ECT What is the true root objection to MAD?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Explain this:

Galatians 2:7-8 KJV But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; 8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

This is the Apostle Paul speaking. If you need more help, just ask.

Gospel of the Circumcision = The Kingdom Gospel TO Israel.

Gospel of the Uncircumsion = The Gospel of the Grace of God TO the Gentiles and really the entire world.

Hint: Things did change after the Cross, and Jesus Christ did NOT die in vain.

Good post!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
andy doesn't care who James was written to. What James says about faith goes against what Paul writes,

It doesn't.

Jas 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
Jas 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
Jas 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
Jas 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
Jas 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Jas 2:25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
Jas 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It doesn't.

Jas 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
Jas 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
Jas 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
Jas 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
Jas 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Jas 2:25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
Jas 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Read James 1:1 then come back and tell us WHO James
was speaking to!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
andy doesn't care who James was written to. What James says about faith goes against what Paul writes, but the religious apply it as TO us, anyway. It's the only way they can continue with all of their self appointed fruit inspection. They are obsessed with the flesh and because of it refuse to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.

AMEN!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
andy doesn't care who James was written to. What James says about faith goes against what Paul writes, but the religious apply it as TO us, anyway. It's the only way they can continue with all of their self appointed fruit inspection. They are obsessed with the flesh and because of it refuse to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.

You demonstrate so much fruit of the flesh it is hard to miss it.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Continued deception, as her father the devil told her to delete...

Luke 18 KJV

31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

"all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

....and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them,
"

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Luk 24:48 And ye are witnesses of these things.
Luk 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Everytime you call the Father of the Lord Jesus a devil, you make your damnation more sure.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Luk 24:48 And ye are witnesses of these things.
Luk 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Everytime you call the Father of the Lord Jesus a devil, you make your damnation more sure.

LA

Luke was written to the Jews; not the gentiles (The Body of Christ!)

andyc

Oh, AndyC, that's not the way it is dealt with.

We abhor sin in the flesh.
Which is why we speak out against homos, abortionist, etc.

If we were really just trying to pacify the flesh, we wouldn't care about what homos and abortionists do.

While we still abhor such things, we know that the behavior of the flesh does not determine grace salvation.
For it is the perfect obedience and righteousness of Christ that saves, not any of the obedience and righteousness we may occasionally exhibit.

We agree that this corruptible flesh we live in is not going to stop rebelling while it lives.
The only thing that can free the flesh body from that law that it rebels against is death.

The believer counts his flesh as dead, a corpse.

Galatians 2:20-21 KJV
(20) I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
(21) I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.​

Long story short, if you are relying on any of your own righteousness or obedience, you are relying on the wrong person.
In other words, salvation is not a self-effort program. It's all about what Christ did, not what you have done.
When you realize that your salvation is not based on your obedience and righteousness, but the righteousness and obedience of Christ, then you can rest knowing that all effort required for salvation was accomplished by Christ.

I'm not against this. There is, though, an end product. A Spirit led life.

andyc

Explain this:

Galatians 2:7-8 KJV But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; 8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

This is the Apostle Paul speaking. If you need more help, just ask.

Gospel of the Circumcision = The Kingdom Gospel TO Israel. = Accept the messiah Israel rejected.

Gospel of the Uncircumsion = The Gospel of the Grace of God TO the Gentiles and really the entire world. = Come and learn about the messiah Israel rejected.

Hint: Things did change after the Cross, and Jesus Christ did NOT die in vain.