allows for continuance of willful sin is off.

"Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin." Romans 6:3-7.

I am fine.
I'm not the judge of that.

No, right!

Did that command change?

I can't go by that command because I wasn't living in that moment when Yeshua was concerned about the misconception of Mashiach and becoming a political tool. He had a God-given mission to fulfill.

Again ...

So you think this one instruction for a specific moment of time allows us the freedom to paint Him out as dual minded and unclean?

And again ...

So you think this one instruction for a specific moment of time renders the rest of Yeshua's teachings on earth moot to us? And you believe that from this one verse an entire doctrine of dismissal of Yeshua's teachings on earth is justified? This is a twisting of Scripture to fit a doctrine. Yeshua said while He was with us on earth, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me." Matthew 28:18 Should we assume that since Yeshua stated that to His disciples that it didn't apply to us when He ascended?

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Did that command change?
Yep.

Again ...

And again ...

On one hand MAD says that commandment is changed but when faced with the fact that Jesus was sent through His disciples to all nations, MAD claims Jesus was only ever sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

They just make things up to suit their own blindness of never having become disciples of Christ.

They follow the flesh of Paul which is Saul.

They have never seen, nor heard, or met, the Lord Jesus Christ.

MAD trusts only in their false doctrine of two gospels, one for the Jews ,and one for the Gentiles, then only one for the Jews and Gentiles.

Is that three gospels??

LA

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

I am fine.

Wrong.

Did that command change?
Yep.

Again ...

And again ...

i'm probably missing something but, i glanced at this recent exchange, what is the point here with Matthew 16:20 ? certainly nobody is saying that was a permanent, neverending command, are they ? Jesus was trying to not be killed sooner. imo - :)

heir

TOL Subscriber
MAD trusts only in their false doctrine of two gospels, one for the Jews ,and one for the Gentiles, then only one for the Jews and Gentiles.
What in the world are you going on about now? One trusts the Lord for salvation believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It happens.

IMJ tried to say that.

i wish i knew how to pick a phrase or sentence and respond to it. but i think i have to disagree with imj, in that, there was certain dialogue specific to the moment, recorded in The Bible. i know we all know that, but to say, that specific request by Jesus, is for me - today ? i still think i must be the one reading wrong or asking the wrong thing ? - :hammer:

IMJerusha

One trusts the Lord for salvation believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth.

The Gospel of Christ which MAD states Yeshua did not deliver personally to the world in contrast to Scripture's testimony: "Now when John, while imprisoned, heard of the works of Christ, he sent word by his disciples and said to Him, 'Are You the Expected One, or shall we look for someone else?' Jesus answered and said to them, 'Go and report to John what you hear and see: the blind receive sight and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the Gospel preached to them." Matthew 11:3-5

"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor." Isaiah 61:1-3

" 'The spirit of the Lord is upon me, because He anointed me to preach the Gospel to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives, and recovery of sight to the the blind, to set free those who are oppressed, to proclaim the favorable year of the Lord.' And He closed the book, gave it back to the attendant and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on Him. And He began to say to them, 'Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.' " Luke 4:18-21

“Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done." Matthew 16:24-27

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Rom 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What in the world are you going on about now? One trusts the Lord for salvation believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth.

Don't pretend.

You say the gospel to the circumcised is not the same as the gospel to the uncircumcised.

LA